[TERA Console] Maintenance to deploy the v86.01 update is scheduled for Monday, September 14 at 7 p.m. PT. Patch notes: http://bit.ly/terac_v86
[TERA PC & Console] En Masse is closing, but TERA lives on! We will continue to support TERA PC (NA) and TERA Console until services are transferred. Our Service Moving Info page is now live here: https://bit.ly/tera_service_moving

How do you evade certain mechanics like baby spider or kaprima ritual?

I've seen groups of people not getting 1-shot after the baby spider pull and I've also seen people just staying outside and not recieving damage when Kaprima performs the ritual.
Both would be really good to know for some feats. I'm assuming it has something to do with debuffing or cleansing. Can someone explain how it exactly works?

Comments

• CornishRexCornishRex ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kaprima one-shot is iframeable the moment she lands, gets easier with practice.
    I'm pretty sure healers can avoid pull with guardian sanctuary and corruption ring and anyone can avoid it by jumping but you should never get to the pull in the first place.
  • KY36MW5HCDKY36MW5HCD ✭✭
    edited July 2018
    The little spider appears, you have a counter 0-100 , when 100 you dead, you have to lure little spider near one egg when counter is 70-80 not before, doing that you have enough eggs/time to beat boss.......now with special bonus is easier than before
  • For the little spider. If you start jumping right as it is about to pull you in. It will just knock you on the ground and not pull you in.

For vaults if you time your I frame right as he is about to land in the middle at the end of the ritual you will avoid the one shot.
  • LucyKosakiLucyKosaki ✭✭
    edited July 2018
    PXMJG3T9RK wrote: »
    For the little spider. If you start jumping right as it is about to pull you in. It will just knock you on the ground and not pull you in.

For vaults if you time your I frame right as he is about to land in the middle at the end of the ritual you will avoid the one shot.

Ah, thanks alot! That will be really useful for Kaprima 3 minute and RM HM 5 egg feat attempt.

Regarding the spider, is there any other method? Because I've seen me and others getting pulled, but not die. Or the pull doesn't even happening. Here's a video: www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wh-lEmf-dWs

Bar reaches 100% at 3:10, pull occurs, spider just walks away.
    Second pull at 3:40, only 2 people died, I could just jump out (normally doesn't work)
    5:15, bar completely fills, but no pull at all
  • PXMJG3T9RKPXMJG3T9RK ✭✭
    edited July 2018
    I don't know the name of the ability. But if you are running with a priest. The priest has a skill that drops all aggro. It will cause the spider to pull in but it won't one shot you. You can also time tenacity to prevent pulls as well.

I play on orisk xbox. We completed the hardmode 5 eggs with archer,sorc, and warrior. The archers abilitys seem to have the highest chance to knock down the boss when it is doing the pull ins. With the last patch the little spider doesn't seem to glitch as often as well.

With the buffs we received to dungeons we are able to have 5 or 6 eggs left while burning the boss.
  • So one thing that none of you seem to understand about the baby spider is it has "hidden aggro" that targets the person with the lowest aggro to the boss, What this is meant to do is make the spider instinctively try to kill the healer in the group when it pulls. IF you have one healer, and they DO NOT get pulled then the spider just runs off without attacking, to try and kill the healer instead. This can happen one of two ways when the pull happens, first, with priest you have to jump to avoid getting pulled because your "anti-pull" ability does not stop the pull, second would be with a mystic and them using their anti-pull because that one actually works. Then the spider just runs after the healer instead of attacking the group when they pull.
  • What Blaine means is that once the spider goes aggressive and does its pull it -then- goes after the healer. If the healer got pulled...goodbye. If not it'll run after the healer. He did not mean the spider will initially target the healer.

@BlaineHall Kaia's Shield does not work for the pull, Guardian Sanctuary, however, will. They don't have to rely on jump.
  • The most consistent way to not get 1 shot by the spider in ruinous manor is by having the "stun duration reduced by 10%" rolls on your earrings, you can literally just walk away before it does the fang strike to kill you.