[PS4/XB1] We will be entering into maintenance downtime on 10/21 at 7pm PDT, and have an expected downtime of 3 hours. For details, please visit the following link: http://bit.ly/teraconsolemaintenance

Lancer Month & Lore Loading Screen Contest

Hey TERA fans, we’ve got another loading screen contest starting Sunday, July 1. This time out, we’re going to focus on the history of the lancer, as told by Primus Daarran, an amani drill instructor with a…unique conversational style.

Level up a lancer in July, and Daarran will send you history lessons as you hit certain leveling milestones! Turn his words into your art, and we’ll make some more history as the origins of the lancer will be depicted on screen for the very first time!

We’re looking for the best piece of art for each of Daarran’s lessons, 12 loading screens in total. Ideally, you’ll find that one part of the lancer’s story that really resonates with you for your entry—the simpler the better. Submit your potential loading screens (1920×1200.png) as an attachment to [email protected] by Friday, July 20 at 11:59 p.m. PDT. (Standard contest rules apply.)

You must consent to our privacy policy by including the line "I accept your privacy policy" in the body of your emailed submission, or we are not allowed to keep or consider your submission. We'll only use your character name, server name, and email address for the sake of this contest.

Comments

• Will the other rewards from leveling the lancer be posted?
  • Hi!

I promised I would do this for this month as well, however, moving forward I want to let you all know that I'll just be announcing when the event starts, but will no longer post what the rewards are. Thanks for understanding!

-Milestone Level Rewards-
    Level 3
    Blaze (30 Days)
    Dragonette (30 Days)
    Fortified Basic Innerwear (30 Days)

Level 12
    Headband Hairstyle Box
    Complete Veteran Crystalbind

Level 20
    Fashion Coupon
    Chromatic Kkultteok Plate (7 Days)

Level 30
    Strong Bravery Potion
    Cutter (7 day)

Level 35
    Strong Bravery Potion
    Valkyon Health Potion
    Kingsguard (7-day)

Level 40
    Elite Status Voucher (1-day)
    Experience Points (Level 40)
    Strongbox Key
    Fashion Coupon

Level 45
    Experience Points (Level 45)
    Valkyon Health Potion
    Sirocco (7-day)

Level 50
    Experience Points (Level 50)
    Strongbox Key
    Shish Kebab (7-day)

Level 55
    Feast
    Flying Skill: Tempest (7-day)
    Dragon Firework Powderkeg
    500g

Level 60
    Strong Bravery Potion
    Apothecary Dye
    Strongbox Key
    Fashion Coupon
    Valkyon Health Potion
    Feast
    750g

Level 65
    Twistshard Lance
    Smart Dyad Niveot Structure
    Silver Talent
    Golden Talent
    Twistshard Lancer Hauberk
    Twistshard Gauntlets
    Twistshard Greaves
    Twistshard Belt
    Noctenium Infusion x1,000 Crate
    Alpha Instance Reset Scroll
    Beta Instance Reset Scroll
    Emerald
    1000g
  • JXE5356AKEJXE5356AKE ✭✭✭
    Are the twistshard armor pieces going to be randomly rolled stats again? We get more ilvl using guardian gear with properly rolled lines, so the pieces aren't really helping players get into the next tier of dungeons. You're also not teaching new players how to choose the right stats.
  • DL7MMWLJ3WDL7MMWLJ3W ✭✭✭✭
    JXE5356AKE wrote: »
    Are the twistshard armor pieces going to be randomly rolled stats again? We get more ilvl using guardian gear with properly rolled lines, so the pieces aren't really helping players get into the next tier of dungeons. You're also not teaching new players how to choose the right stats.

It just further proves my point that we have a publisher that has no idea about the game, at all.

If I was a smart employee working for a game company, I would put forth the effort into putting awards that makes sense to me and the playerbase by playing end-game content. Or if I suck at earning knowledge of this game when I have a player counsel, I would make this post private to share with the player council to check on their advice and I'm sure there's got to be at least one person with a brain that would point out the flaws behind these reward list.

Oh, but perhaps EME and even the player counsel thinks the level 65 reward is fine? sigh... Allow me to explain how you run business from a mere and simple player such as myself then...

*ahem* now pay attention:

Put Semi-Engimatic Scrolls as level 65 rewards to teach players that you can re-roll gear with this item. Also I'm not sure why they bother putting a smart dyad because you should only equip a smart dyad crystal when you reach Stormcry gear. Yet another example of EME not knowing what they are doing. And lastly, they list Silver and Golden Talent but never specify how many you'll get unless they are trolling and just giving 1 of each.
  • DL7MMWLJ3W wrote: »
    JXE5356AKE wrote: »

It just further proves my point that we have a publisher that has no idea about the game, at all.

If I was a smart employee working for a game company, I would put forth the effort into putting awards that makes sense to me and the playerbase by playing end-game content. Or if I suck at earning knowledge of this game when I have a player counsel, I would make this post private to share with the player council to check on their advice and I'm sure there's got to be at least one person with a brain that would point out the flaws behind these reward list.

Oh, but perhaps EME and even the player counsel thinks the level 65 reward is fine? sigh... Allow me to explain how you run business from a mere and simple player such as myself then...

*ahem* now pay attention:

Put Semi-Engimatic Scrolls as level 65 rewards to teach players that you can re-roll gear with this item. Also I'm not sure why they bother putting a smart dyad because you should only equip a smart dyad crystal when you reach Stormcry gear. Yet another example of EME not knowing what they are doing. And lastly, they list Silver and Golden Talent but never specify how many you'll get unless they are trolling and just giving 1 of each.

Yes please give us Semi Enigmatics instead of Dyads... I did the gunner level up event and the free Twist Shard gear had rolls that were so bad that I decided to just level up a new set from Guardian Gear so that I didn't have to burn Semis for the optimal rolls.
  • Or give us the Enigmatic version of the Twistshard gear
  • CatservantCatservant ✭✭✭✭
    Please, probably too late for this event, but enigmatic for next month level up event?
  • They gave twistshard with terrible rolls again, what a joke. Imagine a new player getting those rolls and thinking : hmm so thats what I need . lmao
  • DL7MMWLJ3WDL7MMWLJ3W ✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2018
    Yes please give us Semi Enigmatics instead of Dyads... I did the gunner level up event and the free Twist Shard gear had rolls that were so bad that I decided to just level up a new set from Guardian Gear so that I didn't have to burn Semis for the optimal rolls.
    Wow that's absolutely disgusting, but you absolutely did the right thing since better rolls is better.

Well, I've given them ideas for free where they could make it up for next month's class leveling event, but I'm not holding my breath though.

Sad to say that they are being too greedy by nerfing the elite voucher 7-days that we had during the Brawler leveling event. It actually made me level a Brawler just for that but they killed it with this one.
  • So, if we wanna enter the loading screen contest, we gotta lvl a lancer to get the theme?
    That's a bit.. burocratic don't you think? I already have a lvl 65 lancer, I don't see why I should lvl another one.
    If someone IS lvling one, kindly share the lvling lore pieces I guess?

Also, is there gonna be a prize or is just enter for the sake of being featured in the loading screens?

And last, you may wanna make a webpage post about this? A lot of people interested in this don't necesarily check the forums. I love seeing tera art so I'll go ahead and share this with fellow tera artists, but maybe this time take your time to showcase all the entries during the stream that shows the winners, or like I sugested last time and got completely ignored, make a facebook album with all the entries.

I hope this time I don't get ignored.
  • edited July 2018
    i would like to point out that doing a leveling event for each class will just result in nobody being able to enter dungeons because everyone is a same class , then people will be forced to either do quests or grind mobs which is extremely boring.. PLEASE consider doing multiple classes at same time, or just get rid of class leveling system all together. ... or tell us like 2 months in advance what next classes will be so we can mentally prepare for torture of leveling a class without being able to enter in to dungeons like ever.