[TERA PC & Console] En Masse is closing, but TERA lives on! We will continue to support TERA PC (NA) and TERA Console until services are transferred. Our Service Moving Info page is now live here: https://bit.ly/tera_service_moving

New Strongboxes and Strongbox Keys

Many have noticed, way before the newspost went live, that 3 new strongboxes were added to the game. While this new boxes are nice and all, there is still one problem that needs to be addressed: The acquisition of Strongbox Keys.

Before the new patches, we had a way to acquire this keys, and it was through the Corsair Stronghold daily quests, which gave a box containing guaranteed 1 Strongbox key. People would farm this daily on alts to get keys in game and wait for the strongbox event to happen to finally use all the hoarded keys.

With the keys gone from the in game loot tables, there is no possible way to open hundreds upon hundreds of boxes with in game methods. What i mean is, that before, you could go and farm for days CS, to get your keys, and not spend a single gold coin or dollars in the cash shop.

Now, the only ways to acquire keys are:
- Cash shop
- Rewards Emporium
- Broker / player to player trade

What i see here, is that there is no IN GAME way to acquire keys. People may say that you can get them from other players through the broker, but ultimately, someone went and got those keys with real money, be it from the Emporium or the cash shop. Getting free keys is still possible to some degree, but you need to climb the tiers on the emporium, and low tiers get a very insultimg amount of reward credits compared to what a tier 10 can get per day, which is 260 credits a day. Is a very slow and not so effective process, so most would turn to opening their wallets and spending some cash to buy keys from the shop, and use the reward credits given to buy more keys from the emporium if you have at least the tier 4 shelve.

The contents of the strongboxes are coveted by many, and the keys main supply is from cash shop methods, so this makes the system into a somewhat P2W. Because the contents of the boxes are needed to either progress or do end game dungeons, and the method of obtaining keys is locked behind paywalls. It would be 100% P2W if the keys werent tradeable and there were no supply of them in the broker.

Can the EME staff look into ways to get keys IN GAME like before?
@seandynamite @CobaltDragon @SingleBear @Denommenator @KitTeaCup

Comments

• ElinUsagiElinUsagi ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2018
    And in the process pls make superior blue noc tradeable.

On topic: It would be good if keys were avaliable like in the past but instead of making it for CS only it would be good to make it for your first win on any BG and for your first clear on any level 65 dungeon.

That way you can give both PvP and PvE the luxury of having those keys without relying on one or another method, and even better having them on both contents can make a help a little everyone.
  • MeningitisMeningitis ✭✭✭✭
    Strongbox renovation: awesome.
    Can only swipe to get keys (or use an absurd amount of reward credits earned primarily by swiping): extremely bad.

Strongbox changes are worthless as long as there's no way to reliably earn these in game.
    Meningitis wrote: »
    Strongbox renovation: awesome.
    Can only swipe to get keys (or use an absurd amount of reward credits earned primarily by swiping): extremely bad.

Strongbox changes are worthless as long as there's no way to reliably earn these in game.

Keep in mind that strongbox keys are a cash shop item, so you cant be hoping for a bussiness to had you for free enought keys for you to not even consider to spend money.

So relieable for players and not sure for EME would be something that can make you less than a hundred kyes per account per month.
  • MeningitisMeningitis ✭✭✭✭
    ElinUsagi wrote: »
    Keep in mind that strongbox keys are a cash shop item, so you cant be hoping for a bussiness to had you for free enought keys for you to not even consider to spend money.

So relieable for players and not sure for EME would be something that can make you less than a hundred kyes per account per month.
    I do have this in mind. WHat I don't like about it is that we have loot boxes with filler prizes like crafter cures and talents already for people who want to swipe. I'm pretty sure the primary reason people bought strongbox keys from the cash shop was because there were jackpot events. Now that those are gone, spending emp on strongbox keys is pretty worthless since regular loot boxes have most of what you're looking for with a chance to get an outfit or something. As it stands now, keys in cash shop are just bait for newbies to waste emp on.
  • KoikoiKoikoi ✭✭✭
    +1
    New strong boxes are pretty decent
    However keys should be readded to CS daily. And be added as new into FWC, 3s and dungeons.

We need a way in-game to obtain.
  • I love the typo at the bottom of the update page though, the keys are on sale until June 31st. Since June only has 30 days...
    I love the typo at the bottom of the update page though, the keys are on sale until June 31st. Since June only has 30 days...

Then they will be there forever.
  • edited July 2018
    They did fix the stupid typo, by the way. lol

As for this issue, I agree that there should be some way to earn them in-game.
  • seraphinushseraphinush ✭✭✭✭
    What happened to CS boxes ?
  • ThukingThuking ✭✭✭
    they aren't sea chests anymore, they are corairs stronghold victory chests basically just gives metas and no key.
  • CornishRexCornishRex ✭✭✭✭✭
    > @seraphinush said:
    > What happened to CS boxes ?

They award meta emblems
  • ZoknahalZoknahal ✭✭✭✭✭
    I believe this to be an issue worth looking into. We should not have to buy shop items to get in game consumables and materials, that's just low-key pushing the p2w aspect onto us.

If any EME staff member pls can address the issue instead of ignoring it like many other threads pls.