Dreadspire is build for `Elitist`?

So, according with these announcement :
https://forums.enmasse.com/tera/discussion/27891/dreadspire-announcements#latest

I`m really aware about these, and.. what i`m afraid has just happen,
TERA seems planing to degradated all low player into bottom of the ocean,
and i think.. thats the reason TERA not implemented 10 man dungeon anymore.

According with those announcement,
Seem to be DS would be equally with 4/5 stars dungeon,
with the rule, once time wipe = game over,
this dungeon will seek perfection beyond everything, and degradated every low and unexperience player left behind,
because player would tend to be selective and more `Elitist`.

(Elitist = According to my understanding, Elitist is an act of certain player which is tend to be superior because they have better skills, better experience, better gear, and better in everything. This behavior lead to discrimination between player, and the worst part, Elitist player tend to be `Ignorance`).

Actually i`m not whining because i`m lack competence in TERA,
but if you build so many dungeon with a high requirements,
that would be less enjoyment for community, because automatically they would selective player, stressed,
and not all player can be participated, even with decent gear.
otherwise from that.., there is no such valuable reward in higher dungeon in TERA right now,
few player thinking.. doesn't have any point to grind it.

I`m a bit `dissapointed`, but.. thats all,
nothing that i can do, since TERA was a free-to-play MMORPG,
and the game developer can do what ever they want.
More `Elitist` means more money right?

Did the game developer interested to bring back 10 man dungeon,
or maybe Dreadspire with 10 man? why not? is that hard?
well.. its seem hard for ENMASSE and BHS..

Any taught from everyone?
Did Dreadspire is build for `Elitist` player?

Comments

• CornishRexCornishRex ✭✭✭✭✭
    Low tier content is still the most profitable. Tera is far from being a game that favors elitist players.
  • EnviroBearEnviroBear ✭✭
    edited July 2018
    As they have said in the announcement thread, Dreadspire is not for everyone. There are plenty of other dungeons if you are looking for an easier clear. It is only natural for people to only pick the very best to be on their own team for this extremely difficult challenge.

Besides, everyone has the same number of entries to Dreadspire every day (not counting elite status) so you are not at a disadvantage if you are unskilled or undergeared. Nothing is stopping you from attempting Dreadspire with your own party. But if you are looking to make the leaderboards, then you gotta have what it takes to be a player worthy to be on the best teams.
  • LinXiaoXingLinXiaoXing Jakarta, Indonesia ✭✭
    CornishRex wrote: »
    Low tier content is still the most profitable. Tera is far from being a game that favors elitist players.
    EnviroBear wrote: »
    As they have said in the announcement thread, Dreadspire is not for everyone. There are plenty of other dungeons if you are looking for an easier clear. It is only natural for people to only pick the very best to be on their own team for this extremely difficult challenge.

Besides, everyone has the same number of entries to Dreadspire every day (not counting elite status) so you are not at a disadvantage if you are unskilled or undergeared. Nothing is stopping you from attempting Dreadspire with your own party. But if you are looking to make the leaderboards, then you gotta have what it takes to be a player worthy to be on the best teams.

Well..
    I just don`t get it...
    since the higher dungeon in TERA was `not profitable` to run,
    why they are making a new dungeon methode like Dreadspire, that have higher requirements? (Since only Dreadspire which is have the floor methode for certain item level, and they were another Dreadspire in few previous patch),

I just wondering..
    Making one feature that `pleasant` for every players was very `expensive` in TERA at this time?

• CornishRexCornishRex ✭✭✭✭✭
    EnviroBear wrote: »

Well..
    I just don`t get it...
    since the higher dungeon in TERA was `not profitable` to run,
    why they are making a new dungeon methode like Dreadspire, that have higher requirements? (Since only Dreadspire which is have the floor methode for certain item level, and they were another Dreadspire in few previous patch),

I just wondering..
    Making one feature that `pleasant` for every players was very `expensive` in TERA at this time?

Because skilled players should be allowed to have a challenge. Granted, I'd love if rewards are better but it doesn't seem to be the case.
  • i can see aahm being a dungeon with a "high" requirement but nothing else
  • SageWinduSageWindu High Seat of the Jedi Council ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think this may be an issue with official wording. What do I mean by that, some of you may ask? Consider the following:

Let's look at the following statements:
    "This dungeon isn't for everyone."
    "This dungeon is very difficult."

Both essentially say the same thing, but the former is a bit more direct in stating if you're lacking in appropriate package, you're simply wasting your time. The latter is more like saying that you're in for an uphill battle, but with enough perseverance and determination, you should be able to overcome the challenges.

Also, "elitism" - at least TERA's version of it - is nothing new; when I started playing way back in the Wounded World patch, I remember seeing LFG posts talking about "REHM 181(?)+ ilvl". That's just the gaming landscape these days: few people want to deal with some random scrub who might slow everyone (including themselves) down.
  • DvsvDvsv ✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2018

Because skilled players should be allowed to have a challenge.
    Nah, it's more like "because skilled zerkers/warriors should be allowed to have a challenge" hahaha!

But dw, look how BHS really is a smart dev!1!

Avg. Players Gain % Gain Peak Players
    Last 30 Days 1,460.1 -218.0 -12.99% 2,492

https://steamcharts.com/app/323370

Awakened bs patch + whole new dungeons + new gear + DS4 super hard "20 ms k-tera talents (un)balanced tier content" = all time low playerbase, just wow!
    Maybe ppl just doesn't like an unbalanced af game where the dev put all their time on elitist content that only a small number of broken classes can clear?
    Or maybe you guys gonna quote me with the usual "steam charts is useless cuz nobody play on steam and what really matters is my own statistic from the top of my head?" lol..

• u guys are elitestststs, you clear content fast and make money. its not fair :ccccccccc
    make ds for every1 to clear for money and gear, gib BiS when you hit level 65 immediately and 1m gold for everyone at 65
    #MakeTERAGreatAgain
  • Yeah , let's remove everything related to competition in mmo , so every players will be equal !!!
  • SageWinduSageWindu High Seat of the Jedi Council ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2018
    @Adrenalinzz
    Sarcasm or otherwise, asking for everyone to have the same starting point isn't a problem.

When people start asking for the same ending point, regardless of the work they put in, that's when other people are definitely gonna have words.
  • McOnosRepMcOnosRep ✭✭✭
    SageWindu wrote: »
    @Adrenalinzz
    Sarcasm or otherwise, asking for everyone to have the same starting point isn't a problem.

Nice way of putting it - sadly even if we can clear DS in NA basically all the non-awakened classes are excluded anyway....
  • LinXiaoXingLinXiaoXing Jakarta, Indonesia ✭✭
    edited July 2018
    Dvsv wrote: »
    Maybe ppl just doesn't like an unbalanced af game where the dev put all their time on elitist content that only a small number of broken classes can clear?

Reasonable.. and i`m agreed..
    game developer should put attention to content which is everyone can be participated, atlast with decent gear as possible, (for example with current frostmetal gear)..
    not always content with very high requirements like 4/5 stars dungeon.
  • dmaxcustomdmaxcustom ✭✭
    edited July 2018
    No. You need to have variety and content behind skill on MMOs. There are content for low skilled people and content for high skilled ones, and you get to it by you and your friends merits and effort. What is wrong with that?

Implementation is a thing though, and we will see how it plays out.
  • voidyvoidy ✭✭✭✭✭
    EME is just telling people to curb their expectations, because yeah, 99.9% of players won't be able to do Dreadspire Uppers. It's smart of them to do this, since the last content patch hyped up masks like they were gonna be this thing everyone could get and then they were so rare that some people still don't have one, let alone the one they want.

In any case, I tend to take a pessimistic view of DSU myself. All it does on small servers is send people away to bigger worlds, since it's difficult to get groups formed on a dead server. Look forward to the lower floors and manglemire instead. Pretend uppers don't exist. Easy solution.
  • DL7MMWLJ3WDL7MMWLJ3W ✭✭✭✭
    Why are people calling it DSU (Dreadspire Uppers)?

It's Dreadspire. lol

There's someone wants to improve the lootable on this dungeon when it's not accessible to a larger playerbase anyways. If someone with some brains on here would want to improve loot, do it on existing dungeons that majority can do, not Dreadspire lol.

I guess most ppl here never saw how Dreadspire is like on KTERA. Dungeon not only hard and punishable if you have one stupid person in your group, but hardest is finding 4 ppl with brains to run with. You can't just TAKE ANYONE to Dreadspire.

I expect lots of drama, jealously, and kicked from static group stories soon when Dreadspire launches in a few hours. I can feel it now.