[TERA PC & Console] En Masse is closing, but TERA lives on! We will continue to support TERA PC (NA) and TERA Console until services are transferred. Our Service Moving Info page is now live here: https://bit.ly/tera_service_moving

Rebalanced point scale for priests and mystics

Did they just lower the contribution points/dps for healers in Guardian Legion cause people are whining why healers get rank 1 almost all the time?

"why are these healers doing more contribution points than my dps" -every dps in guardian

another big middle finger to the support classes in this dps filled game. thanks EME.

and yes Iam a priest main

or is it just me :/

Comments

• CornishRexCornishRex ✭✭✭✭✭
    I stopped doing guardians a while ago on priest because dungeons give a decent amount of rubies now tbh
  • I heard this was coming but i didn’t think or hope so soon!! This was my only side hustle as a healer qq
  • ZingoPingoZingoPingo ✭✭✭
    They probably just reduced the margin between healers and dps so everyone is more equal.
  • HLK76PFWXTHLK76PFWXT ✭✭✭
    edited July 2018
    20% nerf sucks
  • DigivolveDigivolve ✭✭✭✭
    What are you talking about... same buffs are applied just like any other guardian
  • Yeah, I'm getting less contribution rewards than I used to. On a good 10 minute mission I could walk away with around 20 boxes before, but now I struggle to get 15.

I mean, yeah, priest was pretty dominant in guardians with the right gear and dps rotations, but why was this something that needed balancing?
    edited July 2018
    I mean, yeah, priest was pretty dominant in guardians with the right gear and dps rotations, but why was this something that needed balancing?

Because if you are support and you finally do well after years of struggling then you have to pay for it drastically and get nerfed to the ground until you go back to being a healbot..

I wonder why the nerf was not 50% or 70% instead of merely 20%.... There was still room for punishment? Right?

Also.. we cannot even do slaying because holy burst automatically heals the caster and again .. why is this even possible? or why there isn't a glyph to cancel the self heal? or why there isn't a potion to help with slaying crystal? or even make the slaying crystal to have the option to negate healing received?

p.s. i feel that somewhere in this world someone is trying hard to make some classes to be as unbearable as possible
  • voidyvoidy ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2018
    If it makes y'all feel any better, the change was almost certainly applied many months ago in Korea as a result of Korean feedback and then just got fed to us, probably without EME even realizing it since it's nowhere in their patch notes. In other words, it isn't like some jackass complaining about it here is the reason we got shafted.

Still sucks. But honestly, I'd rather log out and read a book than do another set of guardians anyway, so whatever.
    edited July 2018
    Still sucks. But honestly, I'd rather log out and read a book than do another set of guardians anyway, so whatever.

It already sucks doing guardians without a tank since the bams spin and jump so much.. And now losing 20% damage done? Besides.. we could get some option to be able to use slaying on priest without worrying about holy burst self heal but that is asking too much...

Also, i had fun reading TDG light novel or checking out Killing Bites...

• voidyvoidy ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2018
    HLK76PFWXT wrote: »

It already sucks doing guardians without a tank since the bams spin and jump so much.. And now losing 20% damage done? Besides.. we could get some option to be able to use slaying on priest without worrying about holy burst self heal but that is asking too much...

Also, i had fun reading TDG light novel or checking out Killing Bites...

I used to tank guardian missions all the time, but I stopped doing it in channel 1. It's a mess. Since my damage is partially linked to aggro, I basically have slower progress when any other tank comes along and decides to shout off CD instead of just attacking the boss like a rational person (admittedly this also happens when a good enough tank shows up and we have to actually compete, but this is rare). Wouldn't even be a huge deal but then these idiots shout on the side of the boss and turn it. Not worth. Plus there's the lag from a dozen people using their skills at the same time, and I get roughly the same (roughly) amount of boxes:time on an empty channel. I can also slay without being healed.

On my priest though, forget about it. It's boring as hell as is, only benefit was that it was quick. Now it's not even that. Noooooope. No thanks.
  • EllexemEllexem ✭✭✭
    voidy wrote: »
    probably without EME even realizing it since it's nowhere in their patch notes.

It was in the patch notes though. The thread title even seems to be based on their wording.
    Updated the reward distribution method
    • Point gauge and reward count will no longer reset.
      • Rewards left unclaimed from previous day will be counted towards the current day.
      • Rewards claimed are capped at 40 per day.
    • Rebalanced point scale for priests and mystics.
  • PartyblastPartyblast ✭✭✭✭
    Healer mains shouldn't be able to participate in profitable solo content, we should just stick to healbotting endgame dungeons since we clearly get more out of those....oh wait.

DPS Epeen took a hit in every region and every region complained because a healer outranked them, why should they suffer an ego loss and learn how to dodge attacks instead of facetanking? Better just nerf healers so they start healing again.
  • voidyvoidy ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ellexem wrote: »
    voidy wrote: »
    probably without EME even realizing it since it's nowhere in their patch notes.

It was in the patch notes though. The thread title even seems to be based on their wording.
    Updated the reward distribution method
    • Point gauge and reward count will no longer reset.
      • Rewards left unclaimed from previous day will be counted towards the current day.
      • Rewards claimed are capped at 40 per day.
    • Rebalanced point scale for priests and mystics.

Oh hey, it is. My bad. Must've missed it.
    edited July 2018
    It was true that the healers had it easier at guardians because of bonus damage that they had but now with all the nerfs done a lot less are doing guardians and it is no wonder since not only that healers are not allowed to use slaying because of the self ([filtered]) heals on some important skills but their damage is so bad now that it can take so much more to finish what other equally geared class can do much faster..

Where is the balance in that?

And.. it was really worth it? Now there are less healers around which means also less AOE heals so the dps classes not only that die a lot more but they also have to do less sustained dps since they have to prioritize survival ( the fireballs must actually hurt now from the blue quest? not even talking about elite guardians? )... Plus the healers could debuff the boss and 10% endurance debuff was pretty useful for same the dps classes that complained about the healers damage ( you could also party with healers and get even more bonuses for survival/damage ).

Then? Was it worth it? Did you gain anything from this trade as a dps class to make all the fuss about the healers?

p.s. i was independent from being a healbot in dungeons but no more and it really is upsetting..
  • ReChoaReChoa ✭✭✭
    HLK76PFWXT wrote: »
    Where is the balance in that?

I don't really care about guardians anymore but it was likely done because of how many people made healers just cause of how easy it was to farm guardians and make good money with minimal effort, even more so during UHF(although thats more of a NA only issue since afaik KR doesn't get it as much), you see less healers now cause it takes slightly more effort, so it's balanced because you can't make stupid easy money by just making healer alts.