[TERA PC] Summersilk season is here! Pick up Summersilk Robes in the TERA store until August 3. Plus, earn a free Summersilk Robe in our leveling event: https://bit.ly/TERA_summersilk
[TERA Console] To celebrate the launch of the Awakening update, participate in the Awakening Leveling Event! Details: https://bit.ly/awkn_events
[TERA Console] Server maintenance to deploy the v84.03 hotfix is scheduled for 7~11 p.m. PT on Monday, July 13, 2020. This hotfix should improve upon issues with frequent crashes and blue screens. Patch notes: https://bit.ly/v84_03_patch

Does anyone actually like FWC?

2»

Comments

• ZingoPingoZingoPingo ✭✭✭
    ElinUsagi wrote: »
    Gear tier and enchantment levels (Guardian, Twisthard, Frostmetal, Stormcry, Heroic Vow), accesories tier (prospect, bellum, daylight, entropy), Crystals (Cruxes, Niveots, Dyads), Etchings for gear and accesories (4 diferent tiers and strong versions of them), Master Glyphs, Awakeing skills only avaliable until 439 and after finishing a story line quest (some of those skills can be used on pvp).

Yeah, right, there is a small diference... ;) Enought for a new pvp player to leave the game and chose another thing for PvP where the skills are more relevant than PvE aspects.

Stormcry +4, Daylight jewelry, Niveots, T3 etchings are all easy to get and well within the realm of being not fod in PvP.

• ElinUsagiElinUsagi ✭✭✭✭✭
    CornishRex wrote: »
    ZingoPingo wrote: »
    Are you implying everyone has been playing since october and those that aren't can somehow magically obtain it because the gear has been out for so long?

Yea, I'd reckon the majority of the playerbase has been playing since October and earlier. There's not an insane amount of new people rushing to Tera. I'm implying that +7 isn't hard to get with how easy gold/mats are to come by now. Heck, even +4/5 is good enough for FWC to not be fod.

Not tryna stroke myself but here's a pic of my EQ alt that I only queue solo with, granted it's only 12 games, but I don't think it's impossible to play smart with lower gear.

uqCI8ik.png

I'm def not saying it's impossible to play well in lower tier gear or eq gear, it just irks me when higher geared players with a lot of time on their hands say it's easy to get +7, you can't assume everyones circumstances and call it easy by default.

I had sold more than 20 sc gear +7 pieces and so I really know what I am talking about. Doing +7 for someone who knows the game is relatively fast but for someone new that looks for the PvP aspects of the game and don't like to be absorbed by the PvE aspects is going to take months.

So Zyngo is a little bit misslead when saying what he said.
    I'm def not saying it's impossible to play well in lower tier gear or eq gear, it just irks me when higher geared players with a lot of time on their hands say it's easy to get +7, you can't assume everyones circumstances and call it easy by default.

Gear's been out for 8 months. Past jackpots used to make it even easier. Plus these new boxes & bg tokens make it easier. Difference of opinion I suppose.

edited July 2018
    Are you implying everyone has been playing since october and those that aren't can somehow magically obtain it because the gear has been out for so long?

Yea, I'd reckon the majority of the playerbase has been playing since October and earlier. There's not an insane amount of new people rushing to Tera. I'm implying that +7 isn't hard to get with how easy gold/mats are to come by now. Heck, even +4/5 is good enough for FWC to not be fod.

Not tryna stroke myself but here's a pic of my EQ alt that I only queue solo with, granted it's only 12 games, but I don't think it's impossible to play smart with lower gear.

uqCI8ik.png

I had sold more than 20 sc gear +7 pieces and so I really know what I am talking about. Doing +7 for someone who knows the game is relatively fast but for someone new that looks for the PvP aspects of the game and don't like to be absorbed by the PvE aspects is going to take months.
    So Zyngo is a little bit misslead when saying what he said.

And there is still left Master Glyphs, Dyads, etchings and some Awakening skills. Most pvpers that came from other games get annoyed because they felt the grind for being competitive was never ending and decided to not waste more time on a PvP tied to PvE elements so hard.
    And there is still left Master Glyphs, Dyads, etchings and some Awakening skills. Most pvpers that came from other games get annoyed because they felt the grind for being competitive was never ending and decided to not waste more time on a PvP tied to PvE elements so hard.
    Stormcry +4, Daylight jewelry, Niveots, T3 etchings are all easy to get and well within the realm of being not fod in PvP.

Can only use a few of the Awakening skills and they're barely game changers.
    Master glyphs aren't required either, I only have 1 on my EQ alt.

Done arguing these points, something needs to be done for PvP and I think we can all agree on it.
    edited July 2018

Can only use a few of the Awakening skills and they're barely game changers.
    Master glyphs aren't required either, I only have 1 on my EQ alt.

Done arguing these points, something needs to be done for PvP and I think we can all agree on it.

Yes, something needs to be done, and what I mean is PvP needs to be untied in some way from many PvE elements for the PvP comunity to grow in numbers, otherwise it will only lead to the same stage before BG rewards were buffed, where you could saw pvpers begging every second in Global chat for players to queve FWC or 3s.

I think TERA has quite interesting BGs like CS being one that it matters most strategy than PvP ability, FWC being the mass PvP battleground were it is required more skills and knowledge from players in PvP, and Skyring that is the real challenge when you look to show your skills in a more fair and compact team fight.

All of them have the issues of match making (skills from players and team compositions) but if you add more variables to the PvP content you only drive away new players for that content, something you havent grasped at all and keep saying "gear is easy and fast to get" when most new players dont see anything about easy and fast at all.
    I'm not the one who brought up gear as an issue to what's wrong with FWC. I merely replied to it with my opinion. Also, not my fault if players are too sheltered to ask around or join a guild to learn how to play the game. I figured it's a general rule of thumb to join a guild when you're starting an MMO but I guess those introverted solo players who don't gear & aren't willing to invest time to learn the game should be what FWC balancing is based around. Just remove all gear, all content, and streamline the whole process, that's what an MMORPG really needs.
    edited July 2018
    I'm not the one who brought up gear as an issue to what's wrong with FWC. I merely replied to it with my opinion. Also, not my fault if players are too sheltered to ask around or join a guild to learn how to play the game. I figured it's a general rule of thumb to join a guild when you're starting an MMO but I guess those introverted solo players who don't gear & aren't willing to invest time to learn the game should be what FWC balancing is based around. Just remove all gear, all content, and streamline the whole process, that's what an MMORPG really needs.

If you put a little thought why MMORPGs are the less popular games between PvPers then you will know the answer.

Even the less populars PvP MMO that are only about skills and not gear have much more (by a lot times) PvP players that ANY MMORPG.

Note: I didnt even mentioned innerwear and mask so there are more things to add.
    Just going to have to agree to disagree with how we believe PvP should work.
  • HLK76PFWXTHLK76PFWXT ✭✭✭
    edited July 2018
    it can be fun if there could be less premades that could ruin ever so easily the entire night of FWC ( i even saw a 5man valkyrie premade that simply obliterated the middle during the first encounter of every game ).

I always wondered why there is no such system to not allow players to sync queue?
  • ElinLoveElinLove ✭✭✭✭✭
    HLK76PFWXT wrote: »
    [...]
    I always wondered why there is no such system to not allow players to sync queue?

Because it's nigh impossible to distinguish intentional sync queue and a chance happening.
    The most you could do, is force shuffling the teams that already played with each other.
  • KoikoiKoikoi ✭✭✭
    ElinLove wrote: »
    [...]

Because it's nigh impossible to distinguish intentional sync queue and a chance happening.
    The most you could do, is force shuffling the teams that already played with each other.

Actually there is lots that could be done to sort out the sync line.
    - Only allow 2 or so max classes per team
    - Adjust team based on gear score
    - Adjust teams based on current ranking

With the above taken into account, you wouldn't have 7+ man syncs on one side with 1300 rating against a pure EQ/barely geared/barely knows about pvp team. They would be 50/50.
    Koikoi wrote: »
    ElinLove wrote: »
    [...]

Actually there is lots that could be done to sort out the sync line.
    - Only allow 2 or so max classes per team
    - Adjust team based on gear score
    - Adjust teams based on current ranking

With the above taken into account, you wouldn't have 7+ man syncs on one side with 1300 rating against a pure EQ/barely geared/barely knows about pvp team. They would be 50/50.

This sound fair.
  • ThukingThuking ✭✭✭
    I think FWC is the worst battleground but it is also the most efficient for farming champions enchanting chest. If other battlegrounds gave more boxes for time spent I would que them more.
  • Only run FWC for Mats.
    Only run Corsair for Mats.

Battleground started sucking, albeit small, after Reaper Update and broke down, almost completely, with both Brawler and Valkyrie Updates.