[TERA Console] We will enter maintenance on 05/26 (Tue) at 7:00 p.m. PT, and have an expected downtime of 3 hours. For details, please visit the following thread: http://bit.ly/teraconsolemaintenance
[TERA PC] We confirmed that an issue with Civil Unrest persists, so Civil Unrest will remain disabled until further notice. Thank you for understanding.

Merge servers? make it only 3?

Comments

• BOBBYYYY wrote: »
    I play in the mornings and its so hard for me to run stuff. instead of it being completely dead in the mornings with a server merge it would likely be somewhat active right?

No. I have characters on both PvE servers, and I have an equally hard time getting groups on either one. So hard for some in fact that I had to just wait to outlevel it and come back and solo it, and we're talking entire chains worth of dungeons, on two servers.
  • CornishRexCornishRex ✭✭✭✭✭
    ElinUsagi wrote: »
    CornishRex wrote: »
    KXRC9JMW74 wrote: »
    Here we go again and I can't believe EME let's these merge threads go on. Ban the people who start them common EME they are worst then gold spamers

Nothing wrong with that. If it's an issue, people should bring it up. If people don't bring it up, it may as well not be an issue and eme will continue to ignore it.
    BOBBYYYY wrote: »
    I play in the mornings and its so hard for me to run stuff. instead of it being completely dead in the mornings with a server merge it would likely be somewhat active right?
    Melyodis wrote: »
    am all in for a merge and if if eme needs week to do it so be it, shutdown tera for week and lets get some healthy servers @KitTeaCup

FF server was a merge from 3 servers and when doing that EME told that it was going to be the most populated server after the merge... guess what happened?

Server merges will not solve any issues and if anything will make more people leave because losing names, characters, stuff from their banks/inventories.

I think people who wants merges are those who plays at non-peak hours or those who can't make friends in-game.

Merging dead servers results in another dead server, I don't know why anyone thought that ff would be the most alive, this is common sense. Merging with mt and tr however, will result in 2 normal sized servers.
  • kamizuma wrote: »
    what happens to my characters then

SVHhgT1.png

you're the only person that has 17 characters on every server though and i bet 90% of them are not even level 65. You played when there was a server merge and you expected it not to happen again? can we expand character slots? are you against server merge because its easier to control trade broker when server is dead?
  • kamizumakamizuma ✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2018
    kamizuma wrote: »

SVHhgT1.png

you're the only person that has 17 characters on every server though and i bet 90% of them are not even level 65. You played when there was a server merge and you expected it not to happen again? can we expand character slots? are you against server merge because its easier to control trade broker when server is dead?

doesn't matter if they aren't 65. I still play every single one of them and i put 2x bank pets on every single one of them. I also used 50+ additional character slots and 20+ bank slots. I'm just asking what's going to happen to my characters. Are they to be deleted ? Then what happens to all my banks/wardrobes? I have 8 bank tabs/4 wardrobes full on every server. Do those get deleted too??? (yes i know about the temporary bank but what i mean is now i have to deal with 80+ excess bank/pet tabs/wardrobe tabs being stuffed on a single server now when I effectively already have minimal space to begin with?)
  • MeningitisMeningitis ✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2018
    Kamizuma's broker stuff has nothing to do with the issues at hand. Lots of people have more characters on at least 2 servers than would be allowed on a single server in the event of a merger. Players would effectively lose money from character slots they purchased and characters they put time, effort, and money into. It doesn't even matter if a character is lvl 65 or not. Money spent is money spent, and forcing character deletion in the event of a merger is not a good thing.

This could be avoided ofc if they let everyone have 40+ some character slots but I highly doubt EME would do that if they merged servers.
  • ZingoPingoZingoPingo ✭✭✭

SVHhgT1.png

doesn't matter if they aren't 65. I still play every single one of them and i put 2x bank pets on every single one of them. I also used 50+ additional character slots and 20+ bank slots. I'm just asking what's going to happen to my characters. Are they to be deleted ? Then what happens to all my banks/wardrobes? I have 8 bank tabs/4 wardrobes full on every server. Do those get deleted too??? (yes i know about the temporary bank but what i mean is now i have to deal with 80+ excess bank/pet tabs/wardrobe tabs being stuffed on a single server now when I effectively already have minimal space to begin with?)

Seriously so SICK of seeing your "I have 80 characters lmao" posts. Can't you just delete your characters & their banks for the sake of the playerbase??? You player council people are so selfish it's insane.
    /s
  • SageWinduSageWindu High Seat of the Jedi Council ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2018
    Do we really need a role play server? ktera only has two servers. We merged servers in the past and the way they dealt with same name was the person that had that name the longest kept it and the other person was forced to change their name.

I would put money (heh) on the fact that the game is going to lose a decent chunk of people if you get rid of CH, which will result in a net loss of players regardless of how said players interact with the game therein.

It's largely conjecture, sure, but even so, who would really benefit from this? And, once again, this is before we mention the other things wrong with TERA that this specific issue completely ignores and won't fix.

Edited for great clarification.
    Equitas wrote: »
    Do we really need a role play server? ktera only has two servers. We merged servers in the past and the way they dealt with same name was the person that had that name the longest kept it and the other person was forced to change their name.

I don't think we do need an RP server anymore. It's not like any actual roleplay happens. The first come, first serve on the names seems like a fair compromise.

I do know some legit roleplay still happens, and some old big names came back recently but I believe the rp community could survive just as easily on a normal PvE server. No need for a separate rp server.
  • vkobevkobe ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2018
    ZingoPingo wrote: »

SVHhgT1.png

Seriously so SICK of seeing your "I have 80 characters lmao" posts. Can't you just delete your characters & their banks for the sake of the playerbase??? You player council people are so selfish it's insane.
    /s

it is not only kami, but a lot players dont want lost their characters, some players spent hundreds $ and if they lost their $ because enmasse, i think at this point you can shut down tera
  • ZingoPingoZingoPingo ✭✭✭
    edited July 2018
    /s
    Isn't the "/s" great? You get say how you feel without any backlash.
    Maybe if that's how I actually felt. Kami plays the game like monopoly and shouldn't be penalized for it because people want a merge. It can't be hard to increase character slots or increase bank tabs, it's just getting BHS to do it seems to be the issue.

Edit: As a PvPer I REALLY want a merge but realize that it's hard because EME doesn't want to screw over the playerbase.
  • vkobevkobe ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2018
    why equitas hate so much kami ? :3

kami has the best avatar :3
  • SageWinduSageWindu High Seat of the Jedi Council ✭✭✭✭✭
    CornishRex wrote: »

I don't think we do need an RP server anymore. It's not like any actual roleplay happens. The first come, first serve on the names seems like a fair compromise.

I do know some legit roleplay still happens, and some old big names came back recently but I believe the rp community could survive just as easily on a normal PvE server. No need for a separate rp server.

Keep in mind that the RP server is still a PvE server just like the others. Hell, the only real reason it's designated as the "official" RP server is because EME says it is. Get rid of the "Roleplay" moniker in the name and people would be none the wiser.

Don't expect the population to remain stable if that were to happen, however...
    EME doesn't want to screw over the playerbase.

Hhahahahahaa...hahahah..ha....