We're having maintenance Tuesday, November 20 from 8 - 11 am PDT (three hours).

June BG Jackpot Calendar

Comments

• CatservantCatservant ✭✭✭✭
    I suspect they deliberately set things low.

Hopefully this is because if they increase rewards, they are generous and responsive to feedback. Whereas if they have to walk back the rewards....

Besides, given the number of times they made game breaking rewards without realizing, they are probably a bit gun shy.

From the tone of Singlebear's responses, I suspect this to be the intent.

If the rewards even out to a good level over the next couple weeks or even month, coupled with the increase in reward boxes for both wins and losses. AND the addition of the coveted masks to those reward boxes. This could turn out really positive in the long run.

They essentially found a way to give us back bellicarium credits.

Suggestion:
    double the tokens currently listed for a win, and use current listing for a loss

add mask at a ridiculous number of tokens to the shop--at least the lower tier ones.

Even for 5000 tokens, the chance to PICK a mask would have people q-ing for battlegrounds all the live long day.

What does everyone think?
  • StarSpriteStarSprite ✭✭✭✭
    The jackpot system doesn't allow a reward for losing. Eme would need bhs to change it if there's a strong enough argument for it.

I'd personally rather lower the overall prices instead of letting people have them for losing. The tokens should be what encourage people to try if they want it otherwise you'll get people afk in base farming them since they'll get one win or lose like they did with credits. They won't care that it will take longer to farm a decent amount.
  • xChasexChase ✭✭
    The coin idea was a big step toward a fair reward for the PVPrs. I don't do any dungeon, only pvp and some dailys. I believe that there is others like me. So its nice that we can obtain elemental essence from the shop. But as all we know, Time = Money and its not different in the game, not everybody has the time to play hours every day, like myself, so we have to choose what gives a mix of fun and gold.

The majority of the times I do BG's , the win rate is under 50%, and the queues takes like 5~10 min. So to get one essence, it would take a long time and only a few amount of gold in the process. But, its not unusual to get a lot of loses, last weekend I got 14 loses in a row in CS, Yes 14.

So EME needs to balance the Gold x Time for both PVE and PVP content, so my sugestions to the shop are:

- Review the prices of itens;

- Add a token to get the mask with status in the shop. I know that this mask is really hard to get in the dungeons. So it would be similar to the dragon token or the goldfinger. You can obtain a few tokens each day and a chance to get the mask, if don't, you keep the token and, for example, when u reach 40/40 tokens u get the mask. This would increase the numbers of people in the bg queues.

- We could have some loot boxes like the old bonanzas, with gold and silver talents stacks and maybe others things;

- To show some love to the PVP community, add some exclusive BG itens. Each week some good reward (cosmetic, mount, etc) is added to the shop. So we can work to get that exclusive, this would make things a little more interesting;
  • ThukingThuking ✭✭✭
    edited June 14
    StarSprite wrote: »
    The jackpot system doesn't allow a reward for losing. Eme would need bhs to change it if there's a strong enough argument for it.

I'd personally rather lower the overall prices instead of letting people have them for losing. The tokens should be what encourage people to try if they want it otherwise you'll get people afk in base farming them since they'll get one win or lose like they did with credits. They won't care that it will take longer to farm a decent amount.

yes eme need bhs to do anything while as gameforge has free reign to do what they want
    Thuking wrote: »

yes eme need bhs to do anything while as gameforge has free reign to do what they want

Who?
  • ThukingThuking ✭✭✭

Who?

The publisher of EU TERA they made Sky cruiser Extreme mode and Kelsaiks Nest normal and hard mode, they even made an experimental server called manahan that only lasted 1 month I think but you got a free server transfer to your main server when this ended this was similar to other game season modes like path of exile and you got free frostmetal when you leveled up your character on this server, there was also other experimental stuff like 5v5 skyring, 10v10 CS etc and no respawn CS or something like that. I don't think they needed any permision from BHS its almost like EME just uses that as an excuse to not do anything for their game.
  • LancerJivaLancerJiva ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just a suggestion but is there anyway that the cost of EE could be reduced from 30 tokens to like 5? 30 tokens is ALOT of wins for 1 EE. Some people lose alot before they can even manage a win. 5 tokens for 1 Essence seems reasonable and its good for the players who only pvp and don't do pve. EE is easy to obtain ATM yes, but only for players who do pve content. Plus if the cost is lowered, pvp could see a spike in activity. Same about adding the new mat; Veilthroch; for maybe 10 tokens. New material, a bit harder to get than EE but doable, plus because of this, more people would probably join BG's too.

Not everyone has time to spam dungeons 24/7 all day also, so this could help the players who don't get a chance to play much but enjoy the game and still want to work to get the best gear.
  • RenniBeeRenniBee ✭✭✭
    I agree with the consensus here - 30 tokens for only 1 elemental essence is way too expensive. You need to at least half that price in my opinion. Even if you know how to pvp (which I do after a year of practice and learning in my pvp guild) it is basically RNG whether or not you 1) get a team with decent pvp skill 2) get a team that listens 3) get a competent lead/don't see "who wants lead" the minute you load in. As the others have mentioned, PVE much more reliably and time efficiently gets players essence, PVP content should enable players to do the same. Not only should PVP main players not be forced to do PVE content, but also remember that the PVE content that rewards essence is difficult endgame content that requires successful completion of mechanics that happen very quickly including many one shots that put the party at a higher risk of wipe, and that because the game is not optimized, higher ping, slower internet, lower quality computer, and lower geared players will be at a major disadvantage and/or not have access to this method of gaining that resource.
    And ofc, rally is 0% a reliable way to obtain bc not only are the spawn time windows an issue that regardless of the effort to solve, ultimately failed, preventing people who have work/school what have you during the day from participating, and only first two places get essence guaranteed.
  • CROOOOWCROOOOW
    edited June 19
    ay I don't comment here much, but I want to say that I love the current state of BG boxes, but I hate the jackpots. BGs feel a lot more rewarding when we get more enchanting boxes for wins and an actual decent amount for losses. However, the jackpots really need to be fixed. The shop is garbage right now, with almost everything in there being worthless for people who already have their dyads and mostly play PVP. EE's should be cheaper AND we should get more tokens/win. I also think there should be an option for full +9 people to buy something from the shop that they can sell/trade to others (e.g. the talent box we can get from grid).

Also, like others, I'd love to see the Bell shop come back. When it first went away, I didn't complain because I made a fortune off selling the Keybadges from the boxes. Nowadays, I can still make a decent amount selling talents from the boxes, but it really felt a lot nicer back in the day when I had some control over what I could get with the shop. 100% rng from the boxes is just not as nice of a system.
    CROOOOW wrote: »
    ay I don't comment here much, but I want to say that I love the current state of BG boxes, but I hate the jackpots. BGs feel a lot more rewarding when we get more enchanting boxes for wins and an actual decent amount for losses. However, the jackpots really need to be fixed. The shop is garbage right now, with almost everything in there being worthless for people who already have their dyads and mostly play PVP. EE's should be cheaper AND we should get more tokens/win. I also think there should be an option for full +9 people to buy something from the shop that they can sell/trade to others (e.g. the talent box we can get from grid).

Also, like others, I'd love to see the Bell shop come back. When it first went away, I didn't complain because I made a fortune off selling the Keybadges from the boxes. Nowadays, I can still make a decent amount selling talents from the boxes, but it really felt a lot nicer back in the day when I had some control over what I could get with the shop. 100% rng from the boxes is just not as nice of a system.

Bluehole is bringing the credit shop back. It was just announced in ktera so it'll be a while before it reaches our region unfortunately. :/
  • YordanYordan ✭✭✭
    Both bg and dungeon coins are complete junk. Right now we have lk, sc, rmhm highlight and lfg is empty while with old jackpots it would be 2 pages. Nobody bothers because it's waste of time, it's basically crafting cure farm right now.

If goal was to make people log in less, it certainly worked.
  • lollolllolloll ✭✭
    Are you gonna update battle ground coin store? Please make essence cheaper. 30 tokens per essence is way too expensive.
  • LancerJivaLancerJiva ✭✭✭✭✭
    And add Veilthroch to the bg coin store so players who pvp have a way to get it. Currently they’re completely neglected in getting the new mat.
  • ThukingThuking ✭✭✭
    where did this thread go
  • edited July 18
    where did this thread go
    July is located here : https://forums.enmasse.com/tera/discussion/27699/july-events