Community Team interaction in the Forums

124»

Comments

• ZoknahalZoknahal ✭✭✭✭✭
    If i did noticed a change since the launch of XIGNCODE, a positive one, is that the amount of gold sellers and bots, have decreased considerably. For the past week, i have not seen any of this gold sellers at all. So that's a good point tho, still cant be compared by the amount of cons the community pointed out about XIGNCODE being intrusive as hell.
  • JXE5356AKEJXE5356AKE ✭✭✭
    KitTeaCup wrote: »
    @Partyblast you make a good point. I've discussed it here at En Masse, and I'm trying to find a way to make sure that forums will be updated on server info. I'm working on a solution with Vanilla, so stay tuned!

@CassandraTR,

Thank you for voicing all of your questions and concerns. I'd like to first respond to your list:

1. I have been experimenting with having news posts locked or unlocked. On the ones that remain unlocked, I've only seen non-constructive comments, so this leads me to believe the best way to have a conversation about a news post or announcement is to still start a new thread. I'm open to thoughts/opinions/ideas on this, let me know if you have any!
    2. We are doing our best to be better by responding to some of these "major" threads, but it's still hard for the community to see what we have responded to and where it is on the thread. We are working with Vanilla Forums to get better visibility on forum threads that we have "answered" and not just merely commented on. Stay tuned!
    3. I hear your frustration on the mixture of communication. Here's my thoughts on it:

(*) Discord is great for having a conversation on-the-fly, getting a quick question answered (by EME OR by the community), and in general participating in game chat.
    (*) Forums are a place where conversations are organized by threads, and makes it easier to see what was said on a conversation. We still want to make this better where YOU feel like your voice is heard, and that everyone can see when EME has made a response that is a response and not just a comment.
    (*) Twitter is the place where we post server maintenance updates and what's going on in the game. It's like news RSS feed.
    We'll get aligned here internally so you don't feel like you are being thrown around in an endless cycle and ultimately left feeling unheard (as I said above, I'm working on a solution for this due to the feedback given by you all)

4. We feel like we do a pretty good job about letting players know ahead of time what is coming to the game, however you have two recent examples I'd like to address:
    (*) PVP Jackpots. We know players who have been around definitely notice these types of changes when they happen, and are left feeling frustrated by not being informed on why a decision was made or being made aware ahead of time. This was a mistake on our part about not getting the messaging out ahead of the change and we are doing what we can to not repeat that mistake.

(*) Xigncode. For security reasons, this is something we couldn't let you know ahead of time. This is tough because we know it's a change players feel passionately about, however we want TERA players to feel like the game is safe, as hacker/cheater free as can be, and balanced. Xigncode helps with this, and we think you'll see the difference in-game. If you have any concerns with this running on your system, please submit a support ticket, as it shouldn't be impacting your game play.

It looks like you have provided a few other points surrounding PVP, gold talents, events (specifically BAM spawns), access to patch notes (historical), desire for more detailed patch notes, and server status page suggestion. I've added these details to my notes and I continue digging on my end to see how the community feels and to help prioritize what actions should come next.

Thanks for being passionate and caring about TERA, I hope you continue to provide feedback, and you WILL be hearing from me.

Thank you,
    KitTeaCup

Specifically on the "4. We feel like we do a pretty good job about letting players know ahead of time what is coming to the game, however you have two recent examples I'd like to address:"

Last patch we got patch notes, during the maintenance of that patch. I wouldn't consider that a good job letting us know ahead of time. At least previously NA would give a day, which the forum's have also considered bad in comparison to other regions' week+ notice.

I also don't feel like XIGNCODE is doing anything. People have expressed on the forums already there is a bypass. People are still cheating, etc, this poor excuse of a program isn't going to stop that.
    Zoknahal wrote: »
    If i did noticed a change since the launch of XIGNCODE, a positive one, is that the amount of gold sellers and bots, have decreased considerably. For the past week, i have not seen any of this gold sellers at all. So that's a good point tho, still cant be compared by the amount of cons the community pointed out about XIGNCODE being intrusive as hell.

I think this more has to do with their recent stance on 3rd party gold selling, not XIGNCODE. Maybe they're related, but it definitely isn't JUST XIGNCODE.
  • Kira98Kira98 ✭✭✭
    edited June 2018
    Gold seller are in Velika chat.
    XIGNCODE do nothing. People with proxy, cheat and others stuff can enter without any problem.. Since AAHM patch with xigncode, server just get delay/lag spike/fps drop. In AAHM we get stupid fps drop in 100-90%. Some friend after aahm patch pley with preset 6, but with aahm patch they play with preset 0... xD

• I like what kitteacup is doing, although I would like to see other staff members doing the same to not make kitteacup work a lot.
  • PartyblastPartyblast ✭✭✭✭
    kubitoid wrote: »
    KitTeaCup wrote: »
    (*) Xigncode. For security reasons, this is something we couldn't let you know ahead of time.
    i beg a pardon but what does it ever suppose to mean???

It's great that "for security reasons" they couldn't inform us in decent time that they're introducing an invasive program. If nobody looked at the upcoming patch files and told the community they most likely would've never mentioned it at all, "for security reasons".
  • WadiWadi ✭✭
    Can you also add the developer roadmap to your notes? It let the community know what to expect in the future.