[PS4/XB1] We will be entering into maintenance downtime on 11/18 at 6pm PST. For details, please visit the following thread: http://bit.ly/teraconsolemaintenance

Are you thinking about merging servers EME ?

Hi @KitTeaCup @CobaltDragon Ever thought about merging servers u and ur buddys of EME BHS? TR AND AV O FF AND MT? CH I have no idea how many people have but ff av ch are a little lonely and that bores the players

Comments

• StitchedSoulStitchedSoul ✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2018
    They already gave answer many times - they wont merge.

Ktera develops(or planning) to do cross lfg which will solve some troubles as they think.
  • BabbelsimBabbelsim ✭✭✭
    I get it its a big hassle to deal with a server merge, all those people complaining about losing names and even full characters because there is not enough room for all of them so they will have to delete some and if those characters are high geard with alot of cosmetics, thats got to be a painful decision.

On the other hand, more people on your new server playing is very nice and less servers to maintain for EME which will also cost less for them to do so.
  • OPrideOPride ✭✭
    The servers always say high population for me most of the time, is that like a lie? XD
  • OPrideOPride ✭✭
    edited July 2018
    Equitas wrote: »
    Long story short: Yes, it's a lie.

Okay that makes sense. I started playing on Celestial Hills and while there's players around, it doesn't seem 'high' by any standards I knew.
  • tisnotmetisnotme ✭✭✭✭
    oh look , new month (barely) and new merge servers thread already
  • voidyvoidy ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2018
    They're not going to, even if they should in the game's current state. Threads are gonna keep being made because anyone on FF, AV, or CH hates that it takes way longer to do *anything* on those servers than it does on MT or TR. Want to sell an item? Gonna take time unless it's talents. Want to buy an out of season costume? Gonna take HELLA time, and I hope you're ready to spam lfg/trade chat all day too. There've been times where I've wanted a costume that had been removed from the cash shop, so I couldn't purchase it directly (and I would have, if I'd had the option. Way to go with that decision). I'd spend weeks, literally weeks checking the broker, checking recent sales, nothing. All on CH. Then I'd hop onto my MT alt and sure enough, there it is. Not just one person selling it either, but multiple pages of it. Expediency is the difference between a living server and a dead one; the ability to say "I want X," where X is anything from an LFG to run practice AAHM runs with to an out of season costume, and having that desire satisfied now, or in 2 hours from now, or maybe 2 weeks from now, or 2 months.

I think if server population were truly a concern for EME, they would stop allowing players to freely exit their dying worlds for MT/TR and block those populated servers off for at least the next 6 months. Just be like "TR/MT: Nobody goes in." Then, they would create massive discounts for world transfers FROM MT/TR going into CH, AV, and FF, along with other incentives (like allowing them to carry over more items) to give players from big worlds incentives to uproot and grow in a smaller place while contributing positively to that world's economy. I've played other games that did this, and it actually helped as a band-aid solution until they were finally allowed to just do a genuine server merge. If we're being real, they probably don't block off TR/MT because immigration into those servers make up the bulk of the server transfer sales. Like, why would you pay to move to FF, lol. Sad if true, but understandable from a short term profit perspective.

Legit though, people leave every day over this, it's so bad from a long term point of view. I love this game and manage a dying guild here and all we want to do is clear content but LFG takes forever when we have to fill a spot (which happens a lot now, since most of the guild quit), the broker sucks for just about anything you can think of, there's barely any point in getting online to deal with it, and if I were rich enough I'd just uproot the whole guild to TR. But I'm not, so instead I get burned out and play other stuff, and so does everyone else.
  • allofspaceandtimeallofspaceandtime ✭✭✭✭✭
    tisnotme wrote: »
    oh look , new month (barely) and new merge servers thread already

expect the " name wipe " post within the new couple of days also
  • SageWinduSageWindu High Seat of the Jedi Council ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, I can't say for anyone else, but increasing the population density via a server merge won't get me to play the game more. As I stated in a similar thread some months prior, my enjoyment of the game has nothing to do with other players - or the lack thereof - and everything to do with specific elements in the game's design.
  • kamizumakamizuma ✭✭✭✭
    what do i do with my 80+ characters?
  • vkobevkobe ✭✭✭✭✭
    kamizuma wrote: »

sell your avatar :3
  • KillerPenguinsKillerPenguins ✭✭✭✭
    Every server is dead, 5 dead servers merging will not really make a difference. EME just needs to learn how to manage the game and people will still come back despite the years of abuse we've faced.
  • kamizumakamizuma ✭✭✭✭
    Equitas wrote: »
    kamizuma wrote: »

Same thing we do with your desperate need for validation: deal with it.

why do i need validation ?