[TERA Console] Maintenance to deploy the v86.01 update is scheduled for Monday, September 14 at 7 p.m. PT. Patch notes: http://bit.ly/terac_v86
[TERA PC & Console] En Masse is closing, but TERA lives on! We will continue to support TERA PC (NA) and TERA Console until services are transferred. Our Service Moving Info page is now live here: https://bit.ly/tera_service_moving

Please remove world bam loot.

Theres a script for world bam time and the exact location. Can you guys please remove the loot so the cheaters won't profit anything? this has been going on for month(S) but still no change. Each world bam gives like 10-20k. Can you imagine killing 20+ a day?? @SingleBear @CobaltDragon

Comments

• LynxzerLynxzer ✭✭✭
    AMFKKM74E7 wrote: »
    Theres a script for world bam time and the exact location. Can you guys please remove the loot so the cheaters won't profit anything? this has been going on for month(S) but still no change. Each world bam gives like 10-20k. Can you imagine killing 20+ a day?? @SingleBear @CobaltDragon

+10000 likes
  • Naru2008Naru2008 ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2018
    You know, I'm kinda on the fence. On one hand, it's like; Yeah you have a point, but on the other hand, I've beaten plenty of those 'script users' to the boss by logging in quick enough to the server once it came up. Not recently cause I've stopped playing as much due to work, etc. But it's not a big deal as long as you've got free time on your hands waiting for the server to come back up.
  • LynxzerLynxzer ✭✭✭
    edited June 2018
    Naru2008 wrote: »
    You know, I'm kinda on the fence. On one hand, it's like; Yeah you have a point, but on the other hand, I've beaten plenty of those 'script users' to the boss by logging in quick enough to the server once it came up. Not recently cause I've stopped playing as much due to work, etc. But it's not a big deal as long as you've got free time on your hands waiting for the server to come back up.

That's not the point... do you realize that world bosses spawn not only after server maint?. Bunch of cheaters making profit like crazy.
  • Naru2008Naru2008 ✭✭✭✭
    Lynxzer wrote: »
    Naru2008 wrote: »

That's not the point... do you realize that world bosses spawn not only after server maint?. Bunch of cheaters making profit like crazy.

Yes I do know this, because I record what time I slay them, and then go back and check every so often.

It's not that hard.
  • I don't use script, and I kill plenty of them during the week. I just save the location in my travel journal and check periodically. It's not that big of a deal if I (of all people) can get some.
  • CornishRexCornishRex ✭✭✭✭✭
    I know plenty of people that hunt wbams just fine with a pen and paper with written down times. Locations have been known to everyone for years now.

So far I've seen one hacker hunting them down and it was a guy literally oneshotting the wbams, didn't see him in a long time probably got bored or banned.
  • McOnosRepMcOnosRep ✭✭✭
    edited June 2018
    Its not that its not possible to get the occasional world bam - I managed one recently.

It is that cheaters get so many more than legit players, and this is not only unfair and leads to a lot of frustration and and negative feelings abotu TERA. Which to be frank is the last thing EME should want a the moment.

The could always remove World BAM loot and buff other stuff like vanguards (please please god do this).

P.s. Someone in guild has the "connections" to be in on this and made over 5 million off it (And that is pretty conservative when you consider the value of mats) . Other people have made more....

• RKCRKC ✭✭✭
    In all my years playing this game since 2008 Ive never come across these world bams at all. How do you people find these things.
  • I have never seen a cheater kill a WBAM tbh. And if you write down when they spawn, you should literally have zero issues finding one a day at least, especially now that Nyx spawns across 10 channels. I've literally just pulled a friend who said he would never hunt WBAMS into hunting and he gets several a day. And no, he doesn't cheat. You don't need a script to know a generalized spawn time. He updates his discord with locations and times.
  • McOnosRepMcOnosRep ✭✭✭
    edited June 2018
    RKC wrote: »
    In all my years playing this game since 2008 Ive never come across these world bams at all. How do you people find these things.

There were some old guides up about where they are and they spawn (usually) 3-6 hours after being killed. You can find the occasional one manually, but there are more err "efficient" ways of doing this....

• Naru2008Naru2008 ✭✭✭✭
    RKC wrote: »

Looking up their locations, and then bookmarking them in your Travel Journal (if you have Elite, or you happen to get one from an event or something as a temporary item) then camp that spot for a good while until it respawns (unless it's after a server reset, then you should spawn on top of it).
  • CornishRexCornishRex ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have never seen a cheater kill a WBAM tbh. And if you write down when they spawn, you should literally have zero issues finding one a day at least, especially now that Nyx spawns across 10 channels. I've literally just pulled a friend who said he would never hunt WBAMS into hunting and he gets several a day. And no, he doesn't cheat. You don't need a script to know a generalized spawn time. He updates his discord with locations and times.

Yes once you systematize things there's no need for a script or a cheat because it becomes pretty transparent. Takes a bit of patience which a lot of players (including me after a while) are too lazy for.
  • ZoknahalZoknahal ✭✭✭✭✭
    The word "Cheater" is highly misinterpreted here. The people who are constantly hunting the World Bosses are usually people who have memorized the spawn points and spawn times of the world bosses. This is no cheating, is taking advantage of the system, which happens in every single game with special monsters that spawn only every few hours or even days.

I would call them cheaters, if they were using as 3rd party tool that allows them to know the exact time when the world boss will spawn again, and on which spawn point too, and ofc, if the ppl are using bots for this, then you can call them cheaters.

I do not hunt this world bosses actively, but i dont like how the word cheater is being used here. Unless you have actual evidence of players using cheats to get the kill on this monsters first than the rest, then you cant call them cheaters.
  • i dont think removing loot from world bosses is the answer

finding and killing a world boss should feel good

i think more randomizing of the spawn/patrol and tuning up difficulty would be more appropriate
  • RKC wrote: »

Wow you've been playing tera for 4 years before it got released ?