We're having maintenance Tuesday, November 20 from 8 - 11 am PDT (three hours).

Today's Extended Maintenance

Is it Just a normal maintenance? Why is there an extension?
«134

Comments

  • Our Maintenance Team communicated that although things appeared to mostly be on track, they believed they were going to go over the estimated time frame, so a 1 hour extension needed to be communicated, in order to give them time to complete the required work.
  • They always have extended maintenance. Regardless, when it was the metaphoric patch they took an additional 4 hours, where they Nerf metaphoric tokens. And in responsive they gave us shasa potato and a handful of useless consumables. Totally not worth the additional 4 hour maintenance.

    EME/TERA is the only mmo where I've seen sloppy maintenance like this that is constantly extended and is not performed during 'dead times'
    Blade and soul and black desert do their maintenance when majority of the population is asleep.

    Their lack of care leads to constant extended maintenance, it happens all the time. Seriously look at their TERA twitter for each maintenance. They don't care how they inconvenience us.
  • ladyrainesladyraines ✭✭
    edited June 19
    Our Maintenance Team communicated that although things appeared to mostly be on track, they believed they were going to go over the estimated time frame, so a 1 hour extension needed to be communicated, in order to give them time to complete the required work.

    If things are mostly 'on track' they won't need an additional hour. Needing an additional hour, leading to one hour past the original estimated time isn't 'on track'. Being on track is ending at the original time, 11AM PDT.
  • BOBBYYYYBOBBYYYY ✭✭
    @CobaltDragon can you guys reply to any other threads regarding golden/silver/bluc nocs problems? we know you guys see them. its rude as hell to ignore tbh.
  • BOBBYYYY wrote: »
    @CobaltDragon can you guys reply to any other threads regarding golden/silver/bluc nocs problems? we know you guys see them. its rude as hell to ignore tbh.

    They're too busy making unnecessary extended server maintenance.
  • BOBBYYYY wrote: »
    @CobaltDragon can you guys reply to any other threads regarding golden/silver/bluc nocs problems? we know you guys see them. its rude as hell to ignore tbh.
    I constantly send that feedback / suggestions forward to the appropriate Team, or on to Bluehole.
    Do you want a comment within each Thread, just saying " This has been passed along, Thanks ! " ?
  • CassandraTRCassandraTR ✭✭✭✭✭
    I constantly send that feedback / suggestions forward to the appropriate Team, or on to Bluehole.
    Do you want a comment within each Thread, just saying " This has been passed along, Thanks ! " ?

    Everyone, please understand that Cobalt has certain strictures, and that he is both the outlet and the inlet for frustration.

    For every complaint we give him, he just passes it up the chain. It gets heard or it doesn't.

    Cut him some slack.
  • KillerPenguinsKillerPenguins ✭✭✭✭
    BOBBYYYY wrote: »
    @CobaltDragon can you guys reply to any other threads regarding golden/silver/bluc nocs problems? we know you guys see them. its rude as hell to ignore tbh.
    I constantly send that feedback / suggestions forward to the appropriate Team, or on to Bluehole.
    Do you want a comment within each Thread, just saying " This has been passed along, Thanks ! " ?

    I think ideally we would have some indication of whether or not anything will change. As it is now, the majority of my friends have no incentive to even log in - we get little to nothing from doing end-game dungeons, and now that most serious players are fairly well geared (read: +9 stormcry on mains and probably at least one alt), there's no point grinding the easiest level 65 content literally thousands more times. It doesn't have to be a talent shower or an event or whatever, even just permanently adding a few various cosmetic loot boxes to 4+ star dungeon loot tables would make them viable to farm again. As it is now, the harder content costs gold to run rather than earning it.. Why is there no reward for being skilled in tera anymore?
  • zenpiaxzenpiax ✭✭✭
    LOL that is all you guys at EME say "this has been passed along" empty words every time. What a massive joke!!! If you are trying to kill the game keep at it @CobaltDragon
    And to answer your question yes, you should respond. The community needs active feedback all the time. This issues are really important for the player base/ community the concerns brought up on the silver/ gold talents, velik helper buff and blue nocs are issues that make the game so unappealing to play and the lack of communication just makes it worst. So if you cant do that get someone that can do your job better, cause this is getting ridiculous.
  • CassandraTRCassandraTR ✭✭✭✭✭
    As it is now, the harder content costs gold to run rather than earning it.. Why is there no reward for being skilled in tera anymore?

    It's been that way since Timescape. We griped about FIHM. We griped about SSHM, (no one cared about RMHM because of all the you know) and we griped about VSHM.

    It's always cost more to run good content. We're still saying the same thing we said then.
  • It doesn't have to be a talent shower or an event or whatever, even just permanently adding a few various cosmetic loot boxes to 4+ star dungeon loot tables would make them viable to farm again. As it is now, the harder content costs gold to run rather than earning it.. Why is there no reward for being skilled in tera anymore?

    Give this person a cookie, genius idea on cosmetic loot boxes!
    *waits to hear EME writing this idea down*


  • ladyraines wrote: »
    They always have extended maintenance. Regardless, when it was the metaphoric patch they took an additional 4 hours, where they Nerf metaphoric tokens. And in responsive they gave us shasa potato and a handful of useless consumables. Totally not worth the additional 4 hour maintenance.

    EME/TERA is the only mmo where I've seen sloppy maintenance like this that is constantly extended and is not performed during 'dead times'
    Blade and soul and black desert do their maintenance when majority of the population is asleep.

    Their lack of care leads to constant extended maintenance, it happens all the time. Seriously look at their TERA twitter for each maintenance. They don't care how they inconvenience us.

    LMAO BNS, do you know how EU gets their maint at same time as NA? They cant play at middays, also bns has so many delayed maintenances(i think its worse than EME), i still remember that 8 hours maint from VT patch, but ofc you only come to trash talk. Every mmo has their delays, its something that is not in their control at all, so stop naming other mmos just to [filtered] around. Thanks
  • KillerPenguinsKillerPenguins ✭✭✭✭
    As it is now, the harder content costs gold to run rather than earning it.. Why is there no reward for being skilled in tera anymore?

    It's been that way since Timescape. We griped about FIHM. We griped about SSHM, (no one cared about RMHM because of all the you know) and we griped about VSHM.

    It's always cost more to run good content. We're still saying the same thing we said then.

    At least in the past, sell runs were generally viable options for earning gold, if a bit sketchy. Even in RKE they were okay for awhile, but loot is even worse now, and it's so easy to gear that there's little or no demand anymore. Right now if you don't want to be BM, and you use nocs/bravery for a run of rke, which takes about 20-25 minutes, you basically break even in terms of how much you spend on nocs+bravery vs what you earn from vanguard+drops over the course of a few runs. I guess you can run RRHM over and over with no consumables and turn a profit, but again, if i wanted to spam the easiest garbage content, farming IOD or ghillie on 20 alts is way way way better than rrhm.
  • Saetto wrote: »
    ladyraines wrote: »
    They always have extended maintenance. Regardless, when it was the metaphoric patch they took an additional 4 hours, where they Nerf metaphoric tokens. And in responsive they gave us shasa potato and a handful of useless consumables. Totally not worth the additional 4 hour maintenance.

    EME/TERA is the only mmo where I've seen sloppy maintenance like this that is constantly extended and is not performed during 'dead times'
    Blade and soul and black desert do their maintenance when majority of the population is asleep.

    Their lack of care leads to constant extended maintenance, it happens all the time. Seriously look at their TERA twitter for each maintenance. They don't care how they inconvenience us.

    LMAO BNS, do you know how EU gets their maint at same time as NA? They cant play at middays, also bns has so many delayed maintenances(i think its worse than EME), i still remember that 8 hours maint from VT patch, but ofc you only come to trash talk. Every mmo has their delays, its something that is not in their control at all, so stop naming other mmos just to [filtered] around. Thanks

    Umm okay EU gets the same time as NA because its based in NA and its during the time most NA players sleep. BNS does not have that long of a maintenance and isn't constantly extending them, they communicate thru their twitter as well. If TERA did maintenance during time that NA is mostly sleep people wouldn't mind an extended maintenance but they don't.

    You sound largely hostile and quick to anger. I'm making a fair comparison MMo to MMo. Calm down fanboy.
  • CassandraTRCassandraTR ✭✭✭✭✭
    At least in the past, sell runs were generally viable options for earning gold, if a bit sketchy. Even in RKE they were okay for awhile, but loot is even worse now, and it's so easy to gear that there's little or no demand anymore. Right now if you don't want to be BM, and you use nocs/bravery for a run of rke, which takes about 20-25 minutes, you basically break even in terms of how much you spend on nocs+bravery vs what you earn from vanguard+drops over the course of a few runs. I guess you can run RRHM over and over with no consumables and turn a profit, but again, if i wanted to spam the easiest garbage content, farming IOD or ghillie on 20 alts is way way way better than rrhm.

    I agree completely. We aren't disagreeing at all.
«134
Sign In or Register to comment.