Community Team interaction in the Forums

Comments

• SageWinduSageWindu High Seat of the Jedi Council ✭✭✭✭✭
    So here's a question for you @KitTeaCup - is there a reason you and the others can't upload assorted news and such to everything concurrently? Or to make a post here in the forums, then relay links to the social sites that then loop back to the forum post? As I understand, you don't need to actually be signed in to view the posts themselves - just to respond, vote, and so on.
  • PagesPages ✭✭✭✭
    @KitTeaCup please tell us when we're getting a server status page back. it's been removed for over 4 months now and we have to use third party websites to know when the servers are online lol..
  • Pages wrote: »
    @KitTeaCup please tell us when we're getting a server status page back. it's been removed for over 4 months now and we have to use third party websites to know when the servers are online lol..

Extremely sad
  • StitchedSoulStitchedSoul ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2018
    > @KitTeaCup said:
    > Hi everyone!
    >
    > The feedback is greatly appreciated. I'm doing my best to make sure to visit and post in the forums as much as I can!
    >
    > The Forums, Discord and Twitter are very important to us. You'll be seeing a lot more of me - and I look forward to working with you all :)

I'm very sorry that I say this but: I don't believe you. Yes just I don't. Fed up with promises.

We heard this a loooot of times from everyone in eme who occasionally has some sort of relation to forums.
    And this promise is just a fake way to make us shut up and believe that were so damn important.
    90% of community is being threaten like a dogs and all of us pretty well know that no one from your company will regret if we just vanish into the twisting nether one day.
    The only way to prove that you're not same is to keep promise.

P.s. And I also have no discord and other social stuff. And I'm not planning to register them just to read news from eme.
  • I understand the forums complaints are overwhelming but you guys still need to be active on it
  • McOnosRepMcOnosRep ✭✭✭
    KitTeaCup wrote: »
    Hi everyone!

The feedback is greatly appreciated. I'm doing my best to make sure to visit and post in the forums as much as I can!

The Forums, Discord and Twitter are very important to us. You'll be seeing a lot more of me - and I look forward to working with you all :)

@KitTeaCup

This is great to hear.

Of course I (and pretty much everyone else I assume) is waiting to see how this actually turns out but it is still very refreshing to hear such a positive commitment ;)

• > @KXRC9JMW74 said:
    > And why would players "all" be on discord? It's for people who spend time talking and not playing. Like EME employees

Ooooommmmgggg buuurn
    They need some frozen sarberry for that nasty burn omg lol I’m dying
  • Hi everyone!

We've been making regular updates on the forums recently within the Discussions and the News & Announcement pages. We're taking steps to make sure communications are consistent in all of our spots!

If you want to check on the servers being live - we make sure to update the banners in the forums, just like the yellow notification that's up there right now about Thursday's maintenance.
  • KitTeaCup wrote: »
    Hi everyone!

We've been making regular updates on the forums recently within the Discussions and the News & Announcement pages. We're taking steps to make sure communications are consistent in all of our spots!

If you want to check on the servers being live - we make sure to update the banners in the forums, just like the yellow notification that's up there right now about Thursday's maintenance.

I think now it's going! Thank you!
  • ChristinChristin ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2018
    Hi everyone!

You're really way too new to blame anything on, so most of the posts aren't directed at you. Thanks for responding, and I definitely think you are sincere. Surely, things will get better now that Tera has a CM.

To those that say forums are going away:

Forums are one of the most important support tools used by companies to keep complaints off of their social media. Saying that forums are going away is completely ridiculous. Without a forum, all of these complaints would be funneled through to their Facebook or other social media. Games that have no forums are seeing huge amounts of complaints all over their social media profiles, which is a huge hit in advertising whether they want to admit it or not. Plus, games that lack their own forums end up with third party forums created all over or loads of other third party creations like Facebook groups.

Forums also help lower the amount of support tickets created by players. I play one game that doesn't have a forum. They are constantly drowning in support tickets asking the same questions over and over. Why? Because players aren't finding anything when they search in Google. Of course, not all search before making tickets, but a large section of players will. So, instead of having one or two reps take some time to answer threads each day, the company is constantly hiring more customer service reps to deal with the onslaught of support tickets.
  • PartyblastPartyblast ✭✭✭✭

Yea a server status page is still useful for those times when the hamsters go on break and a server crashes, it's usefulness doesn't only apply to planned maintenances that you can post a notification for.
  • StitchedSoulStitchedSoul ✭✭✭✭
    Oh my god... :lol:
    Run, run, run!
  • CassandraTRCassandraTR ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2018
    Hi everyone!

...are you a serious with this?

1) Check the news section for discussions? 99% of those posts are locked immediately. There is no discussion. We can't even comment let alone ask questions. What are you talking about?

2) Even when there is a "community discussion" in the general forum that hits 40+ pages (two separate times aboug xigncode) you lock it or don't respond for days and days. Even now in the swimswear "discussion" where people are pretty upset about the overall architecture of the event, its 9 freaking pages with ZERO EME response. There's a 10 page thread asking you to help us with golden talents and there is ZERO RESPONSE: https://forums.enmasse.com/tera/discussion/26293/the-gold-talent-problem#latest

3) You say that EME uses multiple points of contact like twitter, discord, forums, etc.

For [filtered]'s sake, it says in game when you log in as the very first thing in the chat window to go to Tera's website for more information, but you won't communicate on with us on the website...

4) We have been asking for months and months for EME to consult us, then @SingleBear nerfs PVP jackpots and says "I realize now we should have revealed the changes sooner to get player feedback." Uh.... no [filtered]??? Yes. You should have. Just like you should have told us about xigncode BEFORE installing it, not 2 freaking days before the patch.

https://forums.enmasse.com/tera/discussion/comment/244597/#Comment_244597

My 130 person guild has a handful of people online every day, and no it's not like there are inactives of over a year in there. 90% of my guild had previously logged in in the last 30 days. I have multiple chars in stormcry, 3 of them in +7, and the rest in +2/3/4. WE LIKE PLAYING TERA, Many of my guild have +9 on multiple chars but we are just so done with the inaction, the lack of communication, and the constant changes that make the game NOT FUN TO PLAY. I haven't logged in in over a week, and every day that goes by I just care less and less. Some of my guild haven't logged in since the Wellbia debacle, going on a month now.

PVP is dead, gold talents require hours of grinding, events are poorly planned or don't work at all (BAM event in lumbertoiwn,) yearly events have been retooled and nerfed so hard they aren't worth doing. We don't have as server status page (one was created by a player,) we don't have access to the old patch notes anymore, and when we get new ones they are incomplete so we have to use player translated patch notes or another publisher's patch notes.

We're frustrated. Very frustrated.

I understand that you are new @KitTeaCup. I understand that these complaints existed before you, and some of them don't directly involve you. I understand that some of these problems were long standing and you inherited them without causing them. But you are NOW THE FACE OF EME FOR THE MAJORITY OF US, and we want you to address our complaints, our critiques, and our criticisms, not just our congratulatory praise. WE LIKE TO SPEND MONEY ON TERA, and it's really hard for us to do so now, because we do not feel like we are heard.

Having you come and say things like "check the news section" when those posts are instantly locked, is a huge slap in the face. It's disrespectful.

• edited June 2018
    @Partyblast you make a good point. I've discussed it here at En Masse, and I'm trying to find a way to make sure that forums will be updated on server info. I'm working on a solution with Vanilla, so stay tuned!

@CassandraTR,

Thank you for voicing all of your questions and concerns. I'd like to first respond to your list:

1. I have been experimenting with having news posts locked or unlocked. On the ones that remain unlocked, I've only seen non-constructive comments, so this leads me to believe the best way to have a conversation about a news post or announcement is to still start a new thread. I'm open to thoughts/opinions/ideas on this, let me know if you have any!
    2. We are doing our best to be better by responding to some of these "major" threads, but it's still hard for the community to see what we have responded to and where it is on the thread. We are working with Vanilla Forums to get better visibility on forum threads that we have "answered" and not just merely commented on. Stay tuned!
    3. I hear your frustration on the mixture of communication. Here's my thoughts on it:

(*) Discord is great for having a conversation on-the-fly, getting a quick question answered (by EME OR by the community), and in general participating in game chat.
    (*) Forums are a place where conversations are organized by threads, and makes it easier to see what was said on a conversation. We still want to make this better where YOU feel like your voice is heard, and that everyone can see when EME has made a response that is a response and not just a comment.
    (*) Twitter is the place where we post server maintenance updates and what's going on in the game. It's like news RSS feed.
    We'll get aligned here internally so you don't feel like you are being thrown around in an endless cycle and ultimately left feeling unheard (as I said above, I'm working on a solution for this due to the feedback given by you all)

4. We feel like we do a pretty good job about letting players know ahead of time what is coming to the game, however you have two recent examples I'd like to address:
    (*) PVP Jackpots. We know players who have been around definitely notice these types of changes when they happen, and are left feeling frustrated by not being informed on why a decision was made or being made aware ahead of time. This was a mistake on our part about not getting the messaging out ahead of the change and we are doing what we can to not repeat that mistake.

(*) Xigncode. For security reasons, this is something we couldn't let you know ahead of time. This is tough because we know it's a change players feel passionately about, however we want TERA players to feel like the game is safe, as hacker/cheater free as can be, and balanced. Xigncode helps with this, and we think you'll see the difference in-game. If you have any concerns with this running on your system, please submit a support ticket, as it shouldn't be impacting your game play.

It looks like you have provided a few other points surrounding PVP, gold talents, events (specifically BAM spawns), access to patch notes (historical), desire for more detailed patch notes, and server status page suggestion. I've added these details to my notes and I continue digging on my end to see how the community feels and to help prioritize what actions should come next.

Thanks for being passionate and caring about TERA, I hope you continue to provide feedback, and you WILL be hearing from me.

Thank you,
    KitTeaCup