[PS4/XB1] We will be entering into maintenance on 3/30 (Mon) at 6:00 p.m. PT, and have an expected downtime of 3 hours. This maintenance will deploy the latest TERA Console update and re-open the dungeon Manglemire. For details, please visit the following link: http://bit.ly/teraconsolemaintenance

Please remove world bam loot.

Comments

• I don't hunt world bams. not for loot nor for achievements. I'm just adressing this issue. The thing is you can't know if people are hunting them legitly. some people that i know uses it and they just happen to "see" the same group(s) killing them.
  • TJukurenTJukuren ✭✭✭
    AMFKKM74E7 wrote: »
    why did we permantly ban people who use memeslash in hh? they were just making money :cry:

LOL, good lord how dumb can you get? You're comparing a "cheat" that apparently finds WBs for people, to a hack that almost destroyed the entire game from how broken it was. You need a reality check if you think memeslashers were banned because they were making money.
  • They were using it to make money. why else would they spam scem and hh? why are you so defensive about this. Its a problem so it should be fixed regardless of how "little" you may think it is
  • TJukurenTJukuren ✭✭✭
    They were using it to make money. why else would they spam scem and hh? why are you so defensive about this. Its a problem so it should be fixed regardless of how "little" you may think it is

I'm defensive because you're not understanding the big picture. There are a lot more concerning matters in this game than silly WB loot. This entire thread is pointless because they're never going to do anything about WB loot just cuz a few people have a problem with it. Memeslashers were a real problem. As pointed out by you, they made money, but they were also making things like PvP such as battlegrounds and CU literally unplayable. Now Xigncode, there's a REAL problem. Will they ever get rid of that? I doubt it, but hey, we can dream. Hopefully you get where I'm coming from.
  • voidyvoidy ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes let's just remove yet another thing people enjoy doing in this game.
  • McOnosRepMcOnosRep ✭✭✭
    DOOA wrote: »
    IMO keep the loot the same, limit accounts to one kill of each world boss per week. That would be enough to progress achievements and have fun, but limit the abuse.

That is a good idea, but sadly probably too much [programming effort.

Perhaps they could do it other the other way around - make world bam drops much less but add them to all world bams. Just a small amount for each, but enough to actually reward achievement hunters while making it not worth the while for people to use scripts to find specific bosses.

• nerfing the loot sounds alot better than removing i guess. just get rid of the gems/talents/etching box. that will probably make alot of them not farm them.
  • McOnosRepMcOnosRep ✭✭✭
    nerfing the loot sounds alot better than removing i guess. just get rid of the gems/talents/etching box. that will probably make alot of them not farm them.

This wouldn't actually be a nerf to achievement hunters as they would get far more loot than now. It woudl however, reduce the incentive for people to insta-farming World BAMs.
  • RenniBeeRenniBee ✭✭✭
    Uh... yeah people using this exploit is a problem but just removing WB loot or nerfing it doesn't solve it. EME isn't too great at combatting cheaters considering their history (memeslash, xign.code) so the answer is sadly not to ask EME to catch them, but I guess you could just report that group of people you consistently see suspiciously getting all the WBs. Whether or not action is taken is up in the air but not much you can really do about this to be honest.
    Sucks yeah. Mais c'est la vie :(
  • AMFKKM74E7 wrote: »
    CornishRex wrote: »
    and also i'm not saying they're one shotting them. there is just a script that tells them the exact location and time. they still have to kill it normally.

how do you know they're not just keeping track manually? "exact" location is not hard. Since there is a randomish spawn window exact time wouldn't work either with a script, they would have to camp in the area anyway.

because i have friend(s) that do it and they tell me all about it. they do it all the time. they also see the same people.

your friends are noob and stupid, and you expect us to believe you sympathize with them and go to the forums to spread the word? you dont even have to cheat to hunt WBs. its pretty easy and spawn intervals and locations are already known. please, tell your friends and yourself that you are stupid
  • @AMFKKM74E7
    "I don't hunt world bams. not for loot nor for achievements."

Not being rude, just want to ask a legit question. If you don't even hunt them, then how can you complain about it? Shouldn't you actually experience something first hand before you complain about it?

I don't cheat in game ever. I refuse to play with people who I know cheat. But I know the time frame of WBAM spawns and have their locations saved in a travel journal. If I'm on when they should spawn, I go searching. I've killed 2 Nyx and a Reaver this week. I'm not in CH or FF. I'm not saying there aren't cheaters. I'm saying it doesn't make them always impossible to kill. But they are WBAMs and they are supposed to be more rare.

And just to be clear, most of the stuff they drop isn't worth very much gold. You're lucky to get a couple emeralds, maybe 1 diamond (but this is super rare) or a superior etching box. I've seen a tier 4 etching design (worth 1.5k on broker) drop but that was literally one time. Besides that, it's literally enchanting mats. People would have to be way bored to grind them for "money." I make more money grinding my Ghilli and Guardians.
  • @ErzsebetBathory
    "Not being rude, just want to ask a legit question. If you don't even hunt them, then how can you complain about it? Shouldn't you actually experience something first hand before you complain about it?"

Don't you think its unfair to make gold using exploits instead of actually running dungeons or playing the broker? These people can kill these wbams so efficiently though. you make so much more farming this then doing gg and guardians.
  • @DLYADFN7CM
    "your friends are noob and stupid, and you expect us to believe you sympathize with them and go to the forums to spread the word? you dont even have to cheat to hunt WBs. its pretty easy and spawn intervals and locations are already known. please, tell your friends and yourself that you are stupid "

Theres other people in this thread that knows about this exploit. I'm sorry you're not in the loop or well connected. keep doing your RGs for gold.
  • yes, you can know some spawn time intervals with a pen and paper but can you imagine knowing around 30+ with a script.
  • > @AMFKKM74E7 said:
    > @ErzsebetBathory
    > "Not being rude, just want to ask a legit question. If you don't even hunt them, then how can you complain about it? Shouldn't you actually experience something first hand before you complain about it?"
    >
    > Don't you think its unfair to make gold using exploits instead of actually running dungeons or playing the broker? These people can kill these wbams so efficiently though. you make so much more farming this then doing gg and guardians.

Did you read the second half of my post about money? Honestly you'd be super lucky to make 2-5k on one 1 WBAM. That is not even worth farming. If people are cheating, I'm assuming it's for the essences and ash that they drop. Most of the drops from these bams are not tradable. Like I said, I would personally never farm them for money. I make way more in Ghilli and Guardian. But I believe you. Some people are stupid and desperate. Easier to cheat for 2-5k (10k if you get super rare diamond drop) as opposed to spend 30 minutes on guardian and make 15k-30k, or more.