[PS4/XB1] Maintenance is now complete.
[PC] Maintenance is now complete. Log in and have fun!

XIGNCODE DISCUSSION!

Comments

• ChristinChristin ✭✭✭
    Just accept it already! EME doesn't care about your computers, they don't care about the safety or your data, and they have no interest in protecting you from viruses or whatever. All EME cares about is EME. They are NEVER going to get rid of XINGCODE! It is here to stay. You either install it and do whatever with it or you leave the game. EME will pretend to care by making you submit ticket after ticket to "educate" them on whatever problems you're having, but honestly, if your SSD is trashed or you get BSOD's, don't expect EME to send you a check.

If you're so attached to the game that you'll risk your computer system, SSD and whatever, you get what you get. You knew this Xingcode was intrusive and plenty of horror stories were shared before you installed it. You were given plenty of warnings. I get that people have invested a lot of money into the game, however, how does that compare to the money you're invested in your system or the data on that system? If you've invested so much cash into the game, that you're willing to risk everything, I hope the gamble pays off. If not, here's a big "We told you so!"

Just another reminder why it's never smart to invest loads of cash in a foreign game. If you must invest in games, pick the ones governed by the US or Europe. At least if something does go wrong, you know that you'll have some type of recourse. I know it's tough to walk away, but sometimes, you just have to be strong enough to say, "Enough is enough!"
  • ZoknahalZoknahal ✭✭✭✭✭
    33 pages of this and still no satisfactory answer from EME other than vague comments. XIGNCODE is here to stay indeed, if EME is this oblivious to the players having lots of issues with this, and since the time they completely ignored a more than 40 pages thread that was against XIGNCODE.

But i have to give applause to @MistyTera , for in this sea of hate and nonsense, he/she stands alone trying his/her best to come to a solution for everyone in the community, even if his/her words fall on the deaf ears of EME, at least, this person is trying to deal with the problem, instead of joining the "Anti XIGNCODE I quit TERA" bandwagon.

Forums have been pretty silent too ever since EME decided to ditch the forums, for the official EME discord. Now all news are shared there before than the official Forums, and finding something in there is like trying to find a needle in a haystack. Instead, they send @counterpoint to work as the scapegoat, so they do not have to deal with the massive response of the playerbase.

Props to @MistyTera
    Sorry for poor @counterpoint for being used this way.

@SingleBear @seandynamite @CobaltDragon @Denommenator @KitTeaCup The community spoke. Are you listening? If you arent, then you best start now before it gets much worse than what already is.
  • MeningitisMeningitis ✭✭✭✭
    I'm about to get a new computer and I'm worried xigncode trash my ssd. All my previous pcs only had hdds so I have no idea what to expect since I'm getting an ssd for the first time. :S After seeing several people say it trashed their ssds it's a bit worrisome to install tera on an expensive new laptop.
  • voidyvoidy ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2018
    Meningitis wrote: »
    I'm about to get a new computer and I'm worried xigncode trash my ssd. All my previous pcs only had hdds so I have no idea what to expect since I'm getting an ssd for the first time. :S After seeing several people say it trashed their ssds it's a bit worrisome to install tera on an expensive new laptop.

I kinda thought the SSD claims were overblown at first, until I found actual cases of it happening to people on reddit, and then of course you had the case where it happened to someone here (who was told, hilariously, to submit his issue to wellbia as if wellbia gives a [filtered]). I played BDO for years. BDO uses xigncode. I have an ssd. My ssd is fine. Other people's, not so much apparently. It's scary that it just comes down to luck, but like the other guy said it's a risk you either choose to partake in or not. That being said, if you're feeling particularly bold, you can always google 3 words and find some helpful ways of preserving your hardware.
  • I already have BDO on my computer with xigncode an used to have BnS who ha the worst anti-cheat from ncsoft.

It is sad we got to deal with a bad anticheat, but I guess it isn't as bad as ncsoft's anticheat.
  • I've stopped logging in, I'm well aware EME doesn't give a crap and is completely content with having a bad reputation. AS for the person above that said we had plenty of warning about Xigncode being installed, The warning of it only came a few hours before the patch was launched. Many of us don't follow the other versions of Tera. I've never played another game with it, because I'm pretty selective, and don't have a lot of time for games. Honestly since my SSD died, and I stopped playing I've had a much more productive life. I repaired an old Sega Saturn that I had laying around that stopped reading discs and now I'm enjoying some retro gaming. Finally got around to picking up a music theory book and playing guitar again. Started drawing again and remembering I had a life outside Tera.

My interest in EME and their games has been decreasing over time with each bit of content cut from the game, with each locked class, with each recycled dungeon over and over again. This game is no where near as fun as it used to be, and it's nothing more than a maintenance mode. korean RNG cash grab now. It's everything they swore up and down that it'd never be. It's a very hollow shell of the game that got me to stop playing W.o.W 6 years ago. It's begun to feel like an abusive one sided relationship, and I've grown tired of it. TBH I haven't missed playing it as much as I thought I would, and the summers only just begun. I've got a stack of console games I've never even opened, so I'll get my gaming fix from them and enjoy my rejuvenated enjoyment of the arts. I doubt it, but if EME ever smartens up then I might check it out again, but honestly I'm ready to move on. I've invested a couple grand in to this game over the past 6 years, they've gotten my money and thus don't give a crap. I come to the forums from time to time just to see what they've been doing to the game, but I'm still highly reluctant to log in to the game on principal.

Xigncode is remarkably easy to bypass altogether and play anyway, but I don't want to jump through hoops to enjoy a game. I've already lost one SSD to it and I refuse even the slightest chance to do it a second time. Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice shame on me.
  • MelyodisMelyodis ✭✭✭
    @KitTeaCup PLZ its time to close this thread we will submit tickets if we have problems.
  • I just cancelled my 3+ year elite subscription and refuse to log in any more (or spend any more) until they remove XIGN.
  • ChristinChristin ✭✭✭
    Melyodis wrote: »
    @KitTeaCup PLZ its time to close this thread we will submit tickets if we have problems.

Who are you to dictate when threads will be closed?
  • CornishRexCornishRex ✭✭✭✭✭
    > @Christin said:
    > Melyodis wrote: »
    >
    > @KitTeaCup PLZ its time to close this thread we will submit tickets if we have problems.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Who are you to dictate when threads will be closed?

It physically hurts them when people criticise eme, that would be the only explanation.
  • Jeez......i was about to come back to play tera and get myself an elite subscription but when i heard about XIGNCODE crap......i won't ever thing ever of coming back to this trash game goodbye forever and may EME burn.
  • kubitoidkubitoid ✭✭✭✭✭
    Christin wrote: »
    Melyodis wrote: »

Who are you to dictate when threads will be closed?
    i agree 439% but mistypaladin flooded topic with their crazy herecy so most likely itll be closed. sooner than later
  • StitchedSoulStitchedSoul ✭✭✭✭
    > @kubitoid said:
    > Christin wrote: »
    >
    > Melyodis wrote: »
    >
    > @KitTeaCup PLZ its time to close this thread we will submit tickets if we have problems.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Who are you to dictate when threads will be closed?
    >
    >
    >
    > i agree 439% but mistypaladin flooded topic with their crazy herecy so most likely itll be closed. sooner than later

Agree too. Thread stopped being constructive.
This discussion has been closed.