Constant Degradation of PvP is Appalling

List of Awful Things:
• Leaderboard history has been removed. All the work from players has no recognition, not to mention they got no rewards for the last FOUR seasons.
• Piggybacking on my last point, leaderboards came out 5 months ago and we're just now getting rewards.
• GvG System is broken, you can't re-declare on guilds EVER AGAIN if they surrender.
• VO has 10 channels now. ???? (the only relevant pvp spot since Fey Forest & Crescentia are dead zones)
• Having the player council host EME sponsored PvP events on unofficial discord servers but not having the CM sticky it on the forums or announce in the official discord or twitter.
• PvP being reduced to 65 only is fine and all, but multiple open world zones are safe zones, including 65 areas like Highwatch Outskirts.
• Also, some zones, i.e. Ex Prima, Highwatch Outskirts, WBam locations, will switch from PvE to PvP randomly.
• BG Jackpot Calendar management is atrocious. The calendar now just feels like "hey we chose this BG so queue it", rather than actual incentivized rewards. Remember when we got Diamonds from BGs not two months ago? You get 5 boxes for losing, so people don't even care.

Summary
I know haha pvp is dead!! lol !!! but whole point of this thread is just to highlight some of the things that are/have been killing PvP. Any form of competition in this game is being removed and I'm not sure what's causing this pussification. And I know not much will come from this, but it has just been getting worse and worse since the removal of Crusades, Alliance, etc. I firmly believe EME could be better at incentivizing PvP and looking at the constant reduction in competitive PvP. This "reward-all" "everyone wins" mentality is awful for PvP.

Obligatory BHS hates PvP
Also, I didn't include terrible BG queues, severe class imbalance, optimization, CU being horrible, etc. because I know BHS has a lot of control there.

Comments

• bring back gvg on pve servers too when they fix the surrender bug
  • uukiuuki ✭✭
    > @The2scimmz said:
    > bring back gvg on pve servers too when they fix the surrender bug

That’s the thing... they won’t.
  • @everyone VO pvp ch7
  • insane how months of hard work and grind for a BG rank is gone just like that
  • voidyvoidy ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's only gonna get worse as shitters line up to cheat their way to a free mask. Hope you like your BGs full of feeder groups and your 3s matches full of teams begging you to just let them leave so they can fight their fodder squad. :bleep_bloop:
  • ArnetraArnetra ✭✭✭
    edited July 2018
    DEDR9HHP9A wrote: »
    Ktera removed outlaw/open world pvp about 4 months ago to 'revamp it' and it never came back. We'll be getting this patch soon. No more open world pvp after then, only CU/battlegrounds.

9da5b2690e6ed0f320c536248049bde1.png

Hey, EME, if you guys even bother to read this, tell BHS not to give us this change. We don't even have the same outlaw/infamy system as KTera in the first place, there's no point in removing it here too when it's not a problem just so they can do another one of their "remove content for a year then bring back a far worse version of it" moves. Let us keep our outlaw in the meantime, at least until they come out with whatever the new system is.'

EDIT: Actually, just tell them not to even give us the new one, you know its going to being worse like every other content they "improve" after they bring it back a year later.
  • ElinUsagiElinUsagi ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZingoPingo wrote: »
    Survival of the fittest.

Work together better if you want to change how PvP is.
  • allofspaceandtimeallofspaceandtime ✭✭✭✭✭
    how many years have you guys been playing tera, and in that time how many times has bhs went back and changed something in the game for the better after listening to the na tera crowd?
    we don't matter to them. or at least that's how they are making us feel.
  • ZingoPingoZingoPingo ✭✭✭
    ElinUsagi wrote: »
    Survival of the fittest.

I'm over here talking about the competitive PvP content being removed from the game that EME has some control over (not the community). And your response is quoting me in a post where people are complaining about losing in Competitive PvP to us? What's the connect?

You want us to work together better to fix the PvP community? Working together better doesn't bring back leaderboards being deleted, doesn't get KTC to sticky events, doesn't fix rewards from a "jackpot" calendar, doesn't cause them to uphold the games integrity. (Throwing in 3s, blatant cheating pics in bgs, proxy vids, etc etc.) I guess we can parcel each other after CU or BGs some extra gold and nice words? Maybe a slap on the butt and a good game after? If we work together, we all win! Cause that's how real competitive sports/esports are.
    ...what's causing this pussification.

• Just bring back alliance already , and make it drop some mats you can't get anywhere else.
  • ElinUsagiElinUsagi ✭✭✭✭✭
    ElinUsagi wrote: »
    Survival of the fittest.

I'm over here talking about the competitive PvP content being removed from the game that EME has some control over (not the community). And your response is quoting me in a post where people are complaining about losing in Competitive PvP to us? What's the connect?

You want us to work together better to fix the PvP community? Working together better doesn't bring back leaderboards being deleted, doesn't get KTC to sticky events, doesn't fix rewards from a "jackpot" calendar, doesn't cause them to uphold the games integrity. (Throwing in 3s, blatant cheating pics in bgs, proxy vids, etc etc.) I guess we can parcel each other after CU or BGs some extra gold and nice words? Maybe a slap on the butt and a good game after? If we work together, we all win! Cause that's how real competitive sports/esports are.
    ...what's causing this pussification.

I read the thread about that person asking for some people giving their suggestions and your coment there were like if nothing was wrong with CU but you in this thread of yours says that CU is horrible. What is then your stance on CU? Survival of the fitest was what you said in that other thread not me.
  • allofspaceandtimeallofspaceandtime ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just bring back alliance already , and make it drop some mats you can't get anywhere else.

I second that idea. I know people will say guilds fed kills, but it happens in the other bg's.
  • XristosxXristosx ✭✭✭
    Good, all the toxic pvpers will leave and contaminate another game. The fact your calling something "pussification" makes me believe your one of those said toxic pvpers.
    Besides pvp bg's current are actually the most rewarding money wise content in the game atm if they could change that and give that rewards to pve while their at it Ell Oh ell.
  • xoBarbxoBarb ✭✭✭
    edited July 2018
    Xristosx wrote: »
    Good, all the toxic pvpers will leave and contaminate another game. The fact your calling something "pussification" makes me believe your one of those said toxic pvpers.
    Besides pvp bg's current are actually the most rewarding money wise content in the game atm if they could change that and give that rewards to pve while their at it Ell Oh ell.

The fact one buzzword makes you glance over the rest of his post makes me believe you're a pu$$y