[TERA PC & Console] En Masse is closing, but TERA lives on! We will continue to support TERA PC (NA) and TERA Console until services are transferred. Our Service Moving Info page is now live here: https://bit.ly/tera_service_moving

Dungeon Buffs (50.03 and 50.03.HF1)

Comments

• IppikiIppiki ✭✭
    Ilvl is bull crap though anyway.
  • Another thing...look at the rewards you give for pvp. Then look at the rewards for pve. Now tell me...why would anyone who doesn't want to do dungeons specifically even want to bother with them over pvp? The rewards for just pvping all day wayyy outshine doing dungeons. That's just how it is. The lockout doesn't help. Change it to loot lockout, that way I can still help people. As of now I can only do 2-4 runs and that's it. Even something as simple as changing RMHM to give 1 handkerchief to each person with the extras that may drop being rolled on still wouldn't make it better then pvping all day. Not when factoring in learning, at least, and limited by runs. Though I doubt that'll ever happen.
  • IppikiIppiki ✭✭
    The patch, with the ilvl req that we have is the same as the dungeon they got on pc when Lilith’s was released.

I don’t know nor care what pc is at now because I’m on console atm and I donlt want them to nerf it. Please donlt make this into a discussion about how the pc version is already hugely different, because it isn’t. It’s just ahead of us.
  • haroldzharoldz ✭✭
    edited July 2018
    Hello, I'm Witchtime, 65 Sorc on Draco server. First let me say that EME continues to drop the ball in transparency. It's either later after the fact or not mentioned at all. I used to play Tera on PC from 2014-2016 and was involved in the Big Brawl event, which was a disaster. Players were begging you folks for increased transparency and it still hasn't happened, and here we are on console asking for the same.

I get that you are limited in how much information you can provide because you rely on Bluehole; but if I am not mistaken En Masse handles in game events, lootboxes (needs to die in a fire) and other unrelated game changes.

List of things I want to see changed or implemented:

1) Better Elite Status: More variety of ground/flying mounts that rotates on a weekly basis, like the PC. Temporary costumes to try out and throw those up in the store for purchase, NOT IN LOOTBOXES! Noctenium Infusions that are a toggle, honestly this one is iffy, but the amount we get from vanguard request is insulting. You can easily burn though 3-400 of them in one dungeon run. Overall, Elite status just needs to be better because what it contains now, in my opinion, doesn't justify the $15 voucher.

2) Commenting on the new buffs. I'm glad that this was finally revealed, but it's a band-aid fix. Dungeons are fine as they are right now and I've successfully lead and taught many groups that made great strides in learning the mechanics. It's not hard and dumbing down something that isn't particularly difficult right now isn't the answer.

3) Fix the broken classes. Warrior has been on an old patch since release and share edge, which is just stupid, and often the edge meter completely disappears (likely because there are more than one warrior in the group). Archers are still reporting focus not working correctly, sorcerers feel like its on the knockout patch which was before their biggest damage dealers got buffed to keep up with warriors after their revamp.

4) It's been reported that En Masse plans on bringing consoles to within six months of PC after the release of the Ninja class later this summer. I'm assuming this includes the new gear system? As it stands right now, the mentality is pushing for at least Ambush weapon. This not only requires the materials to craft the weapon, you need the design which isnt dropping frequently enough or people get something they cant use and can't find anyone to trade with or buy it. Assuming you actually get the design for your class, the amount of materials to enchant it to +15 is incredibly high. It requires ten's of thousands of feedstock and alkahast, and right now, we get maybe 30..40 feedstock from a dungeon? That's not going to cut it and people are forced to make burner reapers just to farm the materials for it. That's not fun.

5) Elite Instance scrolls should work for any dungeon up to current. As of the time of this post, these scrolls do not work on Ruinous Manor Normal/Hard & Lilith's Keep Normal/Hard. Several weeks past you had stated that you were going to fix this and it still hasn't happened.

tl:dr Dungeons don't need nerfed. Fix the classes that are still either broken or behind in patchs (warior revamp etc). Make Elite Status better/worthwhile.

I sincerely hope you take the time to read the lengthy posts in this thread because you asked for feedback and players actually put effort into some of the replies.

*Edit* Dungeon clears are low because there's very little incentive to run them. You get a very small amount of feedstock and awakening mats that everyone rolls on.
  • I took a bit of time to try things out with different people, before [filtered] about it barely within a day and all that. For instance match, it feels more comfortable when I'm stuck carrying, still can't do [filtered] if tank/healer are in sensory overload, but that's how it is.

For premades, I was able to reel in some lower skilled players willing to give it a shot after hearing buffs were added. The dungeons went quite rough, but the buffs augment their lower skill and made things doable. Didn't even seem all that much, felt more like placebo. However, these players already knew what to do, somewhat, and just make more mistakes than others.

I'd rather at least the single 422 RMHM be left alone, maybe a few 417 hard modes as well, you got the player base that need to push challenging content.

I'm still all for balancing, adjusting, whatever, the lower end content after enough new dungeons are added to take their place.

The average player didn't even notice buffs were added, reactions were mostly "whoa, really?" vs whatever outrage people might have stirred up in their own guilds. Kind of like, how sjw bloggers with nothing to do, would go around convincing other people to be offended over pointless things.
  • IppikiIppiki ✭✭
    J7T9WEKENT wrote: »
    I took a bit of time to try things out with different people, before [filtered] about it barely within a day and all that. For instance match, it feels more comfortable when I'm stuck carrying, still can't do [filtered] if tank/healer are in sensory overload*, but that's how it is.

For premades, I was able to reel in some lower skilled players willing to give it a shot after hearing buffs were added. The dungeons went quite rough, but the buffs augment their lower skill and made things doable. Didn't even seem all that much, felt more like placebo. However, these players already knew what to do, somewhat, and just make more mistakes than others.

I'd rather at least the single 422 RMHM be left alone, maybe a few 417 hard modes as well, you got the player base that need to push challenging content.

I'm still all for balancing, adjusting, whatever, the lower end content after enough new dungeons are added to take their place.

The average player didn't even notice buffs were added, reactions were mostly "whoa, really?" vs whatever outrage people might have stirred up in their own guilds. Kind of like, how sjw bloggers with nothing to do, would go around convincing other people to be offended over pointless things.

*I can’t tell if this is a dig at “special snowflakes” like me for whom it is absolutely a real thing, but whatever, let’s press on with this stuff.

Dude we don’t want the game to lose its challenge. Do you understand that we play the game because of the challenge?

Nobody stirred up any outrage. Do you mean the gunner in highwatch? That was me. I did that independently of my guild, nobody told me to do it. I did it on a character not in guild, as when I said it in-guild, I got told my guild was elitist etc etc, and I don’t want to be some self appointed spokesperson for them as I didn;t tell them I was going to do it. I did it because nobody comes to this forum, nobody is aware of it - and you know, it’s a shame that they don’t because it is a good repository of info. We noticed the buffs on day one in RMHM. People just made some comments that it was kinda lame, that it was probably a bug, then I pointed out the comments EME made at E3.

In fact my husband told me about the comments at e3 weeks ago (I posted about it back then), and that it was “really bad news.” It sure is really bad news. This is not some exercise in stirring up crap. I have a severe anxiety disorder. He knows not to stir up crap with me, especially while I’m working and at the time, I was.

It’s not a pointless thing to be offended over. It’s not an exercise in crap stirring, eme want people’s input and I feared that if you do not advertise this thread in highwatch, they ain’t going to get it, and that eme will no doubt press ahead with further nerfs because they *already hinted at it at e3 and they went ahead and did a stealth nerf with zero communication of this - they knew it would be controversial.*

Oh and yeah, eme did say at e3 that they felt people with controllers were struggling. This is just stupid. Did I use this as a hook to get people to come here? I sure did. I hit them in the ego (nobody likes it when pc players tell them controller players suck) so they would come here and read the thread. If you’re the guy who called me out for stirring crap on purpose, and told people to read the post: congratulations, you filled up more of the area chat with pointers telling people to come look at this post, so thanks for doing some of my “job” for me because the chat system is murder to work with.

A lot of people in progression guilds work hard for their gear and people take pride in clearing harder content or even teaching others harder content. It’s the only reason we play the game and it’s the reason this game was chosen over others. I’ve been playing RPGs for years, I used to review them. One after another they’ve gotten faceroll easy. I literally don’t have time any more to play through games that effectively walk you through it like an interactive movie, and I grew out of finding the plots interesting.

There are very few online RPGs with challenging content any more because they all cater to the majority and the majority want insta gratification.

Do I think that casuals need more content? Probably, if it keeps them playing.

Trouble is a lot of casuals could play way, way better with some simple direction. They are just doing everything completely wrongly and it can;t be making the game any fun for them.

We don’t know what to do about it, because the easiest way to meet people to do lower ILVL dungeons is, in fact, IM. We meet people in completely different servers, see them doing this stuff that makes the dungeon an absolute slog and, if we tell them what to do about it odds on they rage at us or they might thank us and play better but we never see them again because they’re on a different server.

It’s not worth the hassle and stress - we can only do anything about it on our own server, where we can organize. *if* we could organize better.

They seriously need to fix the chat system.

I’m sick of typing stuff only for it to get hit by censor. I want to type out reams of info for people because I know the voice chat is harder to follow if the information is complex.

It;s not so much the censor as the fact, I can’t even edit the censored message. Push up to repeat message, push left on dpad and what... it goes back 5 characters max then jumps back to end. Cannot edit the offensive word (yesterday the offensive word was analogue. Talking about how character movement is fine with analogue stick.)

So you have to type *everything* again. It’s a train wreck trying to teach people. Even if you try, with randoms you can get met with this:

Person does not like being educated on videogames by a girl (this actually, 100% is a thing and not some “sjw” whining, it’s a thing and the reason I usually keep my mouth shut - my husband will say something if we say anything.) The only thing I believe I‘ve ever done in IM dungeons on console is tell mystic to stop using thralls. Oh and tell people to pickup cancel because they were taking forever picking up loot.

Person does not like being educated full stop.

Person says some variant of the stupid brain dead meme spouting you see on forums, that we need to “cry more, tryhards”, that our guild is elitist, that we need to go back to pc and stop lording it over people.

Or that we’re elitist for telling people to use crystals, etc.

You’re running that risk with text too but at least you can type text that’s just some basic directions aimed at nobody in particular, with low risk of an argument over voice chat.
  • edited July 2018
    What u guys should do is increase the drop rates for ambush designs and increase vanguard rewards so ppl like me who have over 50+ rmhm clears an still no ambush.I think the dungeons buff are good but plz don't dumb down dungeons anymore for ppl who don't even try to learn the dungeons because end game content that poses no challenge is very boring.
  • I appreciate the player buff and the planned upcoming adjustments. It makes dungeon grinding for endgame players faster, so you can run more dungs in the same time. It's not that much easier now, because you still have to know all mechanics and the bosses movesets, it just made dungeon grinding a little less timeinvestive and painful. But while I think it was the right thing to do, I don't think it manages to take on the problem at the core.

I think what's really needed are better chatoptions, which lets us scale the interface and customize the chat channels, and server fusions, in order to get people closer together.

For example on my server, there are approx. 15 guilds who run endgame content, each guild having only around 15-20 members, who actually come online every day. Most of the language specific guilds only run with themselves in fixed teams. Only 5 guilds are actually english and approachable. Different timezones make everthing even more difficult.
    I'm experienced with all 410 and 417 dungs, but all I can do is standing on HW for 7 hours looking for a group, that needs a DD, or run IM 417, which are like 50% decent runs and 50% complete fails. It feels quite frustrating to be honest.
  • It would be nice if they added another run a day for 417s and above
  • IppikiIppiki ✭✭
    LucyKosaki wrote: »
    I appreciate the player buff and the planned upcoming adjustments. It makes dungeon grinding for endgame players faster, so you can run more dungs in the same time. It's not that much easier now, because you still have to know all mechanics and the bosses movesets, it just made dungeon grinding a little less timeinvestive and painful. But while I think it was the right thing to do, I don't think it manages to take on the problem at the core.

I think what's really needed are better chatoptions, which lets us scale the interface and customize the chat channels, and server fusions, in order to get people closer together.

For example on my server, there are approx. 15 guilds who run endgame content, each guild having only around 15-20 members, who actually come online every day. Most of the language specific guilds only run with themselves in fixed teams. Only 5 guilds are actually english and approachable. Different timezones make everthing even more difficult.
    I'm experienced with all 410 and 417 dungs, but all I can do is standing on HW for 7 hours looking for a group, that needs a DD, or run IM 417, which are like 50% decent runs and 50% complete fails. It feels quite frustrating to be honest.

On pc you can put yourself, and maybe others in a party under the “LFG” function. Write a short description of what you want to run. Leave your sound up because people are going to apply, it might take forever but at least you don't have to watch a scrolling chat for hours. It either makes a noise when people apply, or people whisper you with their stats and clear data, I can’t remember. I just know it makes a noise, and you can turn off all your other game sounds to hear it so you can go do something else.

I can;t think of one tiny reason why this isn’t in the console version other than “they’ve crippled communication because they are worried about children who potentially play.”

I mean I wish I could have an answer on this as to whether this is a permanent thing. Please EME can you answer us. Will we ever have better communication in-game?
  • > @Denommenator said:
    > Hey all,
    >
    > We hope you’re enjoying this update and your new gunner characters.
    >
    > You’ll no doubt have noticed some buffs applied to you upon entry to select dungeons in this update. These weren’t listed among the patch notes, so I want to explain a bit about the motivations behind their inclusion in this build.
    >
    > The full list dungeons in which these buffs are applied are listed below:
    >
    > Vault of Kaprima
    > Shadow Sanguinary
    > Demokron Factory
    > Lilith's Keep
    > Sky Cruiser Endeavor (Hard)
    > Shadow Sanguinary (Hard)
    > Lilith's Keep (Hard)
    > Ruinous Manor
    > Ruinous Manor (Hard)
    >
    > And these are the buffs:
    >
    > Bravery—Increases skill damage and Attack Speed. Reduces damage received.
    > Divine Grace—Increases Power and Endurance.
    > Divine Grace II (High iLvL Dungeons)—Further increases Power and Endurance.
    >
    > What we’ve observed so far is that dungeon completion rates and, by extension, gear attach rates are below where we’d expect them to be when comparing with the same version on PC. There are many potential reasons for this, including the newness of TERA on these platforms, the percentage of new players that make up the current audience vs. PC, the quantity of end-game players, and the general difficulty of these instances.
    >
    > These buffs were implemented as a quick way to try and improve dungeon completion rates and end-game dungeon participation on consoles. They’re not intended as a permanent solution. They may stick around, but probably not, so enjoy them while they’re here.
    >
    > The teams at Bluehole and En Masse are exploring other ways to better balance dungeons and improve dungeon completion rates on console. These range from simple things like events that encourage dungeon participation with increased rewards, all the way to full-on re-balancing of boss monsters in the console versions.
    >
    > We’re monitoring the effects of these buffs closely, but we also want to hear your feedback, so let’s have it! Like ‘em? Hate ‘em? Tell us why and how they’ve impacted your play experience in this patch vs. the previous one. We look forward to hearing from you.
    >
    > --
    > Denommenator
    > TERA Team @ En Masse

Je comprend rien à votre jeux et a vos envie à pars recevoir de l'argent vous faites n'importe quoi !
    Le 417 est facile alors pourquoi le facilité encore plus ?
    Il ya personne sur votre jeux sur xbox c'est pour ça que pas grand monde le passé et pour information si vous laissez des buffs comme cela nous somme une guilde entière à laisser le jeux ont va pas perdre notre temps sur un jeux facilité pour quelque noob qui jouerons une semaine à votre jeux avant de le lâcher, faite comme bon vous semble mes je comprend les 9/10 ème de la population xbox one qui a quitter votre jeux en plus de cela vous avez un support à chié qui répond n'importe quoi félicitation à vous !
  • IppikiIppiki ✭✭
    Here’s the snippet from the interview EME did at E3.

“There are certainly differences between the platforms, as you’d expect. Console gamers don’t hit the En Masse website as often as PC gamers. One way to try to tackle that beyond using console tools like the game’s title page, the company says, is to get console players to tie themselves to an overall En Masse account and grant some rewards for doing that. Expect some account linking options in July.”

So please yes, do something so enough people can come here and tell you where you’re going wrong, and I don’t have to spam “eme think controller players are scrubs” alarmist (but true!) stuff in highwatch to get people to come here.

As opposed to just forming opinions like this off the back of “dungeon completion data” (btw, you’re completely missing the fact most of the pc population has years of experience.):

“Other differences are small, like community favorite classes and races, but one big difference Denomme noted was that the dungeon completion rate on consoles is lower on PC. Part of that may be the new audience. (note from me: YA THINK?) I wonder if console players aren’t used to dungeon crawl MMO mentality yet, but Denomme feels console players will sort themselves out in tie. However, something that the team has thought of are the controller limitations, so some balance changes may be on the way for console players.”

See guys, they think it’s because we use controllers, or at least a dude who’s high up in the company enough to influence Bluehole thinks this.

So if the French guy posting above me is on the European version, this means EME passed this info to Bluehole, who have nerfed every console version.

Yes, I’m ex PC.

Most my guild IS NOT, yet we have managed to organize, and we manage to clear 417s and RMHM.
  • Oui je suis sur serveur européen sur notre serveur nous somme que une cinquantaine d'actif à jouer quotidiennement et un peu près 30 à passer le 417 voir 20 mes le problème sont les évent qui sont introuvable comme le fort des corsaires etc voilà pourquoi tant de gens ont arrêter de jouer et quand ont leur dit cela il nous disent que pour avancer plus vite il faut passer par le cash Shop je veut bien que ce soit une f2p mes la version console à l'heure actuelle ressemble plus à un p2w en tout cas c'est ce qu'il laisse croire quand il réponde au ticket.
  • Better organisation ways.
    Window with Groups who look for ppl e.g. "xyz HM run, looks for tank and dd (3/5) [Join/Apply-Button]" instead or alternative to looking randomly in a waiting row with no clue how many unfilled groups are up already....
    Same for Battleground... its really annoying to wait nearly hours for an invite if you play dd...
  • HueHue ✭✭
    I love it! These buffs make clearing these dungeons faster than normal. Now if you guys can just increase the drop rate for Ambush designs and increase the amount of feedstocks that drop in the dungeons and as reward from the vanguard then all is happy. Thank you for your hard work!
This discussion has been closed.