[TERA Console] We will enter maintenance on 05/26 (Tue) at 7:00 p.m. PT, and have an expected downtime of 3 hours. For details, please visit the following thread: http://bit.ly/teraconsolemaintenance
[TERA PC] We confirmed that an issue with Civil Unrest persists, so Civil Unrest will remain disabled until further notice. Thank you for understanding.

What is tera today? (Not the old website)

Tera over the years gotten plenty of players, Over time that player base dealt with a broken game. Eventually the game it self for the most part gotten fixed sadly the player base isn't around for the enhanced version of tera with most of its fixes in placed.

Enmasse needs to find a way to inspire people from other mmo's or even colossal games like fortnite/Pubg with their huge player base to come over to tera. To my knowledge tera as is a fare game. Just lacks the player base it once had to support the LFGs it needs of days gone by. No players means no gameplay aka "Doing content".

Not only getting the player base but keeping them longer then hey look I'm 65 its time to go back to "Insert the game my friends plays here". They need to find a way to keep people for the end game content. How is the question.

What are some ideas would you do if you were enmasse?

Edited Comment

Tera as a core is fixed, Server wise that's a completely different ball game. When replying don't think of "Why do I lag because of X reason"

Comments

• Equitas wrote: »
    How is TERA "fixed"? The lore is a garbled mess to begin with, further complicated by the swapping out of dungeons central to the main story. Much of the old content has been rendered obsolete, broken, or outright removed. PvP is a mess because people don't know how to stop using 3rd-party programs, or at the least having people "feed" them. Optimization is still an issue and has actually gotten worse. I am genuinely curious to know what you think was fixed.

Welcome to an MMO with BG style PvP? If you think this is the only game where win trading is an issue, you need to browse more MMO forums. It's a thing, and it's a thing anywhere there's BGs for PvP. As a whole, PvP in these environments is a hot mess anyway. You will always have that crowd that would camp the lowbie zones, when allowed, and laugh as they mow through the lowbies. Something that, apparently, used to happen here? It's easy to sit back and blame devs, or publishers for the woes of PvP, but the root cause lies a bit closer to home. I'm not adverse, or allergic to PvP. I played Asmodian in Aion, for years, while we were outnumbered 10 to 1, and getting 200 people for a siege seemed like a major accomplishment, until you realized that that's how many Elyos were guarding an Abyss Teleporter.

Hacking in PvP isn't novel for this game either. It happens everywhere, and the funny thing, funny strange, not "ha ha" is that you could sub out the dev/publisher names in any given thread discussing it, and wouldn't feel out of place. There were more than a few discussions about it in the swtor forums, along with the win trading and people being afk, etc. It's not a publisher/dev problem, it's a player problem, and the only fix is to judicially hand out bans, which then cuts an already starving, in some games, community even more.

On topic:

It's hard to draw players from places like PubG or Fortnite. The people playing there were more likely to be playing CoD or Battlefield, along those lines, than something like this. Sure there's crossover, but for retention, those are the wrong games to be targeting. I'm fixing to talk to my guildmates from DDO, to see if they want to come over, and at least try it out. I'm not sure how successful that will be, it's a pretty international crowd, but it's worth a shot. I know that I've been having a good time with it, and getting a community of players that one enjoys playing with can only help retention.

I've had a couple of bugs come up, but CS was right on top of it, and resolved them pretty fast, considering my past experiences with MMOs. Other than that, and some player error issues, I'm not having a hard time running the game from the central US.
  • vkobevkobe ✭✭✭✭✭
    VGPlayer wrote: »
    Tera over the years gotten plenty of players, Over time that player base dealt with a broken game. Eventually the game it self for the most part gotten fixed sadly the player base isn't around for the enhanced version of tera with most of its fixes in placed.

Enmasse needs to find a way to inspire people from other mmo's or even colossal games like fortnite/Pubg with their huge player base to come over to tera. To my knowledge tera as is a fare game. Just lacks the player base it once had to support the LFGs it needs of days gone by. No players means no gameplay aka "Doing content".

Not only getting the player base but keeping them longer then hey look I'm 65 its time to go back to "Insert the game my friends plays here". They need to find a way to keep people for the end game content. How is the question.

What are some ideas would you do if you were enmasse?

Edited Comment

Tera as a core is fixed, Server wise that's a completely different ball game. When replying don't think of "Why do I lag because of X reason"

the game collapsed with bhs mistake, they remove too many good content

the game really going olded very bad

and the quality of enmasse has decreased with time, so it is not the good old enmasse we knew

i dont really see how the game can be saved, best it is just vegetate like guild war 1 :)
  • seraphinushseraphinush ✭✭✭✭
    why compare an MMORPG to a shooting game though
  • Equitas wrote: »
    Welcome to an MMO with BG style PvP? If you think this is the only game where win trading is an issue, you need to browse more MMO forums. It's a thing, and it's a thing anywhere there's BGs for PvP. As a whole, PvP in these environments is a hot mess anyway. You will always have that crowd that would camp the lowbie zones, when allowed, and laugh as they mow through the lowbies. Something that, apparently, used to happen here? It's easy to sit back and blame devs, or publishers for the woes of PvP, but the root cause lies a bit closer to home. I'm not adverse, or allergic to PvP. I played Asmodian in Aion, for years, while we were outnumbered 10 to 1, and getting 200 people for a siege seemed like a major accomplishment, until you realized that that's how many Elyos were guarding an Abyss Teleporter.

Hacking in PvP isn't novel for this game either. It happens everywhere, and the funny thing, funny strange, not "ha ha" is that you could sub out the dev/publisher names in any given thread discussing it, and wouldn't feel out of place. There were more than a few discussions about it in the swtor forums, along with the win trading and people being afk, etc. It's not a publisher/dev problem, it's a player problem, and the only fix is to judicially hand out bans, which then cuts an already starving, in some games, community even more.

On topic:

It's hard to draw players from places like PubG or Fortnite. The people playing there were more likely to be playing CoD or Battlefield, along those lines, than something like this. Sure there's crossover, but for retention, those are the wrong games to be targeting. I'm fixing to talk to my guildmates from DDO, to see if they want to come over, and at least try it out. I'm not sure how successful that will be, it's a pretty international crowd, but it's worth a shot. I know that I've been having a good time with it, and getting a community of players that one enjoys playing with can only help retention.

I've had a couple of bugs come up, but CS was right on top of it, and resolved them pretty fast, considering my past experiences with MMOs. Other than that, and some player error issues, I'm not having a hard time running the game from the central US.

I don't think that shady tactics or use of scripts are exclusive to TERA. I didn't even make the implication. Just because it happens in other games, however, doesn't mean it's okay here. It's not okay anywhere. I realize that the blame lies largely with the players for employing illegitimate methods, but that doesn't absolve the developers and publishers of their responsibility.

It's not ok anywhere. However, the only way the devs can address is covered in the post you quoted here. They can judicially hand out bans, which then reduces the PvP-centric population further, which makes the situation even worse for the dedicated PvP crowd, including those that aren't cheating. I'd prefer the ban route, myself, as PvP is a take it or leave it item for me. That doesn't change the impact it can have on the population, however.
  • I agree, but I'm not the one that gets to pull the trigger. The ones that do get to pull that trigger are gun shy, and use logic similar to what I've laid out as a justification for being so.