[TERA PC & Console] En Masse is closing, but TERA lives on! We will continue to support TERA PC (NA) and TERA Console until services are transferred. Our Service Moving Info page is now live here: https://bit.ly/tera_service_moving

why is fwc 95% always one sided?

Yes, i'm well aware in rare cases fwc games can be neck to neck but majority of the time i'm being camped in base or swimming with the fishes with the rest of my team. Why can't it more more like corsairs? Whats wrong with having equalized gear in fwc? I believe fwc would be more fun if it was equalized.

Comments

• ElinUsagiElinUsagi ✭✭✭✭✭
    Beause some PvEers that selft claimed to be PvPers wanna do PvP with PvE gear.
  • and before anyone says anything my item level is 452.
  • CornishRexCornishRex ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't really want equalized gear in fwc, it's absolute cancer. Huge cd's, lack of attack speed... it makes the game feel less fun.
    However what I do wish is that teams themselves were equalized better, as it is now I feel like one side always gets the full sync queue while the other side is full of monkeys.
    Only about 30% games I play are not completely onesided.
  • DigivolveDigivolve ✭✭✭✭
    Sync queers
  • CornishRex wrote: »
    I don't really want equalized gear in fwc, it's absolute cancer. Huge cd's, lack of attack speed... it makes the game feel less fun.
    However what I do wish is that teams themselves were equalized better, as it is now I feel like one side always gets the full sync queue while the other side is full of monkeys.

you can sync queue all you want with equalized gear though. :anguished:
  • instead of going through all of the hassle of finding a better algorithm matchmaking just slap on equalized gear.
  • CornishRexCornishRex ✭✭✭✭✭
    AMFKKM74E7 wrote: »
    CornishRex wrote: »

Err, by saying equalized teams I meant equalized in terms of ranks. So one side wouldn't have 5 1200s+ and the other side would have none or something along those lines.

Equalized gear is a bad idea, and besides, you have cs if you really love to feel slow and weak! Let one bg be fun at least.
  • CornishRex wrote: »
    AMFKKM74E7 wrote: »
    CornishRex wrote: »

Err, by saying equalized teams I meant equalized in terms of ranks. So one side wouldn't have 5 1200s+ and the other side would have none or something along those lines.

Equalized gear is a bad idea, and besides, you have cs if you really love to feel slow and weak! Let one bg be fun at least.

I do agree with the whole ranking matchmaking but that would require a lot more work than to give us equalized gear i believe. What if Equalized gear was full +9 stormcry and if you had heroic oath than you would use that? There is not much of a difference in those two compared to the EQ gear we have now to full +9 sc.
  • AbstractCHAbstractCH ✭✭✭
    Sync queers, that’s your answer.
  • JXE5356AKEJXE5356AKE ✭✭✭
    Back when FWC was fully equalized games would still be one sided if you ran into a skilled sync.
  • fwc isn’t fun when you know your team won 30secs into the match.
  • > @CornishRex said:
    > AMFKKM74E7 wrote: »
    >
    > CornishRex wrote: »
    >
    > I don't really want equalized gear in fwc, it's absolute cancer. Huge cd's, lack of attack speed... it makes the game feel less fun.
    > However what I do wish is that teams themselves were equalized better, as it is now I feel like one side always gets the full sync queue while the other side is full of monkeys.
    > Only about 30% games I play are not completely onesided.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > you can sync queue all you want with equalized gear though. :anguished:
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Err, by saying equalized teams I meant equalized in terms of ranks. So one side wouldn't have 5 1200s+ and the other side would have none or something along those lines.
    >
    > Equalized gear is a bad idea, and besides, you have cs if you really love to feel slow and weak! Let one bg be fun at least.

CS is so much funner than fwc. Wym
  • KoikoiKoikoi ✭✭✭
    How gear is setup right now in FWC is perfectly fine. Below a certain ilvl you go equalized, above you use your own.

The problem lays with how the match making works, or doesn't work rather.

As of right now the match making system just throws whoever queues into a line onto teams, with zero thought on how it's making raid comps.

DPS and Tanks are all mixed together in the queue. You can have games with 0 tanks vs 3 brawlers and 2 lancers.
    I have seen games with 4 berserkers vs 4 reapers, it's absolutely horrible.
    Healers are the only thing that gets divided properly, and even then you can have 4 mystics vs 4 priests.

What needs to happen is the match making gets tweaked so you have a proper amount of dps, tanks with mystic/priests balanced.

Item lvl of gear should also count on what raid you are placed, along with current ranking.

Then that would almost solve the current problem with full sync teams vs equalized/no experience teams.

• Koikoi wrote: »
    How gear is setup right now in FWC is perfectly fine. Below a certain ilvl you go equalized, above you use your own.

The problem lays with how the match making works, or doesn't work rather.

As of right now the match making system just throws whoever queues into a line onto teams, with zero thought on how it's making raid comps.

DPS and Tanks are all mixed together in the queue. You can have games with 0 tanks vs 3 brawlers and 2 lancers.
    I have seen games with 4 berserkers vs 4 reapers, it's absolutely horrible.
    Healers are the only thing that gets divided properly, and even then you can have 4 mystics vs 4 priests.

What needs to happen is the match making gets tweaked so you have a proper amount of dps, tanks with mystic/priests balanced.

Item lvl of gear should also count on what raid you are placed, along with current ranking.

Then that would almost solve the current problem with full sync teams vs equalized/no experience teams.

i completely agree with you. Just something needs to be honestly done.
  • Digivolve wrote: »
    Sync queers

This x 9000