Anyone else getting the 0xE019100B error from XIGNCODE?

124»

Answers

• Peorth wrote: »
    RandomElin wrote: »
    May want to try sending a support ticket to EME if you haven't already. If I recall correctly, you run linux. I know EME doesn't officially support linux, but letting them know that they do have some linux users in their player base may help influence how they handle the xigncode fallout.
    Eme customer support was fast and willing as always, but they can't do anything about XC. That's solely handled by wellbia.
    Since this isn't really a Tera problem, Tera runs fine under linux, CS can't do anything for me so I'm [filtered] out of luck.

Wellbia support doesn't answer emails. Got no response from them.

Looks like a loss cause at this point. I suspect EME would rather run TERA NA into the ground than remove xigncode. I may be wrong about that, though.

May want to consider TERA EU since it is xigncode-free. I already registered an account. I'll probably delete my wine bottle for TERA NA later today. The initial patching of TERA EU will be annoying for me since my internet connection is so slow. Probably will take a few additional days after install for me to get it up and running. That is one of the reasons I was hoping EME's response to the fallout would be to just remove xigncode.
  • KillerPenguinsKillerPenguins ✭✭✭✭
    Looks like a loss cause at this point. I suspect EME would rather run TERA NA into the ground than remove xigncode. I may be wrong about that, though.

May want to consider TERA EU since it is xigncode-free. I already registered an account. I'll probably delete my wine bottle for TERA NA later today. The initial patching of TERA EU will be annoying for me since my internet connection is so slow. Probably will take a few additional days after install for me to get it up and running. That is one of the reasons I was hoping EME's response to the fallout would be to just remove xigncode.

Xigncode is so easy to bypass that I don't really see it killing TERA.. you can literally just replace two files every major patch and xigncode won't even
    try to start - you could do that on linux and most likely play just fine.. it just bothers me because one of the primary methods people are using to bypass it is also the most popular cheat tool, so people who never cheated before are now installing the utility that makes it much easier to cheat.
  • RandomElin wrote: »

Xigncode is so easy to bypass that I don't really see it killing TERA.. you can literally just replace two files every major patch and xigncode won't even
    try to start - you could do that on linux and most likely play just fine.. it just bothers me because one of the primary methods people are using to bypass it is also the most popular cheat tool, so people who never cheated before are now installing the utility that makes it much easier to cheat.

I suspect EME would ban players they catch using a bypass since bypassing xigncode basically counts as cheating at this point. If they decide to crack down on it, I suspect lots would wind up banned. Not worth it to me since TERA EU is xigncode-free. Honestly, though, I'm kind of surprised by the reports of the drop in the player base. Either xigncode wrecked the game experience for lots more players than expected, or a larger proportion of players chose to leave instead of bypassing xigncode then expected.
  • KillerPenguinsKillerPenguins ✭✭✭✭

I suspect EME would ban players they catch using a bypass since bypassing xigncode basically counts as cheating at this point. If they decide to crack down on it, I suspect lots would wind up banned. Not worth it to me since TERA EU is xigncode-free. Honestly, though, I'm kind of surprised by the reports of the drop in the player base. Either xigncode wrecked the game experience for lots more players than expected, or a larger proportion of players chose to leave instead of bypassing xigncode then expected.

EME has no way of detecting the people have bypassed xigncode - their clients are happily reporting that xigncode is running and that there are no cheats present. I suspect the large drop in the playerbase is mainly the more casual players, who aren't willing to install 3rd party programs just to play tera. I'm guessing that because I see a lot of the afk spots are less populated, but most of the people who run dungeons still are. Also, even if xigncode wasn't there, this patch is super buggy/laggy/desync-y thanks to the gold star programming from our friends over at BHS. Same thing happened in korea when they "optimized" stuff.

EME has no way of detecting the people have bypassed xigncode - their clients are happily reporting that xigncode is running and that there are no cheats present. I suspect the large drop in the playerbase is mainly the more casual players, who aren't willing to install 3rd party programs just to play tera. I'm guessing that because I see a lot of the afk spots are less populated, but most of the people who run dungeons still are. Also, even if xigncode wasn't there, this patch is super buggy/laggy/desync-y thanks to the gold star programming from our friends over at BHS. Same thing happened in korea when they "optimized" stuff.

Since the bypass requires replacing at least one file, I suspect the launcher could be updated to detect the bypass easily enough, though. If this check was done immediately prior to the launcher starting the client, it would be even harder to avoid. As I see it, the bypass could be cracked down on if they decided to crack down on it.
  • Ever since the Xingcode it takes my game 2-3 times longer to boot up. I understand that is because of the Wellbia additional software. I understand wanting anti cheat rules. I want to play a fair game with other players but this software is horrible. This Xingcode is NOT the way. Find something better, faster, doesn't interrupt with security, and doesn't take my info to try and sell me products!
    Since the bypass requires replacing at least one file, I suspect the launcher could be updated to detect the bypass easily enough, though. If this check was done immediately prior to the launcher starting the client, it would be even harder to avoid. As I see it, the bypass could be cracked down on if they decided to crack down on it.

I think you're giving them far too much credit. At this point, I'm fairly convinced the ones coding the bypass are much smarter than anyone at BHS. Plus Xingcode is junk software that seemingly can't even detect the most basic of cheats.
  • DL7MMWLJ3WDL7MMWLJ3W ✭✭✭✭
    Nope, I'm using other resources and I'm not having any errors at all. HMMMM I WONDER WHY?!

but the horrible ping spikes last night didn't motivate me to continue playing. So I guess once you get your xigncode issues fixed, you still have to deal with EME's horrible servers. lol