[TERA Console] We will enter maintenance on 05/26 (Tue) at 7:00 p.m. PT, and have an expected downtime of 3 hours. For details, please visit the following thread: http://bit.ly/teraconsolemaintenance
[TERA PC] We confirmed that an issue with Civil Unrest persists, so Civil Unrest will remain disabled until further notice. Thank you for understanding.

Why Extend the Guild Cooldown?

Why extend the cool down for leaving a guild? 48 hours is a little ridiculous dont you think? Whats the point? Players drop and join guilds all the time, players are already aware of those that do it consistently. Now it just makes moving guilds a much bigger hassle then it needs to be. Discuss...

Comments

• In Rappelz, the cooldown was a week, it kept people from guild hopping to do sieges. Inconvenient if you're leaving a dead guild, for example, but it did keep those that wanted to exploit guild profits from the dungeons a bit closer to "in check". I don't know, yet, how important the GvG stuff is here, but it could be that they feel like it's somehow being abused, and want to curb it in as minimally invasive a means as possible?
  • ZingoPingoZingoPingo ✭✭✭
    edited July 2018
    I also come from a game where it was a week before you could join another guild. Prevented mass moves for merges for stuff like CU and etc. Two days isn't long and the simple solution is just stay with your guild.
  • ArnetraArnetra ✭✭✭
    They just changed it back to 24 hours in KTera, so I think it's just they don't know what they're doing. They did it at the same time as making it so you can't get a CU box the first week you join a guild, so I'm guessing guild hopping for CU rewards is what they were trying to prevent.
  • ZingoPingo wrote: »
    I also come from a game where it was a week before you could join another guild. Prevented mass moves for merges for stuff like CU and etc. Two days isn't long and the simple solution is just stay with your guild.

Tera has had a short guild cd for a while. Ive been playing the game for a very long time, and the cd being short has always been more of a blessing that a hindrance. Also being a pvp main, I can tell you mass merges for CU is the only way to get good pvp against large numbers of people working together. The reason this has been an issue is because we just tried to swap for CU and now are unable do to the unnecessary change.
  • Guild cooldowns were naturally put on the moment you joined a guild, so that was the easy bypass. Join a guild > Wait 6 hours > Gquit. Now it just stops it, so yeah, it does screw over with CU alliance type things and whatnot. Etc. etc.
  • xoBarbxoBarb ✭✭✭
    Puts a rough dent in my CU services
  • EllexemEllexem ✭✭✭
    edited July 2018
    Vendessa wrote: »
    Also being a pvp main, I can tell you mass merges for CU is the only way to get good pvp against large numbers of people working together. The reason this has been an issue is because we just tried to swap for CU and now are unable do to the unnecessary change.

Then it feels like the more important question would be, given what @Arnetra posted about not getting the CU box for a week after you join, would you bother going for a CU merge if that would mean not getting a reward?

If all you're after is a better mass-PvP experience, it seems like it might make more sense to agitate for a formalized guild alliance system for such events instead. No need to jump guilds then. Who knows, maybe BHS/EME might even be willing to figure out some kind of contribution attribution system for such a setup, so that everyone involved can still feel like only effort is awarded. (Maybe even have some kind of token you can be awarded instead of the straight up box, so you can get partial awards that can build up over time to a full one.)