[PC] We will be entering into maintenance on 03/25 (Wed) at 8:00 am PST, and will have an estimated downtime of approximately 3 hours. For details, please visit the following link: http://bit.ly/terapcmaintenance

SUMMER FESTIVAL TOKEN NERF!!?

Comments

• Equitas wrote: »
    I feel this is misrepresenting the overall argument.
    This year's event ... could be immensely improved if they just gave smart boxes

You were saying something about me misrepresenting the argument?

I felt I was being clear enough but perhaps not.

I did not mean guaranteed smartboxes as rewards, but rather, on the low chance that you get a costume instead of an accessory, that the reward be a box. Not a random race/gender combo.
  • KXRC9JMW74KXRC9JMW74 ✭✭✭
    Any one who thinks the prizes don't make the game fun then just think "No prizes stop all games because then no one will play in the events"
    We have events to take the every day same thing grind and when we get prizes worth our effort we are happy. Seems too many people and EME don'
    t want happy players.

Stop all events
  • ElinUsagiElinUsagi ✭✭✭✭✭
    KXRC9JMW74 wrote: »
    Any one who thinks the prizes don't make the game fun then just think "No prizes stop all games because then no one will play in the events"
    We have events to take the every day same thing grind and when we get prizes worth our effort we are happy. Seems too many people and EME don'
    t want happy players.

Stop all events

Probably a reason why EME didnt give smart boxes in this event is becuase many people using alts to abuse rewards from them, like in past events, making their sales go down a lot for those items in the cash shop.

Yet you will see here people that thinks a company can exist out of charity.
  • ZoknahalZoknahal ✭✭✭✭✭
    ElinUsagi wrote: »

I would like to introduce you to a little Canadian studio called Digital Extremes.

Zoknahal wrote: »

I would like to introduce you to a little Canadian studio called Digital Extremes.

You mean the canadian studio that was sold to a chinese company?
  • SageWinduSageWindu High Seat of the Jedi Council ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2018

Who then was given the deal of "Hey, just do these few things for us, and then you guys can do your thing."

Which, allegedly, is how we got the frames Nezha and Wukong.

Also:
    t want happy players.

Stop all events

Probably a reason why EME didnt give smart boxes in this event is becuase many people using alts to abuse rewards from them, like in past events, making their sales go down a lot for those items in the cash shop.

This just smacks of naivety, and that coming from me is saying a bit. Of course people are going to try and exploit the system (hell, you can see this in party comps for dungeons). Or did you conveniently forget the few posts before yours bringing up GF tokens and someone talking about making 20k in a single session. You need alts in order to pull that off.

Need more evidence? Let me remind you of a few little things called the Vanarchy system and the Crusades.
    SageWindu wrote: »
    Need more evidence? Let me remind you of a few little things called the Vanarchy system and the Crusades.

Yes, and they are long gone for good.
  • ZoknahalZoknahal ✭✭✭✭✭

You missed the point, but ill lay it here for you.

Digital Extremes, or DE for short, is a Canadian studio that runs on barely 250 people, and they have one of THE MOST successful games ever made to date, called Warframe, yes, that game those same Chinese companies and others confirmed it would fail, and here it is, after 5 years, defeating all of the odds against, by doing what they thought was the right thing to do.

And just like any other business, yeah, it cannot live out of charity, but its the ONLY studio/company out there that do not prey on its players wallets. They are probably the only studio out there that puts to shame every single studio, company and publisher that use and abuse the loot box system. They simply dont. They learned from their mistakes, and knew it was wrong, so they removed it completely from their business model.

This people do not cater to our wallets, they want us to truly have a fun experience in Warframe, they want us to enjoy the game. It has created such a strong and solid relationship with the players, that when they have a sale, specifically talking the Prime Access (which i know you will pick on) it doesn't feel like you are wasting your money. You are giving them that money, to keep creating content, to keep making this once little game called Warframe, into a better game, something you can come back even after having beaten the game literally.

Warframe does it right when it comes to fun and rewarding. Be it that you play for fun or the rewards, they are both balanced, and when they sell stuff, they simply just give it to you straight, no RNG bs involved. You pay for what you wanna buy.

Contrary to what EME did on this event, they keep preying on the players wallet, and ignore our comments and feedback. At least Spacecats knew and realized this, and to make up for it, he made the summer event last year the more fun when the rewards got adjusted, and everyone loved it. You may have felt like grinding, but in the process, you were getting rewarded, and thus, you were having fun.

But this? this is both, not fun and not rewarding.
    edited July 2018

The event is doing the same activities like it was last year, if its not fun now then it wasnt fun before, you are saying that fun is tied only by rewards then I think the "Claw and Order" event from EME was just as bad or even worst than this, right?

The event is doing the same activities like it was last year, if its not fun now then it wasnt fun before, you are saying that fun is tied only by rewards then I think the "Claw and Order" event from EME was just as bad or even worst than this, right?

I don't think anyone is disputing that at this point (can't say for "Claw and Order" as I've never participated in that). In fact, someone on the previous page made this exact argument:
    kamizuma wrote: »
    funny how literally the same content is seen as "incredibly fun" or "not very fun" based solely on the rewards.

Well yeah, it's not like the summer quests and minigames are enjoyable, challenging or interesting. So you need the reward carrot to grind through doing them or else there'd be no point (unless you want Loremaster.)

And it was "fun" in a "wow gee I'm getting a lot of costumes and accessories I can use for not much effort" kind of way. And some were pretty good costumes to have. This directly leads into broker shenanigans so I don't think I need to explain further.

So yes, it was fun (unless you're a broker hoarder, perhaps) even if it was way too generous.

I haven't seen too many people disagree with this so far.
    Also, I just realized something: the cash shop Summer Boxes are fundamentally the same as last year, right? That means there's a layer of RNG the cash shop DOES NOT HAVE compared to its current in-game counterpart. Think about that for a moment.
    SageWindu wrote: »
    I haven't seen too many people disagree with this so far.

The only thing that I could agree with most people here is that the event could have gave a direct way to get a desired reward for players, making it as grindy as it is now but letting people chose what they want to get (aside from consumables that I think they have a fair cost).

That's why I even suggested to give tokens on vanduard daily rewards from dungeons and in a good amount from those that are 4 and 5 stars, because we not only need people doing the summer event but we also need people to keep focusing in the current content that needs team work to be done.
  • ChristinChristin ✭✭✭✭
    t want happy players.

Stop all events

Your logic is always so amusing! So a character based swimsuit is better, because it doesn't compete with Tera's cash shop? More like the value of the swimsuits will plummet now, because people will just sell them for cheap to get rid of them. Kami will buy them all up and nothing much will change. Do you really have any idea of how many suits people still have stock piled away? I can't imagine people really ever spent a lot on suits anyways. Not once did I ever want to buy EMP for an older swimsuit costume.

BTW, you all act like using alts is cheating! How is it cheating? Where in this flipping game does it or has it ever stated that the events were to only be used by one character? There is nothing wrong with buying character slots and creating more characters. It's not cheating nor is it abusing the game WHATSOEVER! So please stop your constant attack on people with alts, because it's getting old.

Well, I guess we'll see if this new tactic works. No doubt as soon as people realized they were going to have to grind for a swimsuit, they got out their plastic and swiped. No doubt EME has already seen their sales soar to new levels, and after the celebration, Sean can take them all out for Dairy Queen.
This discussion has been closed.