We're having maintenance Tuesday, November 20 from 8 - 11 am PDT (three hours).

Crab event schedule ?

Is there a schedule for when they spawn on beaches ? people seem to know it ahead of the time.

Comments

• HAAYAAKD43HAAYAAKD43 ✭✭✭
    what crab event ?
  • RKCRKC ✭✭✭
    The crab event that destroyed CH server and we missed it by the time it was fixed and no one bats an eye about it, event.

Yes is their another one coming?
  • CatservantCatservant ✭✭✭✭
    There apparently was one tonight. I missed it and I was in game, so I am disproportionately salty right now. Pay that no attention. I'll get over it.

That said, SingleBear said there would absolutely NOT be one at 9 PDT--which is too late for me but if anyone else makes it, enjoy.
  • vkobevkobe ✭✭✭✭✭
    HAAYAAKD43 wrote: »
    what crab event ?

giant crab one shoot you, invincible and drop crap in serpentis isle
  • PartyblastPartyblast ✭✭✭
    I do like how events aren't having any official posting on the first two sources of information Tera players would look at when not online: Forums and EmE's Tera page.
  • vkobevkobe ✭✭✭✭✭
    Partyblast wrote: »
    I do like how events aren't having any official posting on the first two sources of information Tera players would look at when not online: Forums and EmE's Tera page.

dont worry you miss nothing, crab only drop junk and are invincible and one shoot you ;)
  • LagIncarnateLagIncarnate ✭✭✭
    It's always nice when events that drop decent quantities of consumables that players have been asking for on the forums are stealthily started, and announced nowhere on the official site or forums except for half-joke discord messages and vague twitter posts:
    Back to Crabs
    I need to get out of here to level my gunner and we have another Crab spawn definitely not happening in 2 hours
    I'll check in with y'all tonight at 9pm PDT when there will absolutely not be a crab spawn.
    [PC] Thank goodness the maintenance took place today! The festival on Thursday should go off without a crab in sight...Right?

I can understand if the forums and official website are a slight hassle to update, sure, okay, fine. But in that case why is the "most convenient" method to convey event notices via the 12th chat channel (terapc-general) in the Tera discord? Especially when that channel can get flooded, so it's unrealistic to notice messages from one person of dozens in one chat channel of 20+ in one discord of several.
    It shouldn't be that the most convenient method to convey information is also the least convenient method to receive that information.

Hell, why not use the "Tera-announcements" channel in the discord to convey or clarify official messages like event start times or say... The discontinuation of all future strongbox events, or literally anything outside of maintenance hours and twitter posts. At least that channel doesn't get flooded by regular users making it somewhat easier to check for official messages, if you're going to use discord to convey official messages instead of the website/forums.
  • HAAYAAKD43HAAYAAKD43 ✭✭✭
    edited June 20
    eme seem to take pleasure in not telling us certain things, then acting like it's somehow a mystery.

• RKCRKC ✭✭✭
    They act that we all have the same timezone and we can all be happy.
  • Some information can be found Here.
    THANK YOU!!!

And I love how you kept the flavor of the event even while giving me the information I need.

Thank you so very much! I will see everyone there at 5 pm PDT when there will be absolutely NO CRABS.
    Sorry for the second post, but I finally got to see Blood on the Beach!

1. I had a lot of fun
    2. The big crabs are nicely challenging, keep you alert.
    3. You def want at least a tank or two present (oof-da, the damage if he runs you over!)
    4. Raids/parties are fun, but not essential if you coordinate through chat--this is nice.
    5. Loot from the big guys is decent. Little ones not so much, but I think that is by design, yes?
    6. I believe the number of motes dropped by the little guys was decreased? This worked great. The current levels seemed to be great. Maybe even still a bit much when you attack in a large group.

I already thanked you for leaking a schedule, or it would be on the list, too.

Thank you @SingleBear
    Thank you @CobaltDragon
    Thank you whomever else was involved in this.

Now I go to eat my long delayed supper.