[PC] Maintenance has completed, and servers are now open. Thank you for your patience!
Easter has come to TERA! Read all about it, and check this thread for information on where to find these eggs, and what you can get! http://bit.ly/2Dj6rJa

XIGNCODE DISCUSSION!

Comments

• TomRipley wrote: »
    I've removed the game from my system, after losing my SSD, replacing it( and getting two this time to separate my OS so i wouldn't have to reinstall windows a again) It keep crashing during the same spot of xigncode loading that borked my first ssd. I'm done. I'm out. EME and BHS won't get another cent from me until this hot garbage is removed. Ive got a mountain of other games and hobbies so it won't be hard. See you guys later. I'll keep an eye out from time to time but ultimately I'm disgusted with EME/BHS and am quite leery of trying anything from the in the future.
    I realize you're "done" after what happened, but the most useful thing so that there's documented evidence of this problem happening (and exactly what caused it) would be if you could submit your diagnostic details to EME in a ticket, including your XIGNCODE log. Regardless of whether it results in them removing the tool or not, these bugs should be fixed.

There's a certain irony to be found here, proposing they should help out a company that in turn refuses to properly communicate with us about this whole issue. I mean, sonic has written about this several times. If EME would be interested in fixing this stuff, they could've simply asked for details themselves.

Who gives two [filtered] about the company. Help other people that could similarly see something bad happen to their SSD.

Not possible to patch xigncode in a way that stops it from damaging older SSD's without also patching out it's ability to cause blue screens, which couldn't possibly make it less effective than the 0% success rate it already has, but would stop it from ostensibly detecting certain hooks.

Given that it's crashing with the new SSD, it suggests there's something else going on than just "a normal file scan could kill an old SSD that was already on the edge." Perhaps incompatibility with a certain motherboard or drive controller? Anyway, that in particular could probably be solved without undermining the (still ineffective anyway) software's design.
  • vkobevkobe ✭✭✭✭✭
    TomRipley wrote: »
    I've removed the game from my system, after losing my SSD, replacing it( and getting two this time to separate my OS so i wouldn't have to reinstall windows a again) It keep crashing during the same spot of xigncode loading that borked my first ssd. I'm done. I'm out. EME and BHS won't get another cent from me until this hot garbage is removed. Ive got a mountain of other games and hobbies so it won't be hard. See you guys later. I'll keep an eye out from time to time but ultimately I'm disgusted with EME/BHS and am quite leery of trying anything from the in the future.
    I realize you're "done" after what happened, but the most useful thing so that there's documented evidence of this problem happening (and exactly what caused it) would be if you could submit your diagnostic details to EME in a ticket, including your XIGNCODE log. Regardless of whether it results in them removing the tool or not, these bugs should be fixed.

There's a certain irony to be found here, proposing they should help out a company that in turn refuses to properly communicate with us about this whole issue. I mean, sonic has written about this several times. If EME would be interested in fixing this stuff, they could've simply asked for details themselves.

Who gives two [filtered] about the company. Help other people that could similarly see something bad happen to their SSD.

Not possible to patch xigncode in a way that stops it from damaging older SSD's without also patching out it's ability to cause blue screens, which couldn't possibly make it less effective than the 0% success rate it already has, but would stop it from ostensibly detecting certain hooks.

buy new ssd for 100$ ;)

and you will have a good reason to increase the storage of your new ssd ;)

old ssd=500 gb

new ssd = 2 terabyte :yum:
  • TomRipleyTomRipley ✭✭✭
    edited June 2018

Do you honestly think either BHS/EME (not exactly known for fixing issues with their game, like say basic performance) or Wellbia (whose program doesn't even do what it's supposed to at all) would give two [filtered] either?

Imho all you're asking sonic to do is waste time and effort. I mean, given that all the relevant data is located on an SSD xigncode trashed, they'd either have to spend money to hire someone to try and retrieve said data from the broken device, or at the very least send in the SSD to Wellbia (since EME has stated before that technical issues are solved by them), which probably is quite costly as well, in case you forgot: they are located in Korea.
  • edited June 2018
    Imho all you're asking sonic to do is waste time and effort. I mean, given that all the relevant data is located on an SSD xigncode trashed, they'd either have to spend money to hire someone to try and retrieve said data from the broken device, or at the very least send in the SSD to Wellbia (since EME has stated before that technical issues are solved by them), which probably is quite costly as well, in case you forgot: they are located in Korea.

You didn't actually pay attention at all to what he said. He's having the same crash now on his new SSD (though it has not trashed the new drive). So whatever caused the crash in the first place was not the SSD itself, but something unique to the computer. That's what needs to be troubleshooted.
  • TomRipleyTomRipley ✭✭✭

You didn't actually pay attention at all to what he said. He's having the same crash now on his new SSD (though it has not trashed the new drive). So whatever caused the crash in the first place was not the SSD itself, but something unique to the computer. That's what needs to be troubleshooted.

He also said he's done with the game and the company. I mean, sure, by all means, try and convince him to put in the extra effort with no interest towards himself.
    In any case, my point still stands: EME should've contacted him for troubleshooting. Assuming someone who's had already experienced substantial financial damage and is not even willing to put up with the game anymore should take the initiative here to me seems like a fool's errand.
  • That might be silly to suggest but, How about they update the game so it doesn't do anything? Like, nothing at all untill they find something that actually work?
  • voidy wrote: »
    Which server is this? Here on CH, the amount of bots DOUBLED, as if they're doing it just to spite the recent measures.

Tempest Reach.
    I guess we'll be seeing more of 'oh noes my comp exploded' cries then.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • I think I'll quit in the end I don't care so much about their thing on this system that I play games on but don't feel they gave proper warning before hand. They should have literally post in bright red warning letters all over the website, launcher, and email you we about to install this malware crep on ya system now is the time to opt out if not good luck....I don't like things that run with out my permission on my system that just are useless... imo

Although play if you like the game and aren't having issues eme should fix it to where this software isn't causing frame drops and blue screen for people or log on problems. I'd say more people would be inclined to trust the software if it actually had good track record and the company was transparent on what is being collected period. I have personally logged on and played and notice no real difference in my own play experience other than that program that I did not want on my gaming computer... of course I didn't qol test it either for long because being livid about mr. spyglass on my system before I was like you kdkfdjfj up cancle elite just eat that $40 that acc mount you just bought >_<

Going forward I may come back if some major patch comes out that actually interest me and hopefully by then either they have xign to where its not noticed and we get updated info in what its collecting and are looking for on system with a white paper documenting it (or better option something more in house than crep software with crep record smarter option for community as a whole).

I've played since beta been through periods of playing then taking a breaks always found more reasons to come back than to leave totally but seems like they getting fewer and fewer and me personally this put foul taste in mouth and yes I know it can be easily bypassed but if I had to do that because I really wanted to play its just doesn't sit right with me.

tldr

1. If you like the game PLAY IT BY ALL MEANS... eme can possibly come out with ways to make the software be useful and not hinder the systems of the people that reported they are having issues after that patch involving it.

2. If you don't like xign crep don't play odds are eme don't care overall and any decision on whether or not to get rid of it comes down to $ and not communities overall view on it. (sometime businesses have to do this to stay a float or make profits i'm not upset with this way of thinking for companies so don't take it out of context it just stated facts)

3. Sucks if you are in the camp of just not being able to log on or have issues after this that make game unplayable feels bad man

o/ later nerds first and last post keep hope alive
  • I've removed the game from my system, after losing my SSD, replacing it( and getting two this time to separate my OS so i wouldn't have to reinstall windows a again) It keep crashing during the same spot of xigncode loading that borked my first ssd. I'm done. I'm out. EME and BHS won't get another cent from me until this hot garbage is removed. Ive got a mountain of other games and hobbies so it won't be hard. See you guys later. I'll keep an eye out from time to time but ultimately I'm disgusted with EME/BHS and am quite leery of trying anything from the in the future.

I would man, but the SSD it destroyed was also the on that carried windows and i had to install a completely new copy of windows so all logs are unfortunately gone with the ssd.
  • edited June 2018

I would man, but the SSD it destroyed was also the on that carried windows and i had to install a completely new copy of windows so all logs are unfortunately gone with the ssd.

Yeah, sorry, I just meant the logs for the crash after the re-install. Obviously, the logs from the original failure would be dead. But anyway, it really sucks that happened. Hopefully you have better luck wherever you end up.
  • I've removed the game from my system, after losing my SSD, replacing it( and getting two this time to separate my OS so i wouldn't have to reinstall windows a again) It keep crashing during the same spot of xigncode loading that borked my first ssd. I'm done. I'm out. EME and BHS won't get another cent from me until this hot garbage is removed. Ive got a mountain of other games and hobbies so it won't be hard. See you guys later. I'll keep an eye out from time to time but ultimately I'm disgusted with EME/BHS and am quite leery of trying anything from the in the future.

Yeah, sorry, I just meant the logs for the crash after the re-install. Obviously, the logs from the original failure would be dead. But anyway, it really sucks that happened. Hopefully you have better luck wherever you end up.

To be honest I'd like to keep playing Tera, I've been around since the closed beta's and actually really enjoy playing my lancer and mystic with the new apex skills, but I'm very leery of reinstalling the game. The crashes I received briefly after a fresh SSD install and new windows 10 64 bit install were of the insufficient memory error kind, which i don't understand because I've got 32gbs. I don't have any logs of the crashes, but I can post my hardware if any of that information may be of help. though with out the crash logs I'm not sure it's of any use. I've had time to calm down mind you but I'm still not pleased. I've tried googling other instances of peoples SSD's corrupting or dying with Xigncode use but there isn't much mention out there of it or than avoiding the program after a new SSD is purchased. I'd own the drive that got trashed for roughly 4 to 6 months prior to it's death with no issues what so ever. It was a western digital 1 TB SSD. Now I've got a 120gb SSD for my OS and 2 1tb hard drives for storage for data back up to try to avoid a system meltdown and a fresh windows install should the problem occur again.

As for my system
    OS: Windows 10 Home 64 bit SP2( all most recent updates)
    CPU: i7 2600k 3.4 ghz
    RAM:32GB dual channel ddr3 ram. 799mhz
    MOTHERBOARD: MSI Z77A-G43 (MS-7758) with most recent bios
    GFX Card: Gtx 780 (by Gigabyte)

The trashed SSd was mentioned above.
This discussion has been closed.