[TERA PC & Console] En Masse is closing, but TERA lives on! We will continue to support TERA PC (NA) and TERA Console until services are transferred. Our Service Moving Info page is now live here: https://bit.ly/tera_service_moving

Today's Extended Maintenance

Comments

• WTS shandra quill's with rookie buff.

w0MG86b.png
  • Remove the damn Xigncode already, that's why you're having issues right now :angry:
  • YordanYordan ✭✭✭
    So another hour extension ?
  • 12pm pdt my [filtered]...,10 minutes late...
  • YordanYordan ✭✭✭
    Ya now theres no eta anymore, it can take 5 more hours.
  • i want 5 more hours maintenance ..... come on EME you can do it!
  • Now No ETA Zzzz
  • ZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
  • Naru2008Naru2008 ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2018
    T5N5JX9HRP wrote: »
    BOBBYYYY wrote: »
    @CobaltDragon can you guys reply to any other threads regarding golden/silver/bluc nocs problems? we know you guys see them. its rude as hell to ignore tbh.
    I constantly send that feedback / suggestions forward to the appropriate Team, or on to Bluehole.
    Do you want a comment within each Thread, just saying " This has been passed along, Thanks ! " ?

They aren't asking you to ask Bluehole about it. Do the stuff you can do right now. Hold events that give more of these items. Do some of the stuff that Gameforge has done themselves. You guys have fallen from grace super hard, I'm surprised you don't look at Gameforge more often for wisdom...

Except we don't have a free employee to sit there, study TERA's coding, and build completely unique content, which is what Gameforge does.

Please educate yourself before you fool yourself.
  • Servers are difficult (but they don't have to be). I'm sure that there are a lot of us here that work on them (or have) on a daily basis. Maintenance sucks... has to be done.

But... it is actually possible to do maintenance and still suffer almost no down time whatsoever. For those veterans out there the key is having a fault tolerant and high availability infrastructure. Secondly bringing a strong automation game to bear will help enormously (um... who's not automating their infrastructures, configurations, patches and deployments these days?). When changes occur, restarts are usually needed: enter -> rolling restarts on an HA/FO architecture. Not difficult TBH. The most difficult part is people, process and culture, not the technologies. Sure, additional expense is needed to achieve the right level of availability.... even a "3 nines" availability (a mere 99.9% uptime) equates to just under 44 minutes per month. Completely feasible, especially if you buy into and implement infrastructure and configuration as code.

So here's the deal: have the right infrastructure architecture with enough hardware (and good enough hardware to handle peak volumes with at least 30% system overhead remaining), a good fibre channled storage area network, a strong automation game and good processes that support rolling restarts (when needed) and automatic orchestration of all of this winds up equating to a cake walk. Yes, this takes investment. Yes, this takes time to achieve. Yes, this takes the right people to make it happen. It is NOT however difficult.
  • MazziveMazzive ✭✭
    edited June 2018
    EME wrote:
    Maintenance has been extended again. We will notify you with an update ASAP.
    We apologize for any inconvenience caused by the length of this unexpected Maintenance extension.

weeee
  • Lol...Hmmm
    I wasn't aware of the squishy nature in the time space continuum. 12:00PM PDT is ACTUALLY +/- 30 minutes.
    Wish I could convince my boss of flexibility for promise dates.
  • bring back treeshark,minea,harmonia and tonka please 8(
  • Mazzive wrote: »
    "Maintenance has been extended again. We will notify you with an update ASAP.
    We apologize for any inconvenience caused by the length of this unexpected Maintenance extension"

weeee

Like they care?....