Serious xigncode question to eme

So, as the title says, serious question... what are some confirmed hacks, cheats or exploits xigncode has actually prevented for tera(in our region or any other that has had it), ps [filtered] cheat engine hacks don't count since blocking something from editing memory in a process isn't really impressive by any stretch

Just please, what is the point of an anti cheat that doesn't stop any cheats. I can't find any examples so if anyone has anything feel free to add it here.

As of now, having xigncode is only ruining the player base by scaring them off due to the potential security risk most see in xigncode. If it's not doing anything, remove it.

Comments

• metagamemetagame ✭✭✭✭
    i'm sure there's some reason why, but revealing something like what it's preventing would just give the developers a heads up to work on bypassing it again
  • voidyvoidy ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2018
    To be fair, any developer whose tools were blocked by xigncode would know it because he wouldn't be able to log into tera. For example, in Black Desert Online, which also uses xigncode, autohotkey is blocked. I had autohotkey open for an unrelated macro I was making and could not log into the game because of it. Got a big xigncode message and everything. So any dev bad enough to have their cheating ruined by xigncode would know exactly what xigncode was stopping.

From what I can see, they haven't stopped anything. Maybe this was done to put out the appearance of trying something, but nothing's really changed. Proxy users bypass xigncode just because they don't want it running on their pc, but they can use proxy with xigncode just fine. Gold botters are still standing around doing their thing. Cheatengine walks right by it. ini file changes remain changed, visual mods remain unaffected. Of course, no one from EME is going to come out and be like "it didn't fix [filtered] lol" but just look around and you'll see the answer for yourself.

Do note* when I say "they haven't stopped anything," I'm talking about malicious activities. For whatever reason, xigncode has stopped PLENTY of innocent users who use antivirus software or god knows what else. If only there'd been like, a 40 page thread warning about xigncode's uselessness beforehand, then maybe we wouldn't have to watch our friends leave every day over performance issues caused by this useless bloatware. :disappointed:
  • ZingoPingoZingoPingo ✭✭✭
    I agree with the OP, it would be nice to know what is actually being prevented/stopped by implementing this. So far it seems like nothing.
  • canikizucanikizu ✭✭✭
    edited June 2018
    Xigncode's most obvious function is to prevent keylogger. While it's pretty irrelevant in NA where most people play Tera on personal computer, a wide extension of keylog softwares, such as javascript web app, autohotkey should be also prevented to function because of Xigncode. This is most likely the number one reasons why Asian online games o(Tera, BDO, BNS, Dragon Nest, Dungeon FIghter Online, Aion, Crossfire, Maple Story, old PUBG, etc) use Xigncode. In other Asian countries, Internet cafe is a thing, and keylogger is more relevant there.

Xigncode also prevent multi-client. While this is a hassle for Tera players who are accustomed to log in multiple clients for crafting and whatnot, it most likely also prevent conventional Real Money Traders (those that don't know how to bypass xigncode) to use multiple clients to advertise and sell gold. For example, it's a pain for gold sellers to log in on multiple different servers to advertise their business (require multiple PC, or way to bypass xigncode). It also prevents people who cheats by using multiple clients (for example in Tera, you could multi-clients to sync queue skyring)

And of course Xigncode also prevents some cheat engines which hook directly to the game and modify the game. You can't use cheat engine to force disconnect people anymore for example.

• KillerPenguinsKillerPenguins ✭✭✭✭
    canikizu wrote: »
    Xigncode's most obvious function is to prevent keylogger. While it's pretty irrelevant in NA where most people play Tera on personal computer, a wide extension of keylog softwares, such as javascript web app, autohotkey should be also prevented to function because of Xigncode. This is most likely the number one reasons why Asian online games o(Tera, BDO, BNS, Dragon Nest, Dungeon FIghter Online, Aion, Crossfire, Maple Story, old PUBG, etc) use Xigncode. In other Asian countries, Internet cafe is a thing, and keylogger is more relevant there.

Xigncode also prevent multi-client. While this is a hassle for Tera players who are accustomed to log in multiple clients for crafting and whatnot, it most likely also prevent conventional Real Money Traders (those that don't know how to bypass xigncode) to use multiple clients to advertise and sell gold. For example, it's a pain for gold sellers to log in on multiple different servers to advertise their business (require multiple PC, or way to bypass xigncode). It also prevents people who cheats by using multiple clients (for example in Tera, you could multi-clients to sync queue skyring)

And of course Xigncode also prevents some cheat engines which hook directly to the game and modify the game. You can't use cheat engine to force disconnect people anymore for example.

tera's xigncode implementation doesn't stop any of these things