[TERA PC & Console] En Masse is closing, but TERA lives on! We will continue to support TERA PC (NA) and TERA Console until services are transferred. Our Service Moving Info page is now live here: https://bit.ly/tera_service_moving

Why are DPS classes so unbalanced?

Just looked up PVE dps numbers on moongourd and was wondering why BHS saw it fit to have the berzerker and warrior classes do 1.5x - 2.5x time more dps than ninja, gunner, valk, reaper, and archer? Seems kind of weird to me! I know that non-awakened classes received a dps increasing passive, so when can they be adjusted correctly?

Comments

• ovrovr ✭✭
    edited June 2018
    For example (on the first boss of rk9):

The top rated berserker did over 8million dps
    The top ninja 3.8 million dps
    The top archer 4.5m dps
    The top gunner 4.5 million dps
    The top reaper 4.3 million
    The top slayer 5.7 million
    The top sorc 4.7 million
    The top valk 4.8 million
    The top warrior 6.3 million

• ovrovr ✭✭
    edited June 2018
    Honestly, how hard could it possibly be to tweak each classes dps passive to balance out the game? Developers could probably do it easily during a morning or afternoon. So what is taking them so long?

It would be neat if high scores in this game reflected player skill and not just general imbalance between classes.
  • vkobevkobe ✭✭✭✭✭
    because we have too many class :3
  • ovrovr ✭✭
    MistyTera wrote: »
    I found that doing pumped/carving on both earrings and rings balances well for good crit factor and power.

The numbers I referenced are the TOP rated dps for each class, so I'm sure they have the ideal crit/power ratio.
  • DPS difference is not really a huge issue unless BHS or EME imposes a harsh DPS check on certain bosses (eg. AAHM without Velik buff, or the upcoming Dreadspire). I think BHS should really be careful about designing new bosses utilizing DPS check mechanics. If this check gets too strict even at max gear, people will unavoidably discriminate against weaker classes. For dungeons without DPS checks (eg. RRHM), class discrepancy is not a issue, and I don't have a problem if certain classes are outperformed while some are underperformed. People can still play the classes they enjoy more.
  • ovrovr ✭✭
    Mewtube wrote: »
    DPS difference is not really a huge issue unless BHS or EME imposes a harsh DPS check on certain bosses (eg. AAHM without Velik buff, or the upcoming Dreadspire). I think BHS should really be careful about designing new bosses utilizing DPS check mechanics. If this check gets too strict even at max gear, people will unavoidably discriminate against weaker classes. For dungeons without DPS checks (eg. RRHM), class discrepancy is not a issue, and I don't have a problem if certain classes are outperformed while some are underperformed. People can still play the classes they enjoy more.

I agree - Play what is fun!

I personally play ninja; and although I haven't been discriminated against personally, I've witnessed several people raging in party chat because other ninjas and reapers were not kicked form the party.

Not fun.
  • VirtualONVirtualON ✭✭✭
    edited June 2018
    Naturally it's not hard to balance classes. But it's their honest intention to rotate strongest classes to make players reroll and in doing so buying more costumes, spending more money /time to gear up.

It's one of the artificial ways that BHS has been using to prolong the cycle of the game aside from making the content as unrewarding as possible.
  • YordanYordan ✭✭✭
    edited June 2018
    VirtualON wrote: »
    Naturally it's not hard to balance classes. But it's their honest intention to rotate strongest classes to make players reroll and in doing so buying more costumes, spending more money /time to gear up.

It's one of the artificial ways that BHS has been using to prolong the cycle of the game aside from making the content as unrewarding as possible.

That is true, in the end they care far more about making as much money as possible than about making balanced game. New classes that come out are completely broken on purpose, just to later get nerfed. Everyone makes new class and buys costumes/dragons since everything is character bound and money are flowing in.
  • ovrovr ✭✭
    Yordan wrote: »

That is true, in the end they care far more about making as much money as possible than about making balanced game. New classes that come out are completely broken on purpose, just to later get nerfed. Everyone makes new class and buys costumes/dragons since everything is character bound and money are flowing in.

It's funny because the more they try to scam people out of money, the less people actually spend. A lot of my friends, including myself don't spend money of Tera anymore, because BHS is so greedy.
  • vkobevkobe ✭✭✭✭✭
    ovr wrote: »
    Yordan wrote: »

It's funny because the more they try to scam people out of money, the less people actually spend. A lot of my friends, including myself don't spend money of Tera anymore, because BHS is so greedy.

enmasse not bhs, yes enmasse is more greedy than before :3
  • The top 3 dps classes zerker, warrior and slayer are all awakened.
    The 2nd awakening is coming soon, its on the test server on korea now.

Suprised valk isn't in the top.... thought valk was broken dps

I don't know why people discriminate against ninjas. Seen some really geared/knowledgeable ninjas be top dps in some runs.

• RKCRKC ✭✭✭
    Uhhhh.... you guys make it sound that the 2nd part of awakening isnt coming :/
  • McOnosRepMcOnosRep ✭✭✭
    I don't know why people discriminate against ninjas. Seen some really geared/knowledgeable ninjas be top dps in some runs.

I know some amazing good ninjas and hey are a joy to have in the party as hey basically are always last man (or elin) standing.

The problem is some dungeons have such harsh DPS checks that even the very best players of a weaker class will struggle to meet them, whereas even decently good player of a broken class can make it pretty easily.
  • YordanYordan ✭✭✭
    edited June 2018
    RKC wrote: »
    Uhhhh.... you guys make it sound that the 2nd part of awakening isnt coming :/

It will, year from now. Getting avakened doesnt mean actually becoming good either, since they will gain new skills but lose that buff all of them have. I've been hearing valks actually got nerfed by like 30% because of that. There will still be absolute top classes and then everyone else.

When it comes to ninjas they are pretty good in aa because of smoke which lets everyone ignore puddles, they deal alright dmg enough for it to be clearable but obviously not even close to zerk or war.