Make it so Warriors can Queue as tank.

I made my warrior to tank, yet I wasn't able to queue as a tank nor will I in the future until you fix this issue . I am just a DD waiting for the revamp patch and for you to add this feature. I mean come on. It's literally three selectable buttons , tank, dps, healer. .......being in defensive stance changes nothing.
«1

Comments

  • BaratosBaratos ✭✭
    Wont happen for a while and i wouldn't tank on a warrior until revamp any good dps will rip the aggro off
  • PrishanatorPrishanator ✭✭
    edited June 26
    Na you can tank fine with war, people just don´t know how to do it right, not even high dps needed for that.

    Tanked every boss often enough by now, except some 417 bosses.
  • This issue was reported, so hopefully it will not be too much longer before a Warrior or Berserker receives the ability to select Tank when using Instance Matching.
  • elixir66elixir66 ✭✭
    oh god please no berserkers queing as tank
  • Hope there would be some kind of tank test like wow, otherwise it will be a huge noobs tank chaos
  • LazmoniaLazmonia ✭✭
    N othanks go play pc
  • TeppyTeppy ✭✭
    Lol Berserkers make great tanks xD Plus you get their dps on op :)
  • elixir66elixir66 ✭✭
    berserker tank is a terrible idea period unless they have a taunt and some skills that specifically have increased threat generation I don't know about... and warrior tanks well they can be decent on the rare occasion you find one who knows how to tank but the vast majority turn the fight into a cluster f**k and you can bet that people will que as tank for the shorter wait without actually knowing how to tank on a warrior
  • CPCLK5D3FECPCLK5D3FE United Kingdom ✭✭
    > @Baratos said:
    > Wont happen for a while and i wouldn't tank on a warrior until revamp any good dps will rip the aggro off

    Wrong mate, a skilled warrior is a very good tank, NO other tank has a warriors mobility, not even close.
  • CPCLK5D3FECPCLK5D3FE United Kingdom ✭✭
    > @elixir66 said:
    > berserker tank is a terrible idea period unless they have a taunt and some skills that specifically have increased threat generation I don't know about... and warrior tanks well they can be decent on the rare occasion you find one who knows how to tank but the vast majority turn the fight into a cluster f**k and you can bet that people will que as tank for the shorter wait without actually knowing how to tank on a warrior

    That maybe so, but if you know your class well a warrior is as viable a tank as any class, if you adapt your game play to utilize a warriors mobility and high dps you have 0 issue. I have a ilvl 423 Lance gathering dust now I've played warrior I won't go back to the slow single iframe classes.
  • elixir66elixir66 ✭✭
    CPCLK5D3FE wrote: »
    > @elixir66 said:
    > berserker tank is a terrible idea period unless they have a taunt and some skills that specifically have increased threat generation I don't know about... and warrior tanks well they can be decent on the rare occasion you find one who knows how to tank but the vast majority turn the fight into a cluster f**k and you can bet that people will que as tank for the shorter wait without actually knowing how to tank on a warrior

    That maybe so, but if you know your class well a warrior is as viable a tank as any class, if you adapt your game play to utilize a warriors mobility and high dps you have 0 issue. I have a ilvl 423 Lance gathering dust now I've played warrior I won't go back to the slow single iframe classes.

    high mobility on the tank can actually lower the overall dps of the group significantly if not done correctly since if the boss is constantly moving because the tank is then the majority of DPS classes can't combo out their back crits because the boss moves out of the way or turns around before the rotation is over
  • CPCLK5D3FECPCLK5D3FE United Kingdom ✭✭
    > @elixir66 said:
    > CPCLK5D3FE wrote: »
    >
    > > @elixir66 said:
    > > berserker tank is a terrible idea period unless they have a taunt and some skills that specifically have increased threat generation I don't know about... and warrior tanks well they can be decent on the rare occasion you find one who knows how to tank but the vast majority turn the fight into a cluster f**k and you can bet that people will que as tank for the shorter wait without actually knowing how to tank on a warrior
    >
    > That maybe so, but if you know your class well a warrior is as viable a tank as any class, if you adapt your game play to utilize a warriors mobility and high dps you have 0 issue. I have a ilvl 423 Lance gathering dust now I've played warrior I won't go back to the slow single iframe classes.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > high mobility on the tank can actually lower the overall dps of the group significantly if not done correctly since if the boss is constantly moving because the tank is then the majority of DPS classes can't combo out their back crits because the boss moves out of the way or turns around before the rotation is over

    I really wasnt talking about jumping about and turning the boss al the time haha
  • CPCLK5D3FECPCLK5D3FE United Kingdom ✭✭
    > @M6KPMHHLR3 said:
    > I hope to god all my classes are leveled and geared before that change, the number of wars that tried to tank last night just...no...at least do it after ninja. 3 days so i can hit 65 please.

    I find that odd as when I was levelling and there was no tank in the group , I would pop defense stance and an aggro crystal and absolutely smash it. I really think its down to skill. Even now at 418 ilvl if a lancer is crap in Kaprima and will get us killed I will pop defense even without a crystal, steal aggro off him and hold it till we clear and that's with. Dps set up. I see crap lancers and brawlers all time literally holding block for ten seconds, running out of resolve getting hit losing aggro and dying. Block should be tapped, no longer than half a second.
«1
Sign In or Register to comment.