Community Team interaction in the Forums

Comments

• SametbhSametbh ✭✭✭
    Discord has some pretty cute emojis
  • allofspaceandtimeallofspaceandtime ✭✭✭✭✭
    just because they have more followers on discord, twitter, facebook , and what ever else, doesn't mean they should get better treatment than us in forums. this here is the official forums, the official web site. as far as us older players being grouchy or whatever, its because we have stuck with tera through thick and thin and we feel like we have a right to voice our opinions.
    bottom line is, we shouldn't have to look anywhere but here to find out whats really going on...the official eme website. wow has more players than tera, so I guess we should go to their forums to see whats going on with tera? no. so we shouldn't have to go looking on other web sites for info for tera either. this is why we have an official site and forums.
  • wow has more players than tera, so I guess we should go to their forums to see whats going on with tera? no. so we shouldn't have to go looking on other web sites for info for tera either. this is why we have an official site and forums.
    You're being disingenuous on purpose. EME has an official Discord server (through a partnership with them), and official pages/accounts on all these other places too, of course. They aren't random unrelated places on the web.

Anyway, however you or I feel about it, they'll hang out and communicate stuff wherever they want. I've tried to ask them to give everyone a single place where all the latest info can always be found (and everyone can access no matter what medium they prefer), and I think that's the most important thing.
  • YamazukiYamazuki ✭✭✭✭✭
    ElinUsagi wrote: »
    Looking at the amount of people on Discord and Twiiter its obvious why forums are the last option for EME to comunicate.

it shouldn't matter how many are on discord, twitter, fakebook or whatever else is out there. this is the official tera forums from eme's website, and we should get the information first before all these other places. it would be like telling everyone in new York city that a meteor was going to hit a small town in Arizona before telling the people in az and evacuating them first just because nyc has more people living there.

The official Discord, Twitter, etc are linked on the official site, just as the forums are. Unfortunately, forums are one of those "old" things that will eventually be gone, or see limited use. EME wouldn't be the only publisher to not prioritize an official forums. Others use Reddit, or got rid of their forums and use a style that mimics Reddit.
    according to you both then, they should just do away with the forums here and the enmasse web site all together and make discord , twitter , redit and all the others the official places to go to then. maybe they can open a shop there as well
  • edited June 2018
    according to you both then, they should just do away with the forums here and the enmasse web site all together and make discord , twitter , redit and all the others the official places to go to then. maybe they can open a shop there as well

As much as you're still being disingenuous, plenty of games are launched all the time now without a website or a forum, relying only on the scaffolding by services like Steam, services like Discord, in-game notifications, and social media. EME doesn't need to have the shop on their website either, since it's in-game. (In most of their other games, there is no web version and it's only in-game. And on TERA Console, I suspect most players don't even know where the website is, because they have no reason to go there.)

Honestly, if they were not going to commit to actually having a regular presence here on their forum and moderating it properly, I'd say they should consider shutting it down. I'm not sure we're quite there yet, but we're long past the old days when EME was paying a full-time forum moderator.

As much as you're still being disingenuous, plenty of games are launched all the time now without a website or a forum, relying only on the scaffolding by services like Steam, services like Discord, in-game notifications, and social media. EME doesn't need to have the shop on their website either, since it's in-game. (In most of their other games, there is no web version and it's only in-game. And on TERA Console, I suspect most players don't even know where the website is, because they have no reason to go there.)

Honestly, if they were not going to commit to actually having a regular presence here on their forum and moderating it properly, I'd say they should consider shutting it down. I'm not sure we're quite there yet, but we're long past the old days when EME was paying a full-time forum moderator.

I understand what you 2 are trying to say, but enmasse started off with an official web site and forums while the others you mentioned didn't. I wouldn't be here complaining if they didn't start off by having this place and started doing the other places. I also agree that if they aren't going to maintain this place here, then they should shut it down. I for one don't go to the other places they use, so I wouldn't get any info about tera, but its whatever. their game their rules.
  • according to you both then, they should just do away with the forums here and the enmasse web site all together and make discord , twitter , redit and all the others the official places to go to then. maybe they can open a shop there as well

I understand what you 2 are trying to say, but enmasse started off with an official web site and forums while the others you mentioned didn't. I wouldn't be here complaining if they didn't start off by having this place and started doing the other places. I also agree that if they aren't going to maintain this place here, then they should shut it down. I for one don't go to the other places they use, so I wouldn't get any info about tera, but its whatever. their game their rules.

Don't get me wrong; I'm not trying to excuse them. I've complained about the slow decline of the forum too. But at the same time, I just know that it's partly a sign of the times... which sucks to those of us who like forums and the other "old school" means of communication.
  • use tickets... forum is abandoned by the staff
  • ChristinChristin ✭✭✭✭
    It's really silly for them to ignore the forums seeing as that is what potential players will see when they research the game in Google. Google doesn't pull up any of the discord junk nor does it pull up Twitter tweets. Yep. it pulls up the threads in the forum. Plus, the people sitting on Twitter or Discord are always the same ones. It's not like the audience changes much.

Just like they've totally ignored the Steam forums for so long. Ironically, that is the first place most players will look. That is the first place I looked after finding the game on Steam. No doubt, the higher ups are already regretting their hiring choices. I predict a big shake-up coming soon.

Personally, I still don't get why people waste their time on Twitter. It's nothing but spam and bs. Discord is almost the same.
  • Hi everyone!

The feedback is greatly appreciated. I'm doing my best to make sure to visit and post in the forums as much as I can!

The Forums, Discord and Twitter are very important to us. You'll be seeing a lot more of me - and I look forward to working with you all :)
  • MelyodisMelyodis ✭✭✭
    wow has more players than tera, so I guess we should go to their forums to see whats going on with tera? no. so we shouldn't have to go looking on other web sites for info for tera either. this is why we have an official site and forums.
    You're being disingenuous on purpose. EME has an official Discord server (through a partnership with them), and official pages/accounts on all these other places too, of course. They aren't random unrelated places on the web.

Anyway, however you or I feel about it, they'll hang out and communicate stuff wherever they want. I've tried to ask them to give everyone a single place where all the latest info can always be found (and everyone can access no matter what medium they prefer), and I think that's the most important thing.

i think they are using discord more because players would have discord open while playing tera than being on the forums and playing tera its a smart move players are on discord more than the forums.
  • KXRC9JMW74KXRC9JMW74 ✭✭✭
    And why would players "all" be on discord? It's for people who spend time talking and not playing. Like EME employees
  • To tell you the truth I don't use social media all that much.
    I had no idea what reddit was until a couple months ago and don't know how to use it anyways.
    I have twitter but haven't used it in 5 years or so.
    Discord I use so that I can talk with friends only, I am very shy and have anxiety issues so I don't join big servers at all.
    I come here to the forums and read/lurk to find info on things. Sometimes even write something to feel proud that i'm interacting with others.
    i don't care if tera has an official twitter, discord, or whatever else is out there, this is the official website and I feel like eme should post here first before posting in other sites. and yes I do understand that those others have more people there, and also other games don't have forums or stopped using forums on their sites, but as I said in a different post, eme had this website first and still does, and they should be loyal to their own official website first. if eme doesn't want to mess with forums on their official website anymore, then they need to close it down and stay at the other social media sites. that's been the problem with this game for the longest time. they have things and then remove it due to streamlining or what ever else bs excuse they try to give. and they wonder why they keep losing players.