[TERA PC & Console] En Masse is closing, but TERA lives on! We will continue to support TERA PC (NA) and TERA Console until services are transferred. Our Service Moving Info page is now live here: https://bit.ly/tera_service_moving

What's the point of being in a PVP server if PVP is turned off everywhere?

2»

Comments

  • metagamemetagame ✭✭✭✭
    GunnaBlow wrote: »
    P.S. Stop trying to like your own comment. Wheres that thumps down button? ;)
    i liked it just to spite you :)
  • It gives no reward to do OWpvp according to the majority of the so called pvpers on MT so why bother even? They won't even que 3v3 ..
  • It gives no reward to do OWpvp according to the majority of the so called pvpers on MT so why bother even? They won't even que 3v3 ..

    its not about rewards its about having more things to do in the game other than constantly gear grinding. Its also a great way to make new friends in the game. The guilds are already extremely cliquish and its hard for new players to make friends.

    I know a lot of new people who ended up quitting Tera because they were always playing alone.
  • XristosxXristosx ✭✭✭
    edited July 2018
    GunnaBlow wrote: »
    P.S. Stop trying to like your own comment. Wheres that thumps down button? ;)

    If you actually used the forum you would realise you cant actually like your own post. But besides that what the hell does the like button matter?

    Secondly you know what open world pvp boils down to, one person annoying the other person then the other person just summoning a entire guilds worth of people on top of them to mass murder them.
    Also people sit on those spots because their safe, you basically are saying you want them to remove the safe areas? If they remove those safe areas people will just sit in another spot thats safe what part of that dont you understand. You do realise people left before that pvp change was made so it has nothing to do with it, MT had a bunch of pvp guilds, solunar, man up(from what i heard of from a friend man up is actually being a nuisance in BDO as well and people hate them on their server), manifest, Synergy, blacklist, overpower and a few others, but most of them jumped ship to a game that actually does pvp right, the only reason manifest is the main pvp guild now is because their the only proper ones left.
    It gives no reward to do OWpvp according to the majority of the so called pvpers on MT so why bother even? They won't even que 3v3 ..

    its not about rewards its about having more things to do in the game other than constantly gear grinding. Its also a great way to make new friends in the game. The guilds are already extremely cliquish and its hard for new players to make friends.

    I know a lot of new people who ended up quitting Tera because they were always playing alone.

    Harassing people in open world by ganking them is a way to make friends?....what. Hang on lemme just sit in my sand pit making a sand castle while this bully comes over and kicks over my sand castle and them punches me in the face, i really want to be his friend.

  • RanranRanran ✭✭
    edited July 2018
    metagame wrote: »
    korea only enjoys max level pvp, and we (eme) decided a while back to follow their footsteps.

    make all the accounts and threads you want, it's not coming back.

    nice strawman argument genius, but the op didn't mention pre-65 pvp at all he asked why PVP zones are being turned into safe zones for literally no reason. almost half of the previously open world pvp zones are now safe zones.
    Xristosx wrote: »
    You do realise people left before that pvp change was made so it has nothing to do with it, MT had a bunch of pvp guilds, solunar, man up(from what i heard of from a friend man up is actually being a nuisance in BDO as well and people hate them on their server), manifest, Synergy, blacklist, overpower and a few others

    You mean the Crusades patch that literally brought every single one of those guilds back to the game to GVG each other nonstop for several months before most of them decided it was too garbage to bother with so they caved in and went for pve crusades or just left the game? yeah that patch actually DID cause people to leave, not immediately but 6 months to a year after most pvp guilds started shrinking or just disappearing. every single one of those guilds actually DID come back for that patch though except blacklist.

    less safezones from gvg was a step in the right direction sort of, but scanning and teleporting ruined gvg by making it too mechanical and inorganic. ppl stopped having gvgs for fun and it became all business for crusades or a random dec that always became a 1 sided stomp because the bigger guild could bring all of its members anywhere instantly every single time. all of the gvg teleporting, friend teleporting, and any party teleport that wasn't healer summon pretty much killed gvg.

  • Xristosx wrote: »
    GunnaBlow wrote: »
    P.S. Stop trying to like your own comment. Wheres that thumps down button? ;)

    If you actually used the forum you would realise you cant actually like your own post. But besides that what the hell does the like button matter?

    Secondly you know what open world pvp boils down to, one person annoying the other person then the other person just summoning a entire guilds worth of people on top of them to mass murder them.
    Also people sit on those spots because their safe, you basically are saying you want them to remove the safe areas? If they remove those safe areas people will just sit in another spot thats safe what part of that dont you understand. You do realise people left before that pvp change was made so it has nothing to do with it, MT had a bunch of pvp guilds, solunar, man up(from what i heard of from a friend man up is actually being a nuisance in BDO as well and people hate them on their server), manifest, Synergy, blacklist, overpower and a few others, but most of them jumped ship to a game that actually does pvp right, the only reason manifest is the main pvp guild now is because their the only proper ones left.
    It gives no reward to do OWpvp according to the majority of the so called pvpers on MT so why bother even? They won't even que 3v3 ..

    its not about rewards its about having more things to do in the game other than constantly gear grinding. Its also a great way to make new friends in the game. The guilds are already extremely cliquish and its hard for new players to make friends.

    I know a lot of new people who ended up quitting Tera because they were always playing alone.

    Harassing people in open world by ganking them is a way to make friends?....what. Hang on lemme just sit in my sand pit making a sand castle while this bully comes over and kicks over my sand castle and them punches me in the face, i really want to be his friend.

    The problem is the majority of the map is safe. There's barely any open pvp anywhere. Again its not bullying or harassing if you sign up for a PVP server. Not to mention if you feel like you're being bullied or targeted, like I said before just change channels there are usually around 10 channels for you to choose from. I would love ppl to open world attack me. Otherwise I would be playing on TR. What makes playing on a pvp server different from a pve server? Absolutely nothing now. You can still GVG and queue for BGs on a pve server

    And I'm not in a large guild so I can't participate in the fun of GVG much.
  • MinazukiMinazuki ✭✭✭
    ... you should go blame those maxed lv who slaughtering new players under lv20 around lumber town area... they are one of the reason why owpvp not allowed... maybe?
    The most large open world pvp I experienced was on other mmorpg at asia server... few hundreds players and... computer freezing... server crashed = = why this owpvp happen? cause some max lv went to gank lowbie then... guilds raid = = not one but few guilds...
  • Minazuki wrote: »
    ... you should go blame those maxed lv who slaughtering new players under lv20 around lumber town area... they are one of the reason why owpvp not allowed... maybe?
    The most large open world pvp I experienced was on other mmorpg at asia server... few hundreds players and... computer freezing... server crashed = = why this owpvp happen? cause some max lv went to gank lowbie then... guilds raid = = not one but few guilds...

    well they already disabled owpvp for anyone under 65 so that should have fixed that issue...
Sign In or Register to comment.