[TERA PC] Summersilk season is here! Pick up Summersilk Robes in the TERA store until August 3. Plus, earn a free Summersilk Robe in our leveling event: https://bit.ly/TERA_summersilk
[TERA Console] To celebrate the launch of the Awakening update, participate in the Awakening Leveling Event! Details: https://bit.ly/awkn_events
[TERA Console] Server maintenance to deploy the v84.03 hotfix is scheduled for 7~11 p.m. PT on Monday, July 13, 2020. This hotfix should improve upon issues with frequent crashes and blue screens. Patch notes: https://bit.ly/v84_03_patch

Dragon scales

So, I think its time to make dragon scale or, at least, Draconis Ferris Fragment bankable, like the goldfinger tokens. Everybody have unusable scales or draconis with old chars and it would be nice to be able to use these items, Its fair since I spent time and effort to obtain them.

What do you guys think ?

Can you gives us a position about this ? @seandynamite or @KitTeaCup

Comments

• metagamemetagame ✭✭✭✭
    the dragon manuals are bankable
  • BabbelsimBabbelsim ✭✭✭
    I agree, we have these dragon scales for a very long time now, its time now to make them atleast bankable to share between your characters
  • ElinUsagiElinUsagi ✭✭✭✭✭
    If Korea don't have them bankable then you need to keep waiting months for them to be.

It would be nice tho have them bankable.
  • xChasexChase ✭✭
    I agree too, I Like to do BG's in all chars but I don't want dragon on my alts, so it would be nice to share the dragon scales or Draconis Ferris Fragment.

So @KitTeaCup, any chance to change this in the near future ?
  • CassandraTRCassandraTR ✭✭✭✭✭
    metagame wrote: »
    the dragon manuals are bankable

That's not the point, the point is that they are note easily useable.

If you have 100-200+ scales on your main but you decide to level an alt because you've become interested in one of the awakened classes, or because maybe you've been a healer main your whole life and now you just want to dps, you can't easily get a 1.5x and you can't do anything with those other scales. You can pay 800k+ for an azure phoenix or you can start farming for hundreds of days getting one scale at a time in HMs, meanwhile the 200 you used sit there stale. In addition, because of the high consumable cost of HMs, most people use scales for strong bravery, and are not keeping a constantly filled supply.

Combined with the fact that VG's were nerfed after 3+ years of giving double rewards, yes it would be a very welcome change to make them bankable.

Why does it matter if they are bankable? The sklil books themselves are not tradeable or selleable, so it's not going to compete with anything else. The azure also provides an additional effect, so it is not in direct competition either.

Goldfingers were not bankable at one point in time, and it was changed. This can also be changed.
  • I wouldn't say it takes hundreds of days. I usually get over 10 scales a day (and I'm not on Tera 24 hours a day). So I imagine some hardcore Tera players could get their 1.5 in a month or less. Still a lot of time, but certainly not hundreds of days... o.o"

I think there should be more in the shop. What if we have our 1.5? Then we get a health pot or a bravery pot. Woo?
  • CassandraTRCassandraTR ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2018
    I wouldn't say it takes hundreds of days. I usually get over 10 scales a day (and I'm not on Tera 24 hours a day). So I imagine some hardcore Tera players could get their 1.5 in a month or less. Still a lot of time, but certainly not hundreds of days... o.o"

I think there should be more in the shop. What if we have our 1.5? Then we get a health pot or a bravery pot. Woo?

Hardcore players don't need a dragon, they already have one, or a phoenix (all of my main chars have 1.5 and 2.0 for example. 2 of them have both phoenixes as well.)

A new player, with 439 ilevel, who isn't elite getting only 1 run a day of each 439, must 1) find a group that will take a frostmetal (or brave IMS,) 2) then clear the dungeon in a reasonable amount of time (FM groups aren't doing 12 minute clears of RRNM or even SCNM for example, it takes an FM group about 25+ minutes just from the HP pools, not the difficulty,) and then 3) choose to use a reset scroll that costs waaaay more VG credits than it should or prioritize other things like the very expensive nocts or the entropic boxes (since metamorphics are essentially non-existant)

Let's say it's a perfect world, and a 439 player can run SCNM, RRNM, TRHM, and maybe RMNM in under two hours (perfect conditions, no one leaves or DC's, or has to afk for kids/dog/parents, and all 5 people stay for all 4 dungeons,) and he can finish 3 tier III Iod in ~15-20 min (plus another 3 mid tier to convert for the last few in another ~10-15min.) Ok, you get 5 scales per day in 2.5 hours. Asssuming, this average 439 player has a life and takes a few days off every week or so for school/work/personal life. It's 80 days if you never take a day off. It's easily over 100+ if you do. Sure you can pvp also, but that again assumes a 100% win rate.

And that again assumes you are only playing your main. If you play an alt, or have a tank AND a heal to benefit your friends/guild you've got to farm twice as long. 1 scale per HM. 1 scale per pvp win. Yes hundreds of days is accurate. This is why I have been arguing to bring back double VG for 6 months since Spacecats said they are nerfing it on January 2nd.

It's not about hardcore players. They already have them or don't need them. It's about the average casual player.
  • its fine how it is.
  • metagamemetagame ✭✭✭✭
    well in my very specific scenario a guy farms 10 scales and gets a dragon manual from those
  • xChasexChase ✭✭
    edited June 2018
    I agree with @CassandraTR, and doesn't matter if is ur main or alts or u obtained a year ago, the time you spent to collect those scales is the same, so its fair to let us do whatever we want whit the things earned with our hard work.

And for those whom say " I get a lot scales everyday bla bla bla", good for you, not everybody have 8 hours to play, most people have to work and have a life outside the game.
  • metagamemetagame ✭✭✭✭
    xChase wrote: »
    and doesn't matter if is ur main or alts or u obtained a year ago, the time you spent to collect those scales is the same, so its fair to let us do whatever we want whit the things earned with our hard work.
    then wouldn't it also be fair that everyone should have to get their dragon the same way, without any changes made to the system?

like mentioned earlier, if you would rather buy your way through it you can get one from the trade broker
  • @metagame I feel like you’re missing the point. I’m honestly tired of logging on and seeing 100+ in my inventory.
  • metagamemetagame ✭✭✭✭
    then turn them into something? if that's the point you think this thread is trying to make, i don't see how making them accessible to any char on your account is going to change that
  • SageWinduSageWindu High Seat of the Jedi Council ✭✭✭✭✭
    @metagame Were you playing when GF tokens were locked to a character and you couldn't bank those? That's literally the same issue here.
  • metagamemetagame ✭✭✭✭
    yeah, i have

it isn't the same at all because dragon scales eventually reach a point where there's no need to use them to obtain dragon manuals anymore, whereas the inner wear from gf tokens can be traded. the other items in the scale shop are cheap enough to run a thing or two to top off what you might need to get something, and if that isn't good enough for you then you can get them from iod tokens.