How Has Your Friday Been Treating You?

I got one question...how has your Friday been treating you? Cos for me, it's been treating me like a piece of ****.

So, when I got in to work this morning (I work as a food attendant at a 3-star hotel in my hometown), I was informed that we had no water (the hotel uses city water for all of its water needs). Why, you ask? Because last night, my city was working on a water main near my hotel. This maintenance was supposed to start at 11pm and be all wrapped up by 4am. Suffice to say, they started late and they did not finish when I got to the hotel. So that means, with no water to any of the hotel, we have no water for showers, no water for oatmeal, and perhaps most upsetting, no water for coffee. It also meant no dishwashing.

And unfortunately, in addition to this, the Front Desk was receiving call after call from angry guests asking us "When are we getting our damn water back"?

It took someone 2 hours to run down to a nearby hotel and get some coffee and run it back to us. Guests were complaining to us, to the front desk, and to management, despite the fact we could do nothing but wait for the city to fix the water main...which it didn't until after my shift.

Cos at first the water was supposed to be back on at 7am, then it got pushed back to noon. By the time they finally got the water back on, my coworkers and I were miles away from the hotel.

And even after my nightmare at the hotel, it wasn't over. Cos it was payday. And for me it was 3 paydays...my paycheck from 2 weeks ago that I hadn't picked up due to being out-of-state, my paycheck from this week, and my tax refund. The last one was what caused me trouble. Because the government said our calculations were incorrect and that we were actually due a larger refund than what we actually were owed. Problem is, we checked the calculations, and their calculations are incorrect.

Now, ordinarily, I'd just take the extra money and put it in the bank...but if we get audited, we might be held liable for the extra refund. So now the government says we are owed more money, we think we are owed less money...right now, my bank is going to bat for me and is wrestling with the government as we speak.

So, after massive headaches from having no water, massive headaches from customer complaints, and massive headaches from my bank wrestling with the government, I needed something to go right this morning, so I promptly went to my local Getgo and prayed that they would get my order right...which they fortunately did.

And now, even after I took my dog for a long walk, not 5 minutes after I walked her...she decided to take a dump on my carpet.

So...how has your Friday treated you?

Comments

• vkobevkobe ✭✭✭✭✭
    treat me than i can rest for at least 48 hours before to back to work B)
  • SageWinduSageWindu High Seat of the Jedi Council ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2018
    At time of writing, I'm at my college graduation waiting for it to end so I can stop feeling like I'm being put in the Rings of Saturn.

Other than that. Pretty good, thanks.
  • edited June 2018
    @SageWindu
    Grats! I graduate next May!

To answer the original post: doing much better than you it seems. I'm sorry you've had such an awful day and it genuinely made me brighten up a bit and realize that my day could have been much worse! Hope your day improves, honestly.
  • tisnotmetisnotme ✭✭✭✭
    its already my saturday morn 740am so its better than yesterday but only starting