[TERA Console] We will enter maintenance on 05/26 (Tue) at 7:00 p.m. PT, and have an expected downtime of 3 hours. For details, please visit the following thread: http://bit.ly/teraconsolemaintenance
[TERA PC] We confirmed that an issue with Civil Unrest persists, so Civil Unrest will remain disabled until further notice. Thank you for understanding.

Constant Degradation of PvP is Appalling

Comments

• DEDR9HHP9A wrote: »
    Ktera removed outlaw/open world pvp about 4 months ago to 'revamp it' and it never came back. We'll be getting this patch soon. No more open world pvp after then, only CU/battlegrounds.

9da5b2690e6ed0f320c536248049bde1.png
    Xristosx wrote: »
    Good, all the toxic pvpers will leave and contaminate another game. The fact your calling something "pussification" makes me believe your one of those said toxic pvpers.
    Besides pvp bg's current are actually the most rewarding money wise content in the game atm if they could change that and give that rewards to pve while their at it Ell Oh ell.

I'm guessing you are one of those ppl who enter fwc in equalized gear and pve crystals, goes 0/8 and complains pvp is toxic?

On a side note wish they would just remove pve from the game and focus on pvp
  • ZingoPingoZingoPingo ✭✭✭
    ElinUsagi wrote: »
    I read the thread about that person asking for some people giving their suggestions and your coment there were like if nothing was wrong with CU but you in this thread of yours says that CU is horrible. What is then your stance on CU? Survival of the fitest was what you said in that other thread not me.

Still missing the connect, me saying our ability to defend 10 towers isn't me saying CU is good. CU is a PvP event that rewards tower kills (pve) more heavily than player kills. I'm not even here to complain about CU though as it's under the "BHS" section of my post so I'm not sure why you're even bringing it up.

The part of my post that isn't part of my EME complaints:
    ZingoPingo wrote: »
    Obligatory BHS hates PvP
    Also, I didn't include terrible BG queues, severe class imbalance, optimization, CU being horrible, etc. because I know BHS has a lot of control there.

• ElinUsagiElinUsagi ✭✭✭✭✭
    I read the thread about that person asking for some people giving their suggestions and your coment there were like if nothing was wrong with CU but you in this thread of yours says that CU is horrible. What is then your stance on CU? Survival of the fitest was what you said in that other thread not me.

Still missing the connect, me saying our ability to defend 10 towers isn't me saying CU is good. CU is a PvP event that rewards tower kills (pve) more heavily than player kills. I'm not even here to complain about CU though as it's under the "BHS" section of my post so I'm not sure why you're even bringing it up.

The part of my post that isn't part of my EME complaints:
    Obligatory BHS hates PvP
    Also, I didn't include terrible BG queues, severe class imbalance, optimization, CU being horrible, etc. because I know BHS has a lot of control there.

Your thread is "Constant Degradation of PvP is Appalling" and being EME or BHS the responsible of that (being BHS the one who hold most of that responsability) you complained about CU being "horrible":
    CU being horrible

I am just pointing out that you in that thread where other user asked about opinions and suggestions you and your guild mates implied that it was ok the way it is but now you included in your thread complaining about PvP.

Again, What is it your real stance?
  • XristosxXristosx ✭✭✭
    I'm guessing you are one of those ppl who enter fwc in equalized gear and pve crystals, goes 0/8 and complains pvp is toxic?

No im one of those people who enter fwc in full stormcry +9 and Heroic oath with pvp crystals and do averagely. I only complain pvp is toxic because people tell me randomly to [filtered] off, or run up to me while im sitting in highwatch (while im in full pve setup) and press duel on me and when i decline call me a [filtered] or say im scared even though i dont want to pvp and literally if they inspect me they can see im full skilled in every single dungeon but have like no stats in the pvp tab. I see pvp people like doing pvp because they literally enjoy pissing off people and getting them annoyed. Why else would you want open world pvp and what not. Pve is far more appealing because your actually working together with people. pvp literally is about salt, berating people, [filtered] waving, Literally 95% of the videos of pvp are like LUL look at this guild we SHIIIIIT ON. If you sit on cresentia and look at the area chat all it is was people just swearing and insulting each other. People who are respectful in pvp and kind are rare because pvp brings out the worst in people. Even dark souls has more respectful pvpers.
  • ZingoPingoZingoPingo ✭✭✭
    Implying my thoughts on CU:
    I am just pointing out that you in that thread where other user asked about opinions and suggestions you and your guild mates implied that it was ok the way it is but now you included in your thread complaining about PvP.
    Already Responded:
    me saying our ability to defend 10 towers isn't me saying CU is good
    Question:
    Again, What is it your real stance?
    Already semi-answered:
    CU is a PvP event that rewards tower kills (pve) more heavily than player kills.

Stop focusing on the small point at the bottom by trying to contradict my opinion of CU from a single comment on another thread from two months ago. (which doesn't show my opinion on whether or not CU is good, it just shows me describing how we best other guilds in CU and that they should get over it) Feel free to open another thread or shoot me a DM if you want to further discuss whether or not CU is good.

Let's stay on topic with the focus of my post being in the first section, where I believe changes could be made to incentivize PvP on EME's end. Nothing can be done about the BHS section.
  • robertthebardrobertthebard ✭✭
    edited July 2018
    Xristosx wrote: »
    Good, all the toxic pvpers will leave and contaminate another game. The fact your calling something "pussification" makes me believe your one of those said toxic pvpers.
    Besides pvp bg's current are actually the most rewarding money wise content in the game atm if they could change that and give that rewards to pve while their at it Ell Oh ell.

Yep, because that's worked out so well in other MMOs... Oh wait, it really hasn't. Let's look at one example: Where's the OW PvP? This thread would indicate that PvP is closer to being phased out, than featured, and there's a reason for that. Now I haven't really read through the PvP forum, as a rule, I avoid them, even in games where I would actively PvP, such as Aion, back in the day, because they really can be a cesspool of toxicity. When I read the announcement that they planned to shut down the PvP section, I wondered if that was really a good idea. Is it really what we might want new players to see first, if they come to the forums at all, because, frankly, most MMO forums have that reputation, PvP notwithstanding.

For an example, I point to this very post, where you answer an accusation of toxicity with toxicity, thus proving the poster's point. So let's say you get your wish, and they phased out the PvE in favor of PvP. The first thing to happen is that they will close 3 servers, and they may actually have to close 4, of the 5 that are listed for NA, because there won't be enough players to support that many servers. If those players really wanted to be on a PvP server, they'd roll up on one, it's not like they're not clearly designated on the server screen. The immediate after effect of this is a loss in sales. You can bet that all of those "whales", to use a term common in other MMO forums for people that spend tons of money in the CS, aren't rolled up on one of the PvP servers. Most of them are likely on the RP server, which would be closed. I'm thinking that it wouldn't be very long before the game is shut down for NA, if this were done.
  • NikuroTegaNikuroTega ✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2018
    Survival of the fittest.

Work together better if you want to change how PvP is.

Just stop commenting...forever.
  • Xristosx wrote: »

No im one of those people who enter fwc in full stormcry +9 and Heroic oath with pvp crystals and do averagely. I only complain pvp is toxic because people tell me randomly to [filtered] off, or run up to me while im sitting in highwatch (while im in full pve setup) and press duel on me and when i decline call me a [filtered] or say im scared even though i dont want to pvp and literally if they inspect me they can see im full skilled in every single dungeon but have like no stats in the pvp tab. I see pvp people like doing pvp because they literally enjoy pissing off people and getting them annoyed. Why else would you want open world pvp and what not. Pve is far more appealing because your actually working together with people. pvp literally is about salt, berating people, [filtered] waving, Literally 95% of the videos of pvp are like LUL look at this guild we SHIIIIIT ON. If you sit on cresentia and look at the area chat all it is was people just swearing and insulting each other. People who are respectful in pvp and kind are rare because pvp brings out the worst in people. Even dark souls has more respectful pvpers.

yeah why try to be the best against actual ppl when u can hit AI monsters that does the same [filtered] over and over and over and over and over again all day and brag about who did the most dmg to it like ppl care HEY AT LEAST WE ARE RESPECTFUL AND DONT SAY MEAN STUFF TO EACH OTHER LIKE PVPrs

PVPrs ARE SUCH MEANIES I GET BULLIED ALL DAY OVER THE INTERNET I GET CALLED FATFACE

WORDS HURT

PLS RESPECT WHERES TEH RPESPECT CAN WE BE CIVILIZED

MOM COME TANK RRHM
  • XristosxXristosx ✭✭✭
    PVPrs ARE SUCH MEANIES I GET BULLIED ALL DAY OVER THE INTERNET I GET CALLED FATFACE
    PLS RESPECT WHERES TEH RPESPECT CAN WE BE CIVILIZED
    MOM COME TANK RRHM

tvoXoqR.png
    Kinda proving my point.
  • ElinUsagiElinUsagi ✭✭✭✭✭
    Let's stay on topic with the focus of my post being in the first section, where I believe changes could be made to incentivize PvP on EME's end. Nothing can be done about the BHS section.
    List of Awful Things:
    • Leaderboard history has been removed. All the work from players has no recognition, not to mention they got no rewards for the last FOUR seasons.
    • Piggybacking on my last point, leaderboards came out 5 months ago and we're just now getting rewards.
    • GvG System is broken, you can't re-declare on guilds EVER AGAIN if they surrender.
    • VO has 10 channels now. ???? (the only relevant pvp spot since Fey Forest & Crescentia are dead zones)
    • Having the player council host EME sponsored PvP events on unofficial discord servers but not having the CM sticky it on the forums or announce in the official discord or twitter.
    • PvP being reduced to 65 only is fine and all, but multiple open world zones are safe zones, including 65 areas like Highwatch Outskirts.
    • Also, some zones, i.e. Ex Prima, Highwatch Outskirts, WBam locations, will switch from PvE to PvP randomly.
    • BG Jackpot Calendar management is atrocious. The calendar now just feels like "hey we chose this BG so queue it", rather than actual incentivized rewards. Remember when we got Diamonds from BGs not two months ago? You get 5 boxes for losing, so people don't even care.
    • Leaderboards history being removed is a BHS thing not EME
    • On your second post you are compaining about not getting rewards before? Are you complaining about rewards itself? or are you you complaining about not getting rewards in the last 5 months? It looks like that is something coded for BHS so if you imply the 1st or 3rd point.
    • GvG is broken since long enought time for you to realize that's a BHS thing also.
    • VO having 10 channels is ridiculous I agree, it should have 2 at most and I think 1 channel overthere is more than enought. Not sure if EME can change that.
    • PvP events handed/sponsored by PC should be posted on forums and official sources, pinned as you said and with official word from a cm from EME. I am pretty sure that the prizes are from EME and not from the PC earned things from the game so an EME staff should try to get in touch with players here to show it is something made by PC with EME resources.
    • This is something that I agree, with the PvP being only level 65, and having already in the past so many safe zones it makes no sense to get safe zones increasing. To the contrary, they should reduce the amount of safe zones for PvPers compete for WBs and event bams if they desire so.
    • Same point as the above.
    • I don't think giving diamonds can be a good solution on BGs, However increasing the rewards on the loser side is a way to get new PvPers continue playing in a game that its PvP is tied to a gear system. If gear would not be a factor on BGs then I would be ok for the losing team not receiving anything but they need those rewards to continue building strenght, otherwise if you dont give them that you are inviting those people to stop queving BGs and making them more dead than already are.