XIGNCODE DISCUSSION!

13233353738

Comments

  • DeadXDeadX ✭✭✭
    @MistyTera
    still no PROOF that ir doesn't work as intended. what you posted...ROFL. thrown together technobabble and irrelevant links in hopes that no one would understand it. beyond that, it's YOUR personal problem of bsods which according to top YOUR own investigations could be caused by ANYTHING. your bsods have zero to do with "people being able to completely bypass xign without detection" you gave no evidence, only more BS.

    you DO know right that their are a variety of ways programs can cause bsods eh? and it doesn't require interference with drivers or kernel level processes RIGHT? all you've done is make assumptions that fit your confirmation bias kid.

    one more assumption you shouldn't make kid...is trying to ASSUME anyone's education or intelligence. you aren't the smartest tool on this thread by a LONG shot evidenced by your poorly thought out attempts, lack of logic, and exaggeration.

    to address the BSODS:
    YOU'RE having bsods, and without the ability to attach a debugger to xign...which xign would bust you for you DON'T KNOW. it could be literally ANYTHING else on the system and more than likely IS even if it's xign causing the BSOD it's something ELSE interfering with IT.

    btw ROFLMMFAO @ xign "causing intentional bsods as security" i paraphrase but yeah....that's fracking HILARIOUS. a widely used, LICENSED (which means companies PAY for it) causing INTENTIONAL bsods by design...you really don't know [filtered] about anything do you? besides jumping to conclusions.
  • metagamemetagame ✭✭✭✭
    has this thread hit a bump limit or something? it says the last post was a few mins ago but the thread is on page 5
  • sonic101mk2sonic101mk2 ✭✭
    edited July 2018
    Misty you're wasting your time typing trying to convince someone that doesn't want to be convinced. There's a plethora of evidence out there that xigncode is fundamentally [filtered]. I would gladly post the system logs of my boot ssd dying if it didn't wipe out my OS in the process and any record of it with it. I haven't played since then even though my system is back up and running now with 2 ssd's. I do know how to bypass xigncode, and in fact the majority of my friends still playing bypass it. It's incredibly easy to do. I just no longer agree with the companies approach and would rather not have to jump through hoops to play a simple game with out fear of my system blowing up again. The game is just another blatant cash grab now and my tongue's been burned of the taste too many times. I want to play Tera, but I just can't bring myself to log back in. I've just been keeping busy with my other hobbies.

    Even the new swimsuits don't interest me ( I'm notorious for buying costumes). I keep an eye on the forums occasionally to see if any better options have been presented but I imagine they won't and any remaining interest i have will wain. Kind of wish the game would be bought by a better company and improved, but it's running on an aging engine and there would most likely be a lot of work needed on the back end.
  • metagame wrote: »
    has this thread hit a bump limit or something? it says the last post was a few mins ago but the thread is on page 5

    I have the same issue. Thread is shown at pg 4 with last post on June/25th, despite the fact that ppl posted few mins ago
  • ZoknahalZoknahal ✭✭✭✭✭
    pikpatsou wrote: »
    metagame wrote: »
    has this thread hit a bump limit or something? it says the last post was a few mins ago but the thread is on page 5

    I have the same issue. Thread is shown at pg 4 with last post on June/25th, despite the fact that ppl posted few mins ago

    Just bookmark the thread so it doesnt get lost. That way we can bring up the discussion at any time should EME forgets about it, or if this was intended in order to make us forget about the entire thing.

    Me? im personally not affected by this, i havent seen any drop on performance, and yes, i thought about bypassing it like many already do, but in the end it didnt work for me, so i decided to just roll with it, i had it since i installed BDO, and never caused problems.

    Still i do respect the voice of the community against this, and i do not think it was right for EME to let us know 2 days before patch "For security reasons" that is just an excuse.
  • DeadXDeadX ✭✭✭
    MistyTera wrote: »
    DeadX wrote: »
    @MistyTera
    still no PROOF that ir doesn't work as intended. what you posted...ROFL. thrown together technobabble and irrelevant links in hopes that no one would understand it. beyond that, it's YOUR personal problem of bsods which according to top YOUR own investigations could be caused by ANYTHING. your bsods have zero to do with "people being able to completely bypass xign without detection" you gave no evidence, only more BS.

    you DO know right that their are a variety of ways programs can cause bsods eh? and it doesn't require interference with drivers or kernel level processes RIGHT? all you've done is make assumptions that fit your confirmation bias kid.

    one more assumption you shouldn't make kid...is trying to ASSUME anyone's education or intelligence. you aren't the smartest tool on this thread by a LONG shot evidenced by your poorly thought out attempts, lack of logic, and exaggeration.

    to address the BSODS:
    YOU'RE having bsods, and without the ability to attach a debugger to xign...which xign would bust you for you DON'T KNOW. it could be literally ANYTHING else on the system and more than likely IS even if it's xign causing the BSOD it's something ELSE interfering with IT.

    btw ROFLMMFAO @ xign "causing intentional bsods as security" i paraphrase but yeah....that's fracking HILARIOUS. a widely used, LICENSED (which means companies PAY for it) causing INTENTIONAL bsods by design...you really don't know [filtered] about anything do you? besides jumping to conclusions.

    Then explain to me why BSODs happened with other people playing games? Explain why there is linked evidence of XIGNCODE and kernel as actual conflict together? I posted actual picture evidence! I researched and I figured out! At first the explanation was vague, but if you would just tie everything together, XIGNCODE reads the kernel like any type of anti-virus, which explains why it COULD cause conflict. Just read it! If you really think I want XIGNCODE removed, probably yes. Why? Because Wellbia hasn't helped those people! Many other people mention crashing, so where have you been? People are leaving, but I'm the only tenacious one asking for at least a fix or removal of XIGNCODE! Hopefully XIGNCODE will be fixed. XIGNCODE is fine, but it shouldn't be causing BSODs for some people. So where is your explanation to argue against it? Prove yourself. How am I wrong? You haven't showed one single argument of debunk. What's your motive? Why do you care? It doesn't concern you. That cyperscoop picture literally showed it. I educated myself by researching. Faulty incompatible drivers that my kernel doesn't like. From the minidump file it's legit. This one is Avast as another example. https://forums.techguy.org/threads/bsod-system-thread-exception-not-handled.1196135/

    what part of BSODS can be caused by ANY software didn't you get? newsflash, they can be caused by simple [filtered] like driver updates or even BROWSER updates/settings. further...people can and do LIE if they think they can get something they don't like dealt with. want to know WHY i brought up those people in 3rd party threads? because they were the whiners wanting to USE 3rd party apps.

    and kid...stop fracking saying it's in the kernel ROFL. you sound like an old bad hackers remake. nor is it INCOMPATIBLE or everybody on win10 would have bsods that also had xign...i asked earlier do you logic? your answer is obviously NO. there's your DEBUNK, simple fracking LOGIC. nmot panic, not an agenda, not rationalizations and confirmation bias. just a simple FACT.

    another fact being and keep it in mind PEOPLE LIE and they have reason TO lie. xign has millions of reasons (money) to be as efficient and as perfect as possible else they don't have a PRODUCT to sell...or rather they'd have a product no one would WANT. that's what you and the rest of the "ohmagerds xign is ebil" crowd don't bother to reason out.

    among other things you idiots don't bother to think about like BHS nor any other mmo publisher/developer is going to BUY 3rd party software that does NOTHING but [filtered] off their player base. why i laughed my [filtered] off when idiots were claiming "everyone can get around it" or your BS "intentional BSOD" those are called rationalizations, excuses to promote your bias. you and the rest IGNORE anything that refutes what you want to BELIEVE. reality? you and the rest DON'T care and DON'T want to know.

    ahh, the scapegoat and personal gain mentality. "xign does everything wrong/xign must be removed so i can haz cheats again".

    as to YOUR bsods? could literally be ANYTHING. and if it's xign conflicting with some other program on your system...find that other program. it's not avast lol, unless the win10 version is VASTLY different from the 7x64 version...which is as likely as xign designed to cause BSODS ROFL.
  • DeadXDeadX ✭✭✭
    Misty you're wasting your time typing trying to convince someone that doesn't want to be convinced. There's a plethora of evidence out there that xigncode is fundamentally [filtered]. I would gladly post the system logs of my boot ssd dying if it didn't wipe out my OS in the process and any record of it with it. I haven't played since then even though my system is back up and running now with 2 ssd's. I do know how to bypass xigncode, and in fact the majority of my friends still playing bypass it. It's incredibly easy to do. I just no longer agree with the companies approach and would rather not have to jump through hoops to play a simple game with out fear of my system blowing up again. The game is just another blatant cash grab now and my tongue's been burned of the taste too many times. I want to play Tera, but I just can't bring myself to log back in. I've just been keeping busy with my other hobbies.

    Even the new swimsuits don't interest me ( I'm notorious for buying costumes). I keep an eye on the forums occasionally to see if any better options have been presented but I imagine they won't and any remaining interest i have will wain. Kind of wish the game would be bought by a better company and improved, but it's running on an aging engine and there would most likely be a lot of work needed on the back end.

    as hominem kiddo, look it up. and how about PROVE your claims...AS IF. ROFL. pathetic.
  • DeadX wrote: »
    Misty you're wasting your time typing trying to convince someone that doesn't want to be convinced. There's a plethora of evidence out there that xigncode is fundamentally [filtered]. I would gladly post the system logs of my boot ssd dying if it didn't wipe out my OS in the process and any record of it with it. I haven't played since then even though my system is back up and running now with 2 ssd's. I do know how to bypass xigncode, and in fact the majority of my friends still playing bypass it. It's incredibly easy to do. I just no longer agree with the companies approach and would rather not have to jump through hoops to play a simple game with out fear of my system blowing up again. The game is just another blatant cash grab now and my tongue's been burned of the taste too many times. I want to play Tera, but I just can't bring myself to log back in. I've just been keeping busy with my other hobbies.

    Even the new swimsuits don't interest me ( I'm notorious for buying costumes). I keep an eye on the forums occasionally to see if any better options have been presented but I imagine they won't and any remaining interest i have will wain. Kind of wish the game would be bought by a better company and improved, but it's running on an aging engine and there would most likely be a lot of work needed on the back end.

    as hominem kiddo, look it up. and how about PROVE your claims...AS IF. ROFL. pathetic.

    Can you read? Or do you just [filtered] post people for the sake of trolling? I cannot provide proof of my ssd dying, because the drive that died would be the one with the error logs. What do you want me to do, take a picture of me holding up the drive and a receipt which would prove next to nothing other than that I have a ssd laying around? I couldn't care less if you believe it or not dude. My waning interest in the game, complete disdain for Xigncode and current distrust of EME/BHS has no baring on your ability to play. Also the phrase is " Ad hominem", which is Latin for "to the man/person".

    Which, in case of argumentative terms usually means some one trying to argue with no facts, or any means to back up their claim, where in, in previous posts I'd presented my case with exactly what happened and why I have no system log to display which refutes your claim.

    Fact: My boot drive died.
    Fact: It showed no signs of issues what so ever prior to the tera update.
    Fact: It BSOD's half way through the Xigncode load bar. Then promptly would display "No boot drive detected" upon windows start up. It wouldn't even detect with the windows install usb. Though partition magic see's it ,was unable to format or correct the drive error.

    Now, I could just as easily take pictures with the old drive put back in but all those pics could easily be faked and thus would be open to skepticism, which brings me back to my point, you don't want to be convinced. No standard methods of proof would hold up too you. but I honestly don't care. It's not you I need to prove anything too, and this is just a game. I've already moved on to other things, but I'm still on the forums to see what's being done.

    Another note, I'm 33, I'm not your "kiddo". I haven't been a kid for 15 years.
  • DeadXDeadX ✭✭✭
    MistyTera wrote: »
    Let me explain how windows and anti-viruses work.

    Everyone has an option to download kernel updates from Microsoft. Now depending how it's written, if it's incompatible, it causes a system_thread_exception_not_handled with an anti-virus program.

    What does exception mean? Ok lets google....

    https://image.ibb.co/cZTe7J/exception.jpg

    Doesn't not follow a rule, meaning line of code in this case. Anti-viruses have to be updated in order to read by kernel level. Wellbia has not updated their definitions enough, therefore people have crashes. If incompatible with the anti-virus program, trying to read contents by creating page files, it creates a BSOD.

    Microsoft has been updating kernel since 2005! I googled Kernel protection from updates.

    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kernel_Patch_Protection [SOURCE I COPIED FROM LINK]

    Some computer security software, such as McAfee's McAfee VirusScan and Symantec's Norton AntiVirus, worked by patching the kernel on x86 systems. Anti-virus software authored by Kaspersky Lab has been known to make extensive use of kernel code patching on x86 editions of Windows. This kind of antivirus software will not work on computers running x64 editions of Windows because of Kernel Patch Protection.

    That's why I use Windows Defender these days, which is actually getting really good these days at catching viruses.

    ALL I'M WAITING FOR IS AN UPDATE FROM WELLBIA. If it can't be fixed? Well, it should be replaced with something better (SERVER-CLIENT PROTECTION). That's all I'm going to make as a statement.

    I want to stop the hackers as much as everyone does, but I do want to play TERA again. The problem is that many people have submitted their BSODs info to Wellbia and they haven't done a thing to fix the BSODs for people. Wellbia is the worst at support and respond only by automation.

    wow...so much STUPIDITY. let me explain to YOU howe AV's work kid.
    The first line of defense is definitions of known virii/malware, applications, dll's, scripts are compared against definitions for matches.
    then there's heuristics and behavior, if something behaves in a way matching known exploits in an OS or program it gets flagged.
    xign doesn't give a frack about virii or malware, so your BS is irrelevant, it's looking at running processes and ANY process attempting to interfere with the games executable or loaded modules as well as network traffic to and from the game servers.

    xign DOES upgrade to deal with changes to an OS same as any other anti-hack software does DUH. even though in many cases IRRELEVANT because it doesn't behave the same as an AV idiot.

    rofl, you...thinking AV's are allowed to patch MS kernel...LMAO. they don't even get the SOURCE code to be able to understand it...ROFL.

    i told you before kid trying to technobabble BS your way to an excuse is NOT GOING TO WORK.

    i should probably clarify a few more things since this is starting to feel like entrapment.
    52 retired, my work was computers and security from the early 90's on. now do you get why i laugh at you? why i laugh at the rest of the mental midgets on this thread whining about xign that DON'T have a legitimate issue and just want the anti-hack removed so they can get their cheats back? even if you DO have an issue you have no famn clue what you're talking about beyond making ASSUMPTIONS.
  • DeadXDeadX ✭✭✭
    DeadX wrote: »
    Misty you're wasting your time typing trying to convince someone that doesn't want to be convinced. There's a plethora of evidence out there that xigncode is fundamentally [filtered]. I would gladly post the system logs of my boot ssd dying if it didn't wipe out my OS in the process and any record of it with it. I haven't played since then even though my system is back up and running now with 2 ssd's. I do know how to bypass xigncode, and in fact the majority of my friends still playing bypass it. It's incredibly easy to do. I just no longer agree with the companies approach and would rather not have to jump through hoops to play a simple game with out fear of my system blowing up again. The game is just another blatant cash grab now and my tongue's been burned of the taste too many times. I want to play Tera, but I just can't bring myself to log back in. I've just been keeping busy with my other hobbies.

    Even the new swimsuits don't interest me ( I'm notorious for buying costumes). I keep an eye on the forums occasionally to see if any better options have been presented but I imagine they won't and any remaining interest i have will wain. Kind of wish the game would be bought by a better company and improved, but it's running on an aging engine and there would most likely be a lot of work needed on the back end.

    as hominem kiddo, look it up. and how about PROVE your claims...AS IF. ROFL. pathetic.

    Can you read? Or do you just [filtered] post people for the sake of trolling? I cannot provide proof of my ssd dying, because the drive that died would be the one with the error logs. What do you want me to do, take a picture of me holding up the drive and a receipt which would prove next to nothing other than that I have a ssd laying around? I couldn't care less if you believe it or not dude. My waning interest in the game, complete disdain for Xigncode and current distrust of EME/BHS has no baring on your ability to play. Also the phrase is " Ad hominem", which is Latin for "to the man/person".

    Which, in case of argumentative terms usually means some one trying to argue with no facts, or any means to back up their claim, where in, in previous posts I'd presented my case with exactly what happened and why I have no system log to display which refutes your claim.

    Fact: My boot drive died.
    Fact: It showed no signs of issues what so ever prior to the tera update.
    Fact: It BSOD's half way through the Xigncode load bar. Then promptly would display "No boot drive detected" upon windows start up. It wouldn't even detect with the windows install usb. Though partition magic see's it ,was unable to format or correct the drive error.

    Now, I could just as easily take pictures with the old drive put back in but all those pics could easily be faked and thus would be open to skepticism, which brings me back to my point, you don't want to be convinced. No standard methods of proof would hold up too you. but I honestly don't care. It's not you I need to prove anything too, and this is just a game. I've already moved on to other things, but I'm still on the forums to see what's being done.

    Another note, I'm 33, I'm not your "kiddo". I haven't been a kid for 15 years.

    yeah you're a kiddo...kids jump to conclusions with no evidence kiddo.
    protip:correlation is not causation
    ssd'd DIE, and can do so from a variety of reasons...and they can do so WITHOUT warning. fact of life KID. they'll most OFTEN fail when being USED and on system boot.

    now if xign was a ssd KILLER as you claim then you most certainly wouldn't have been the only one affected...that's called LOGIC...try it sometime.
This discussion has been closed.