SUMMER FESTIVAL TOKEN NERF!!?

Comments

• I feel this is misrepresenting the overall argument.

I don't want things handed to me for free. Last year's summer event was way overboard (although very fun.) This year's event, although not generous at all, could be immensely improved if they just gave smart boxes from the event reward loot boxes instead of random costumes. It'd still be a bit time-consuming to get one box, but way better than this.

But it seems Enmasse either does extremely generous events, or events that are just not worth the time to do. I want a middle ground. To stop balancing out crazy-good events with crazy-bad versions, and give us something that's worth the time to do (and let's face it, these summer quests are quite tedious and boring.)

Let me repeat, I want a middle ground. To stop balancing out crazy-good events with crazy-bad versions.

And I'd like to hear them respond to the discussion, here, on the forums. If they say no changes will happen then that's how it is.
  • kamizumakamizuma ✭✭✭✭
    funny how literally the same content is seen as "incredibly fun" or "not very fun" based solely on the rewards.
  • voidyvoidy ✭✭✭✭✭
    kamizuma wrote: »
    funny how literally the same content is seen as "incredibly fun" or "not very fun" based solely on the rewards.

Yeah dude that's what happens when you recycle the same event four years in a row, who'd have thought.
  • Naru2008Naru2008 ✭✭✭✭
    voidy wrote: »

Yeah dude that's what happens when you recycle the same event four years in a row, who'd have thought.

The same person who hordes the same things every year and puts down anyone who actually is less fortunate than them in the forum by being passive with their comments. :')
    That same person also misses the point of it not being solely about the rewards, but about the increased grind. (Which is based on how an individual looks at it, and their previous experiences, to which there's some merit to everyone's complaints.)
  • kamizuma wrote: »

Well yeah, it's not like the summer quests and minigames are enjoyable, challenging or interesting. So you need the reward carrot to grind through doing them or else there'd be no point (unless you want Loremaster.)

And it was "fun" in a "wow gee I'm getting a lot of costumes and accessories I can use for not much effort" kind of way. And some were pretty good costumes to have. This directly leads into broker shenanigans so I don't think I need to explain further.

So yes, it was fun (unless you're a broker hoarder, perhaps) even if it was way too generous.
  • ZoknahalZoknahal ✭✭✭✭✭

Well yeah, it's not like the summer quests and minigames are enjoyable, challenging or interesting. So you need the reward carrot to grind through doing them or else there'd be no point (unless you want Loremaster.)

And it was "fun" in a "wow gee I'm getting a lot of costumes and accessories I can use for not much effort" kind of way. And some were pretty good costumes to have. This directly leads into broker shenanigans so I don't think I need to explain further.

So yes, it was fun (unless you're a broker hoarder, perhaps) even if it was way too generous.

I think you explained it very well, the whole point of this entire thread.
  • eme need to think about this...

1- the emp rate is too hight
    2- some ppl dont spend money in tera
    3- ppl need gold to buy elite and emp items, like costumes
    4- if ppl cant make gold... ppl dont buy emp items to ppl who sell emp

eme dont give us streams codes
    eme dont give us innerwear coins in daylis rewards, so we cant sell innerwears
    eme dont give us events to make gold
  • ElinUsagiElinUsagi ✭✭✭✭✭
    Galiers wrote: »
    eme need to think about this...

1- the emp rate is too hight
    2- some ppl dont spend money in tera
    3- ppl need gold to buy elite and emp items, like costumes
    4- if ppl cant make gold... ppl dont buy emp items to ppl who sell emp

eme dont give us streams codes
    eme dont give us innerwear coins in daylis rewards, so we cant sell innerwears
    eme dont give us events to make gold

You can make about 20k gold per hour if you know what you are doing, without even trading with other players.

Gold is easier and faster to get than before when EMP:GOLD ratio was like 1:30 (Like almost 4 times faster) and current EMP:GOLD ratios are still below what it could be if you think about that.
  • ChristinChristin ✭✭✭✭
    EnviroBear wrote: »
    So true. People are lazy. They just want costumes without working hard / paying for it. Game is already free to play yet no one appreciates that and later proceeds to complain about not being handed rewards while sitting there twiddling their thumbs.

You're right. Everyone not happy about the rewards is just super lazy, and they don't want to work for the prizes. Grinding for 7 days for a box that will most likely give you an accessory is extremely generous of EME. The fact that most players will grind twice as much for better rewards is besides the point. Yeah, what a bunch of lazy people. They should just buy and sell stuff like Kami, because that isn't being lazy at all. No, the more you grind the better, and the more you grind, the more EME thinks you appreciate them.

Yeah, the game is already free to play. What more do you people want? You all act like EME was forced to make the game free. You know, like they charged, but not enough people would pay or something like that. Surely Tera is free to play, because EME didn't want to be greedy while the hoards of players were throwing money at them.

To all of you complaining about the grind, well, it's not going to get any better. In fact, it's going to get worse. Obviously, they weren't making enough money being generous, so now, they're gonna try the miser approach. You will grind for days and days and get a decent reward if you're lucky. If EME gives tradeable items, you will grind for days to get them. If EME gives untradable items, you might luck out with less of a grind. My prediction is that more and more prizes will be untradeable going forward. If you don't like it, Steam is having a summer sale to July 5th, and there are plenty of other free games out there to pick from.
  • ZoknahalZoknahal ✭✭✭✭✭
    Christin wrote: »
    Grinding for 7 days for a box that will most likely give you an accessory is extremely generous of EME. The fact that most players will grind twice as much for better rewards is besides the point. Yeah, what a bunch of lazy people. They should just buy and sell stuff like Kami, because that isn't being lazy at all. No, the more you grind the better, and the more you grind, the more EME thinks you appreciate them.

Are you [filtered] joking? Of course no one is happy to grind for 7 days. And you are suggesting we should all do what Kamizuma does? are you implying everyone can and will use his method? that everyone will be happy and comfortable with it? No. Everyone has a different way to profit, Kamizuma way is not the only one. Just because it makes him loads of gold, doesnt mean its for everyone, some people might find it boring to sit on stockpiles of stuff, and just want a quick earning. And you really think everyone likes grind? How would you feel if after 7 days of grinding for a single box, you get an item worth *drums* 50 gold. Wao, So generous of EME, they gave me 50 gold. Ohh right, i still have more chances right? lets grind more! Flash news Mr." I quit TERA for XIGNCODE3 but i still like to lurk in this game forums" The grind gets boring, and if you get bored, you aren't enjoying the event, no matter how much free stuff you get.

You really have missed the entire point of the discussion in this thread, please refer to what @Strawberrypants said last.

We aren't lazy, but we aren't idiots. If the box would had some sort of motivation to farm, like, get only costumes instead of accessories, then the price of the box would had been justified. But it isn't. This box contains more chances to get an accessory than a costume, and even when you get a costume, is not for your race and gender. The reason why the last Summer event was so successful, was because the price of the box was tailored accordingly to the contents.

Everyone loved the last summer event, not just because of the free stuff, but also because it was time friendly and player friendly. You could go farm tokens on a single character and still get decently rewarded. Newer players would quickly find out that they could get costumes they otherwise would had to pay a lot of gold for, just by participating from the event, and that itself motivated those new players, and also gave em as a bonus some exp boost for their journey to 65 by doing the daily quests. We could go at any given time to get tokens just from the event. Spacecats would occasionally spawn big mobs that dropped boxes and tokens, but ultimately, just by doing the event quests was more than enough. Now we have to wait for the crab spawn, which only happens a few times and not everyone can be online when they spawn, and coincidentally, farming those giant crabs is the current most effective way to farm tokens, but is not time zone friendly, nor new player friendly, as this crabs hit really hard and new players would be found dead on the ground. You NEED TO hit this crabs in order to get rewarded. And so new players are forced to farm for 7 days, only for their hopes to be crushed when they get *drums* the full generosity of EME on giving them a totally worthless accessory.

But i forget, You no longer play this game dont you? but you speak as if you are still participating from this event? If you really have nothing to give to the discussion, then do everyone a favor, and leave for good. Spreading negativity and discussing on matters you arent even participating, it just makes you look bad, more than you look already.
  • SageWinduSageWindu High Seat of the Jedi Council ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Zoknahal

Um... I'm pretty sure they were being sarcastic, given their choice of verbiage.
  • ZoknahalZoknahal ✭✭✭✭✭
    SageWindu wrote: »
    @Zoknahal

Um... I'm pretty sure they were being sarcastic, given their choice of verbiage.

Yeah, I realized it before even posting, but even sarcasm has a limit, at least to me, so im sorry if i hurt anyone's pride.

Some things you just dont do sarcasm about.
This discussion has been closed.