[TERA PC & Console] En Masse is closing, but TERA lives on! We will continue to support TERA PC (NA) and TERA Console until services are transferred. Our Service Moving Info page is now live here: https://bit.ly/tera_service_moving

The difficulty level of AAHM and Velik's buff

AAHM is pretty difficult how it is now but with velik's buff i think it would make it too easy. It requires the highest item level in the game so i would expect it to be the hardest dungeon in the game. I honestly think the only thing that needs to be done is to fix the cage bug.If you think you need velik's buff to clear this dungeon than you're not playing at the end game level sorry. People usually stop playing when content gets too easy anyways right? Also it makes you want to fully gear your character to maximize dps. Keeping the game somewhat active?

Comments

• metagamemetagame ✭✭✭✭
    hell yea dude

this guy knows whats up
  • you know you can always main pvp
  • CornishRexCornishRex ✭✭✭✭✭
    AMFKKM74E7 wrote: »
    you know you can always main pvp

How does this relate to anything that was said
  • XristosxXristosx ✭✭✭
    edited June 2018
    AAHM is pretty difficult how it is now but with velik's buff i think it would make it too easy. It requires the highest item level in the game so i would expect it to be the hardest dungeon in the game.

Normally i would be against making things "Easier", because why should you make it easier than what the developers designed the game to be...Except one problem, we have a much harder and unbalanced version of the same content. BHS made that dungeon, designed the bosses, made attacks that they expected people to quickly react to and iframe within a split second so expecting 10-20ms ping, set up the bosses hp endurance and time limit's based off the expected gear level of someone entering that dungeon with almost full +9 sc and by that time that person would also have a decent amount of talent levels. Guess what, were missing the talents system, the talents that would of provided at the bare minimum the veliks helper's (23 power 23 endurance i think?) and on top of that a lot of the extra skill powers and effects that talents bring.
    This was peoples's concern over the talent system never being brought over to other regions two and a half years ago and people were reassured that the game wasn't being balanced around it and that it was just something extra. But as time has gone on the gap has been constantly increasing with bosses endurance being increased and the general clear time of a dungeon made even longer, time constraints on bosses have been made much tighter all because of the [filtered] talent system we don't have.
    How would you feel if ktera also only had access to glyphs and we only had access to the vanilla skill effects? Or how about if ktera only got awakening/apex and other regions didnt? The game would be extremely difficult to the point where it would be almost impossible.

For anyone else reading this the talent system isnt the gold and silver talents we have in NA(I feel like that name was a [filtered] jab toward us not having it, not really but still), Its a sytem in ktera where people earn extra points over time from their vanguards and stuff and they have access to passive effects they can level that add to their skills or just some passives in general. Which also reminds me of another thing with bosses having way higher crit resist than they used to because in ktera priests and mystics get a talent passive they can spec into that also reduces the bosses crit resist, which also makes critting easier for dps, thus they have to make harsher dps checks by raising the crit resist of bosses. Except.... we also dont have that.. so you know. really [filtered] situation. We were told that the system was not going to be brought to other regions because the system was buggy, except ktera kept adding new talents and even including talents for the new classes that hadnt even been around when system was initially created.

One last thing if they wanted to keep people playing and grinding they would of gave us the talent system back then because it was something to grind towards even after you finished gearing for that patch. But at this point i dont want the talent system because that's 2 years i've wasted not grinding towards it. The only real acceptable solution at this point is to actually balance our game based on what we have available which i highly doubt EME would do because they dont play the game nor understand it, which is why im baffled they wanted to preserve difficulty or some [filtered] by not including the buff the first few weeks? They probably just wanted to [filtered] off people so people wouldnt log in for a few weeks so their server's wouldn't be hounded by a new patch because it barely runs when under stress.

Also good luck with dreadspire that ktera had so much trouble with even with their talents.

TLDR Difficulty in a game is fine to have, but NOT when its unintended difficulty

Also i know your post was probably a bait troll post because no one can be that simple minded but i guess i took the bait because no one is that silly.
  • MewtubeMewtube ✭✭
    edited June 2018
    It's fine to have challenges, but AAHM is tied to gear progression designed by BHS with certain difficulty in mind. The Velik buff is to match similar difficulty as in kTera for lack of talent system. Those who seek challenges can always try to beat the leaderboard with rewards, but not inhibit other less skilled or ping friendly players than you to get clears for gears. It's also very unfair to non-Apex classes since a zerk can do so much more DPS than non-Apex classes by a large margin. That puts the team a lot of pressure under the harsh DPS check with certain team comp in absence of the Velik buff and the glitch exploit. Current AAHM without Velik buff really makes people discrimate against certain weaker classes. Not everyone wants to reroll to FOTM classes you know.
  • hellnohellno ✭✭✭
    edited June 2018
    The 23 power and 23 Endurance is part of the talent system so even if we get that our DPS is still far behind Ktera. Its honestly so damn stupid that EME would not even add that little bit to help NA have a better playing field. Classes in Ktera have 25-40% more DPS than NA, and content is 100% balanced around that, other regions know it, so why the [filtered] is EME is damn dumb. Its baffling how poorly EME is run. A new patch came out and I have not seen the game so dead in a long time. LFG and the amount of runs going on makes it seem like its at the end of a patch cycle already and that is on MT.

• ". LFG and the amount of runs going on makes it seem like its at the end of a patch cycle already and that is on MT."

Just because you don't see any lfgs doesn't mean runs aren't happening. People avoid using lfg primarily to avoid friends/guildies because you can't deny a "friend" no matter how trap they are.
  • YordanYordan ✭✭✭
    AAHM is pretty difficult how it is now but with velik's buff i think it would make it too easy. It requires the highest item level in the game so i would expect it to be the hardest dungeon in the game. I honestly think the only thing that needs to be done is to fix the cage bug.If you think you need velik's buff to clear this dungeon than you're not playing at the end game level sorry. People usually stop playing when content gets too easy anyways right? Also it makes you want to fully gear your character to maximize dps. Keeping the game somewhat active?

I'd like to see how you clear it with average ping that most people have, so it would prolly be around 90~ and average rig most people have, without cage glitch in pt without proxy using zerks and warriors.

You'd never clear it boi.
  • CornishRexCornishRex ✭✭✭✭✭
    ". LFG and the amount of runs going on makes it seem like its at the end of a patch cycle already and that is on MT."

Just because you don't see any lfgs doesn't mean runs aren't happening. People avoid using lfg primarily to avoid friends/guildies because you can't deny a "friend" no matter how trap they are.

Well I'll chime in and say this. I'm a member of various guild and lfg discords on my server and I have noticed that after xigncode patch hit there's been a lot less pings and runs going.
    People wouldn't suddenly stop using lfg to avoid traps, it's simply less people online which is especially weird because new patch just hit.
  • "Well I'll chime in and say this. I'm a member of various guild and lfg discords on my server and I have noticed that after xigncode patch hit there's been a lot less pings and runs going.
    People wouldn't suddenly stop using lfg to avoid traps, it's simply less people online which is especially weird because new patch just hit. "

people always use this method to run end game dungeons? what other dungeon can you compare aahm to? rrhm? what a joke of a dungeon. any monkey can run rrhm. aahm has been out for a while now. People are done trapping and focused on getting clears/titles/new material to enchant.
  • "I'd like to see how you clear it with average ping that most people have, so it would prolly be around 90~ and average rig most people have, without cage glitch in pt without proxy using zerks and warriors.

You'd never clear it boi. "

It's because you're not playing your class at its full potential. clearing without glitch is easy same with clearing with it. you just need competent people in your party.
  • YordanYordan ✭✭✭
    "I'd like to see how you clear it with average ping that most people have, so it would prolly be around 90~ and average rig most people have, without cage glitch in pt without proxy using zerks and warriors.

It's because you're not playing your class at its full potential. clearing without glitch is easy same with clearing with it. you just need competent people in your party.

Keep telling yourself that, also I kinda doubt you ever cleared it like that seeing how even quote function on forum is a challenge for you.
  • i think you're just bad at the game. don't worry we all had to start some where right?
  • hellnohellno ✭✭✭
    ". LFG and the amount of runs going on makes it seem like its at the end of a patch cycle already and that is on MT."

have you seen moongourd.... pretty much all end game players use it and you can clearly see the amount of runs happening. It is pretty low for a new patch
    "I'd like to see how you clear it with average ping that most people have, so it would prolly be around 90~ and average rig most people have, without cage glitch in pt without proxy using zerks and warriors.

Not everyone is going to be able to play the class at its full potential. There is to much involved. Ping alone is huge and that isnt something you can do anything about. Also class discrepancy is huge. Clearing with 3 zerkers/warriors is super easy to make the time limit. Without them or (archers and sorc bc of the current cage bug (no one plays reaper anymore, only 14 have cleared in all of NA, 6 of them are with glitch)) it is pretty rough clearing in the time limit

You are pretty much saying if you dont have good ping and good class comp GG. It doesnt make any sense. Sure it was a struggle to get a clear and learn the dungeon, but it honestly should not be that restricting where if 1-2 of my party members ever die under 50% its a complete wipe. Lag happens and [filtered] mechanic queue happens.