We're having maintenance Tuesday, November 20 from 8 - 11 am PDT (three hours).

What's up with the ""Daily"" Deals

So Daily Deals were supposed to serve as a replacement for the 95% of the shop that was taken out, right?
Let's take a moment and observe the name of this shop change.

1. Daily - it's not daily at all. So far I've seen these summer items repeated for 3+ days - the striped swimsuit for $50 that was handed out for free last year.. Give us a break EME. Before the striped swimsuit we had the summer lootboxes, and after the striped swimsuit offer we had MORE summer lootboxes. Now this is where you lose me. The name is Daily which would point at some kind of a frequent change of desirable items since y'know 95% of the shop is gone, but no, instead we get stuff like this.

My suggestion is to put seasonal items like swimsuits, winter items, school items etc. into the cash shop during that specific season while rotating the lost stuff from the shop in the Daily Deals because it makes more sense. Because if during seasons we're forced to watch these overpriced items in the daily deals instead of some spicy rare ones, it will kinda suck.

2.Deals - now as far as I know, someone correct me if I'm wrong, but the deal-of-the-day system works in such a way that you'd have system where the seller offers daily discounted items so that when you see the daily offer it makes you go Wow! What a steal! and you immediately dish out money for that without a second thought. What we have right now are not deals at all, in my humble opinion. When it comes to the rare items we got so far, we got a direct to buy option which I appreciate, but the price is $50. Which on average is the price you'd pay in lootboxes, right? Which means that's not a discount at all.

I guess the reasonable version of this discount system would only function if we had the rest of our shop to work with it. Otherwise it just feels like we're being forced to buy this daily deal item cause there's like what, 5 other costumes in the store.

Since the name isn't really true to what we actually get, I offer a much more truthful name Occasional Scams
Of course, I understand Daily Deals sounds more marketable :)

Comments

• counterpointcounterpoint ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 10
    They already basically announced that, for better or worse, the month of July would be like this -- basically a "theme store" for old swimsuits. I guess the daily portion will come back in August. When it does, there are a few things I probably would do differently aside that, but anyway... this month it's apparently theme month.

And well...
    CornishRex wrote: »
    When it comes to the rare items we got so far, we got a direct to buy option which I appreciate, but the price is $50.
    Which on average is the price you'd pay in lootboxes, right? Which means that's not a discount at all.
    $40 = 4400 EMP, and these seasonal rares are 4495. You'd be pretty lucky to get a rare for ~$41 from lootboxes most of the time, so it's probably a bit below average, but without the RNG. It'd be nice if it were cheaper, but if I were just comparing lootboxes to this, I can't say objectively it's a "bad deal" in the strictest sense. The bad value in this case is mostly because of last year's event, which killed the resale value. Probably will take another year for that to recover.
  • ReChoaReChoa ✭✭✭
    edited September 30
    This is totally an amazing deal, don't you want to buy that SICK lootbox (which is just the same one given out from last year's event) for just a small price of 265 emp (10% off from the original 300 emp ) or for an EVEN MORE AMAZING deal, just TWO THOUSAND emp (30% off from THREE THOUSAND emp). I can't see why you would complain about EME giving you such wonderful prices for these amazing lootboxes that we got for free last year but still cost more than any other outfit lootbox, you're just a selfish child.

• OPrideOPride ✭✭
    I find it hilarious that you could get a real-life swimsuit of the same kind for like half the price of their digital version.
  • CornishRexCornishRex ✭✭✭✭✭
    They already basically announced that, for better or worse, the month of July would be like this -- basically a "theme store" for old swimsuits. I guess the daily portion will come back in August. When it does, there are a few things I probably would do differently aside that, but anyway... this month it's apparently theme month.

Nah I know they announced it, but it totally doesn't fit what they were supposed to be going for, kind of defeats the purpose of a daily deal system in the first place.

My guess is just general laziness (lack of manpower? idk anymore) of managing this daily system so they'll just resort to a weekly system. And honestly I would prefer a weekly deal more, with a lot more items of course.

And another thing I find amusing that @ReChoa mentioned is when we actually get a discounted item, for example the lootbox that costs 265 but we have a crossed out 300. And you know, I just look at the item and go "265 emp as opposed to what? A version of the item that didn't exist for 300 emp in the shop until they put out the discounted price? How is that a discount?".
    Just so many things in this system simply don't work as intended if we lack a shop and it's original prices lmao, so messy.
    And another thing I find amusing that @ReChoa mentioned is when we actually get a discounted item, for example the lootbox that costs 265 but we have a crossed out 300. And you know, I just look at the item and go "265 emp as opposed to what? A version of the item that didn't exist for 300 emp in the shop until they put out the discounted price? How is that a discount?".
    Just so many things in this system simply don't work as intended if we lack a shop and it's original prices lmao, so messy.

Wasn't it on the store for 300 EMP last year? Although I suppose no one bought it last year because of how easy it was to get in-game.
  • LagIncarnateLagIncarnate ✭✭✭
    The idea of "theme months" seems absurd though, solely for the fact that, if it were to continue as a trend, there's going to be far too many of them.

If we follow the trend of having theme months for seasonal cash shop sale events, we'll end up having a theme month for at least October (halloween) and December (Christmas), which is already excessive making 3 of 12 months theme months, with the potential of more.
    You could say maybe Christmas/Halloween theme deals would only last a week/fortnight, but similarly that should also apply to the summer deals.

Really it would be better to have the "theme deals" be an additional bonus, on top of regular deals. So for the summer event period, we get 3 regular deals + 2-3 summer deals. This way players looking forward to regular deals, or that don't want summer items don't get shafted for an entire month.

On a slightly off-topic, one of the things I originally had concerns about when they announced the daily deals system is annoyingly going unaddressed, which is that there's no apparent filter to prevent the same item from being placed in deals repeatedly, before other items get a chance to be placed on sale.
    Really it would be better to have the "theme deals" be an additional bonus, on top of regular deals. So for the summer event period, we get 3 regular deals + 2-3 summer deals. This way players looking forward to regular deals, or that don't want summer items don't get shafted for an entire month.

Yeah, I think this is a good idea. Could also just have two different web pages, one for "regular deals" and one for "seasonal deals" both linked on the same page, if it makes it easier to keep the UI the way it is.

As for summer, I suppose what they could have done instead is instead of a whole week for a given costume set, have it be by days of the week or something, with weekends as wildcards for people who would miss weekdays. I suspect the idea behind it is that they wanted to make sure everyone would get a chance to get the seasonal rares before they're put back in the "vault", but it does make it a bit repetitive to have the same thing all week. (I guess we might get that a bit less with the other swimsuits where there are more choices than just the three.)
  • RKCRKC ✭✭✭
    Reason for the daily deals is:

1. I hate those gold sellers bots, one of the reason why this happened.
    2. Eme loosing a lot of money because of EMP sellers and gold easier to get.
    3. EME just wants a lot of money.
    4. They just want a lot of money.
    5. PUBG sucking all the money from blue hole so tera is funding them now.
    6. They just want money.
  • kubitoidkubitoid ✭✭✭✭✭
    I offer a much more truthful name Occasional Scams
    id say Deliberate Scams
    RKC wrote: »
    Reason for the daily deals is:
    ...3. EME just wants a lot of money.
    idk how they can get 'a lot of money' thou when only few hundred ppl spend on this gaem :s
  • OPrideOPride ✭✭
    kubitoid wrote: »
    idk how they can get 'a lot of money' thou when only few hundred ppl spend on this gaem :s

That's pretty much how F2P games work. Most people play without paying a cent and they become the content for those who do end up paying some money (if a little or a lot).
    The problem of course is that EME could end up in a dangerous spiral of they keep doing things which might make those who'd be willing to toss them a little cash, annoyed to the point of not giving them anything.

But it must work as some of us do end up buying those overpriced swimsuits. But the loot-boxes are forever toxic.
  • TJKatTJKat ✭✭✭
    kubitoid wrote: »

When those "few hundred ppl" buy 3+ of a $50 costume, I'm sure it adds up pretty quickly.

But I agree with the sentiment that we're not getting any kind of deal; that since there's no other way to buy these items, what we're getting IS the regular price.

Also, if they're going to have the same theme items in the "daily deals" for an entire week, why not just put them in the cash shop for a week? Or just put ALL the swimsuits (in this case) in the cash shop for the whole month (or whatever the theme period is). And if for whatever backwards reason the cash shop isn't an option, why not have ONE theme item that's the same every day for x number of days, and then the other two items could continue to be "daily deals".
  • miskaymiskay ✭✭
    No matter what happen in Tera, is getting more empty everyday,face the reality.
  • Seems like EmE current policy is to put minimum effort into maintaining Tera. While trying to extract as much money as possible.
  • Hi @CornishRex !

Thank you for your question, here's a forum post that SeanDynamite wrote up about the summer set up for the Daily Deals: https://forums.enmasse.com/tera/discussion/27543/summer-swimwear-sales-schedule#latest

The cycle for Daily Deals will go back to normal, unless we have a special event.

As for the seasonal idea, I think that's a wonderful idea and will push it over to SeanDynamite :)

I hope this answers your question!