p2w

2

Comments

  • Not being p2w is actually one of the few things tera does right
  • RKCRKC ✭✭✭
    edited June 2018
    Yes I used to play in Tera EU, Enigmatic scrolls in that server use to go for 500 gold a piece I dont remember if they had blessed enigmatic scrolls but I didnt see anything. played for like 2 years and I didnt get anything out of it. Tried NA and never looked back.

    Yes NA tera has no pay2win element unless you buy gold from those shady websites that are popping out right now. But in terms of getting gear and what not, nope. Only way to gear up is to grind and grind. Thats why Tera is left alone in those controversial articles on the internet because literally they have nothing to talk about except trying to find something to hate over and nit picking on it.

    People tend to flock to things that look bad or are very controversial even if the game is bad as long as someone is talking about it, it will get people to play it.

    I love tera because it stays away from those things. Unlike BDO and BnS that has P2W. TERA doesnt have short cuts soo yah no one wants to play something that you cant slap money on it to become good.
  • ZoknahalZoknahal ✭✭✭✭✭
    Biggbos wrote: »
    I stop to play some years ago cause the pw2 aspect of buying alkahest in cash shop.
    i would like to know if it continue in the same way.
    i would like how is the pvt state now.
    better to play Na or EU?

    sorry my bad english.
    Biggbos wrote: »
    7 people wrote on this post but nobody can answer my questions nice comunity.

    I will answer then, as it seems you did not understood my first reply.

    TERA is not, is never been, and i hope it never become a Pay to Win Game, at least, not TERA NA. Alkahest are no longer required in the process of enchanting end game gear. They only work for lower tiered gear that you probably will never get to enchant besides the relic weapons.

    By playing the game, you are already getting materials to enchant. No, buying loot boxes is not P2W, and no, swiping is also not making this game P2W. Loot boxes contain a lot of tokens and talents to enchant your gear, but ultimately, you can get em all for free in game, and they are not locked to the shop, so this debunks the argument that TERA is P2W

    Swiping also wont make it P2W. Swipe credit card > sell EMP > buy your piece of SC gear. This is the main argument people will use to call TERA NA, P2W. Wrong. First of all, someone went through the trouble of MAKING that piece of gear, by playing the game, not paying a single dime. Second, Buying Stormcry gear wont count as P2W, because this gear does not gives you a bleeding edge advantage in the battlefield, and wont make you crush your opponents beneath your feet with a single click. TERA requires skill, and if you have the gear but not the skill, im sorry but you will just be kicked from pretty much everywhere in TERA. You do not "win" TERA by just having the best gear, you need to back your gear with player skill.

    In its current state, TERA NA is at most, Pay for Convenience/Progress Faster. Nothing in the shop will make you stronger than a regular non paying player. Nothing in the shop cannot be traded in game to other players. Nothing in the shop forces no paying players to pay in order to be good. Even Elite status can be acquired now by just farming gold and paying in game gold for it.

    PvP is dead.

    Your choice if you want to play in NA or EU. I do not play in EU, but they been doing quite good with the transparency thing, unlike EME.
  • AbstractCHAbstractCH ✭✭✭
    I think people get confused on what p2w means. If you can get ANYTHING in the game without spending money the game is not p2w. You can get anything in tera without spending a penny, yes it may be a little harder than spending some cash but that doesn’t make the game p2w. Take it from someone who is sitting on full +9 SC, and fully upgraded jewler, tons of costumes, and expensive mounts. How much have I spent on this game? 15 dollars a month for elite. Could I still have achieved without elite? Absolutely yes. All it takes is actually playing the game instead of afking HW and playing the broker.
  • AbstractCH wrote: »
    I think people get confused on what p2w means. If you can get ANYTHING in the game without spending money the game is not p2w. You can get anything in tera without spending a penny, yes it may be a little harder than spending some cash but that doesn’t make the game p2w. Take it from someone who is sitting on full +9 SC, and fully upgraded jewler, tons of costumes, and expensive mounts. How much have I spent on this game? 15 dollars a month for elite. Could I still have achieved without elite? Absolutely yes. All it takes is actually playing the game instead of afking HW and playing the broker.

    Im not confused at all if you can read the whole post you will understand, the way to enchant guear in 2015 in TERA EU was using alkahest and it was only posible to get them with vanguars quests so it was limited to a certain amount per day but if you did go to cash shop you can buy unlimited alkahest to enchant your guear to +15.
    Did you get it? if you have limited enchant items per day but unlimited with the cash shop means its p2w.
    The reason for this post is to know if in NA is like EU and all of you say no so its ok for me. And in these times i was sitting on full+12 and my weapon +13 with no spending money but it was imposible to get +15 without spending €.
    i dont care of elite status that was never a p2w condition for me i think its a good way to support the game.
    And i also dont care of ppl selling emp for me is not p2w.

    My real condition to make a game p2w is like they did in EU putting limited enchant items posible to get per day and unlimited in cash shop making p2w ppl be gueared in 2 weeks and people who dont p2w needed several months to get +15 (almost imposible) like it was before in EU i said again cause ppl cant uderstand im talking about a game that is different in NA and EU.

    Thanks for answering but please stop comment to say ppl dont understand what pw2 is when you cant read the whole post thanks you.
  • DeadXDeadX ✭✭✭
    Biggbos wrote: »
    AbstractCH wrote: »
    I think people get confused on what p2w means. If you can get ANYTHING in the game without spending money the game is not p2w. You can get anything in tera without spending a penny, yes it may be a little harder than spending some cash but that doesn’t make the game p2w. Take it from someone who is sitting on full +9 SC, and fully upgraded jewler, tons of costumes, and expensive mounts. How much have I spent on this game? 15 dollars a month for elite. Could I still have achieved without elite? Absolutely yes. All it takes is actually playing the game instead of afking HW and playing the broker.

    Im not confused at all if you can read the whole post you will understand, the way to enchant guear in 2015 in TERA EU was using alkahest and it was only posible to get them with vanguars quests so it was limited to a certain amount per day but if you did go to cash shop you can buy unlimited alkahest to enchant your guear to +15.
    Did you get it? if you have limited enchant items per day but unlimited with the cash shop means its p2w.
    The reason for this post is to know if in NA is like EU and all of you say no so its ok for me. And in these times i was sitting on full+12 and my weapon +13 with no spending money but it was imposible to get +15 without spending €.
    i dont care of elite status that was never a p2w condition for me i think its a good way to support the game.
    And i also dont care of ppl selling emp for me is not p2w.

    My real condition to make a game p2w is like they did in EU putting limited enchant items posible to get per day and unlimited in cash shop making p2w ppl be gueared in 2 weeks and people who dont p2w needed several months to get +15 (almost imposible) like it was before in EU i said again cause ppl cant uderstand im talking about a game that is different in NA and EU.

    Thanks for answering but please stop comment to say ppl dont understand what pw2 is when you cant read the whole post thanks you.

    irrelevant, you stated yourself you could get alkahest in game, doesn't matter if you can also buy it when that only SPEEDS UP THE PROCESS. pay to win is the ability to obtain items through cash that you CANNOT GET any other way. the absolute closest tera has ever come to P2W was the crit dragons since obtaining one without cash was a long grind AND RNG. however, considering the dragons minor boost...not that big of a deal not having one except to min-maxers.

    learn the difference between pay to win and pay for convenience. tera tries to remain fixed in the pay for convenience category and has done a pretty good job of it.

  • irrelevant, you stated yourself you could get alkahest in game, doesn't matter if you can also buy it when that only SPEEDS UP THE PROCESS. pay to win is the ability to obtain items through cash that you CANNOT GET any other way. the absolute closest tera has ever come to P2W was the crit dragons since obtaining one without cash was a long grind AND RNG. however, considering the dragons minor boost...not that big of a deal not having one except to min-maxers.

    learn the difference between pay to win and pay for convenience. tera tries to remain fixed in the pay for convenience category and has done a pretty good job of it.[/quote]

    My friend you are totally wrong you say i can get alkahest in game but i can speed up the process with cash shop so its not pw2 and after you talk about crit dragons and say that could be p2w cause without cash you need a long grind and RNG and you cant understand its worst than that. Thats just what happened with +15 guear you needed literaly tons of alkahest and each try can make your guear go down from +14 to +13 for example so it was to much RNG involved on it and you really needed tons of alkahest wich i repeat you can ONLY get by vanguards quests so it was limited per day and really not enough. And the worst thing is the mecanic when more you enchant more succes rate you will get past +12 stoped to work cause they implement the +15 go to +14 and etc.. to make RNG worst for players and gl to get your items +15 without spending cash before next patch come out ^^. Thats the way gameforge milk EU players for more than a year i cant talk after this cause i stoped to play.

    And these days we played this game for pvp so dont tell me ill just get it late with insane grind cause it was nearly imposible without cash and thats means all the wars pvp rankings the good pvp was unbalanced cause ppl on 2 weeks with his credit card can just upgrade theyr items to +15 for maybe 1000€ but players who cant use money to get advantage needed to grind with several alts to try get at the same level as p2w ppl and it was imposible.

    So yes in these moment tera was p2w and not pay to convenience and i say again it was in EU. If you didnt played on EU at 2015 you will never know how p2w it was this game and thats good for you :D have a nice day.
  • RKCRKC ✭✭✭
    Sweet gebus.

    Long story short, no NA tera is not P2W. EU tera yes.
  • RKC wrote: »
    Sweet gebus.

    Long story short, no NA tera is not P2W. EU tera yes.

    Thanks, im agree with you. +1
  • miskaymiskay ✭✭
    P2w rich kids keep this game open for now,so play all you can.
  • SageWinduSageWindu High Seat of the Jedi Council ✭✭✭✭✭
    Whether or not the game is P2W depends on how you look at the crit mounts, I say.

    Yes, they can be earned through (very laborious) gameplay, but as i understand the ones offered in-game are not as powerful as the ones from the cash shop.

    What say you guys?
  • DL7MMWLJ3WDL7MMWLJ3W ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2018
    The P2W term has lost meaning these days so no point of this debate.

    People will say that this game is P2W because I mean..... look at those crit dragon mounts.

    But you'll have people defend that you can purchase crit mounts with in-game currency on the broker.

    Then another person will say that "then how can the seller supply the crit mount on broker to buy with in-game currency"

    And another person will throw out the infamous "you are irreverent" statement to make their ego sound grand.

    Then a fight deputed between two ppl continues making the thread filling up to 5 pages of just them augmenting with each other.

    This thread doesn't need to be here, it'll just be closed just like the rest of them that goes far off topic of attacking other people to defend their egos.

  • honjohonjo ✭✭
    to you , to understand what its really P2W

    I played a game, where the top gear was only get it by real money, and you didnt have the ways to sellit to other players, and the stats range with the better gear that you can get ingame was half of the online store. So , thats a really p2w, here its more like P2Get Faster, because with time and skill you can get the same gear that anyother player can get.

    But well, using your ways to see the world. Yes its p2w because youll need to buy the 2.0 critcal mount to get max dps, (ah but you can buy it with gold to another player, but still p2w, in your mind).
    If you want to avoid all the xingcode problem (if you havent installed last patch) go to eu,
    Well i dont know what means pvt , so i can answer. sorry about that one.
  • voidyvoidy ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2018
    Depends on your definition of it. If you think being able to buy endgame gear with real money is pay to win, then tera is a pay to win game by your standards since you can do that now. Just sell EMP, take that gold, and buy equipment from a quitting player. I see it all the time. People who have no dungeons under their belt but magically have the best gear possible and don't know how to use it because they p2w'd their gear in like a day. Since so many elements of gear progression can be sped along with raw gold nowadays, and raw gold can be easily purchased in legitimate ways, a strong case can be made that this game has lost a lot of integrity in that regard.

    Up to your definition though. Imo it's p2w where gearing is concerned, but not nearly as bad as other games like bdo, especially since it's easy to weed these people out and avoid them like the plague.
  • Ray676Ray676 ✭✭✭
    voidy wrote: »
    Depends on your definition of it. If you think being able to buy endgame gear with real money is pay to win, then tera is a pay to win game by your standards since you can do that now. Just sell EMP, take that gold, and buy equipment from a quitting player. I see it all the time. People who have no dungeons under their belt but magically have the best gear possible and don't know how to use it because they p2w'd their gear in like a day. Since so many elements of gear progression can be sped along with raw gold nowadays, and raw gold can be easily purchased in legitimate ways, a strong case can be made that this game has lost a lot of integrity in that regard.

    Up to your definition though. Imo it's p2w where gearing is concerned, but not nearly as bad as other games like bdo, especially since it's easy to weed these people out and avoid them like the plague.

    Nobody is paying 280~ ish dollars for a +9 wep right off the bat unless they are some spoiled rich kid. People who already have a maxed character have a gold income and buy finished or nearly finished gear to speed up the process of gearing and jump right into end game dungeons. They aren't 'magically' getting anything. They worked for it, one way or another. Earned.

    Every mmo is p2w in someway. With very few exceptions, like PoE.
Sign In or Register to comment.