[TERA Console] We will enter maintenance on 05/26 (Tue) at 7:00 p.m. PT, and have an expected downtime of 3 hours. For details, please visit the following thread: http://bit.ly/teraconsolemaintenance
[TERA PC] We confirmed that an issue with Civil Unrest persists, so Civil Unrest will remain disabled until further notice. Thank you for understanding.

Merge servers? make it only 3?

Comments

• Kirasaka wrote: »
    Server merges are a short term solution to the problem of the population declining. If Bluehole/EME wanted to bring players back/keep people playing then they should really fix the major problems with the game and put some effort into making the playerbase feel happy playing their game, non stop cash shop events arent going to keep people around, every event we've had that hasnt been on the cash shop this year has sucked. This kind of stuff drives people away. What eme needs to actually do is keep a stable population, steamcharts for tera na shows that the population is at an all time low at the moment. (yes I know steam isnt the full picture but its the closest thing to official numbers we have).

I was originally from AV, I did transfer off because I thought it was really dead at the time, now MT is almost exactly the same as AV was 18 months ago. Cant imagine how bad AV is now. But the fact is the population is declining and EME isnt doing anything to keep players around, if anything they are speeding up the rate at which people are quitting.

Short term solution is better than no solution at all. Couple of weeks ago there was a thread on how obnoxious it was to get blue nocts. EME staff listened and they gave us the crab event and then lowering the vg costs to get bluc nocs. This isn't about a consumable though. I'm actually talking about running content. Why is it so hard to run content. Do we just let the game die out?
  • ElinUsagiElinUsagi ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZingoPingo wrote: »
    Equitas wrote: »
    Seriously so SICK of seeing your "I have 80 characters lmao" posts. Can't you just delete your characters & their banks for the sake of the playerbase??? You player council people are so selfish it's insane.
    /s
    Isn't the "/s" great? You get say how you feel without any backlash.
    Maybe if that's how I actually felt. Kami plays the game like monopoly and shouldn't be penalized for it because people want a merge. It can't be hard to increase character slots or increase bank tabs, it's just getting BHS to do it seems to be the issue.

Edit: As a PvPer I REALLY want a merge but realize that it's hard because EME doesn't want to screw over the playerbase.

I think this would not be an issue if character slots would have been global instead per server.

I think that would be a good idea, making global max character limit of 90 regardless of the server you are playing. So if you use all your 90 character slots in the same server or on diferent servers it wouldnt be an issue in the future if a server merge happens.
  • SageWinduSageWindu High Seat of the Jedi Council ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2018
    BOBBYYYY wrote: »
    Kirasaka wrote: »
    Server merges are a short term solution to the problem of the population declining. If Bluehole/EME wanted to bring players back/keep people playing then they should really fix the major problems with the game and put some effort into making the playerbase feel happy playing their game, non stop cash shop events arent going to keep people around, every event we've had that hasnt been on the cash shop this year has sucked. This kind of stuff drives people away. What eme needs to actually do is keep a stable population, steamcharts for tera na shows that the population is at an all time low at the moment. (yes I know steam isnt the full picture but its the closest thing to official numbers we have).

I was originally from AV, I did transfer off because I thought it was really dead at the time, now MT is almost exactly the same as AV was 18 months ago. Cant imagine how bad AV is now. But the fact is the population is declining and EME isnt doing anything to keep players around, if anything they are speeding up the rate at which people are quitting.

Short term solution is better than no solution at all. Couple of weeks ago there was a thread on how obnoxious it was to get blue nocts. EME staff listened and they gave us the crab event and then lowering the vg costs to get bluc nocs. This isn't about a consumable though. I'm actually talking about running content. Why is it so hard to run content. Do we just let the game die out?

So here's my question about "running content": why is it the most common explanation (or excuse, or whatever term you want to use here) seems to be a lack of people around? Surely there could be other factors that could be the cause, right?

Addendum: If it is due to lack of people around, then why aren't they around playing the game?
  • KillerPenguinsKillerPenguins ✭✭✭✭
    Nobody is playing because there are tons of reasons for longer-term players to stop, e.g. maxed out xp on stormcry+9 on multiple alts, can't pvp because it's full of cheaters, fun content isn't rewarding at all if you're geared already (wtf do i need 300 elemental essence for lol?), rewarding content isn't fun at all if you're geared already (wow cool i can walk around iod one shotting bams and make thousands of gold but doing the hardest dungeon in the game is a profit of 1/10th of that!)

We don't need new content or server merges, we need a reason to play the game. Make end-game content that is rewarding to do, maybe a mode of HM dungeons that don't drop mats but drop fun stuff instead, i would rather have a loot box than another worthless veilthroch any day.
  • allofspaceandtimeallofspaceandtime ✭✭✭✭✭
    if eme increases the max character slots to where we can have all of our characters and not lose any of our items, then they could merge all the servers into 1 server. making people have to delete characters that they spent 100s or even 1000s on, will do more to hurt the population than help it.

even if eme let us have all our characters, all our items and gold, and merged all into just 1 server ( may as well make it 1 server cause a year from now people will want another server merge due to low population on one of them cause everyone jumped onto the fom server ), the game will still have all the issues that are causing people to leave in the first place.
    if eme fixed the problems that have been going on in tera, and if they actually promoted it afterwards , then I feel like people would come back and new players would also. even the console players are wanting a server merge.
    once they address and fix the whys of people leaving, then and only then will tera thrive again.

so yeah, go ahead and merge all the servers into 1, and if one person has 80 characters, let them be able to bring them all in without having to delete any of them or to have to buy character slots, and increase bank tabs, then I have no problem with server merges. even if I lost all my names, I know I can come up with good names that no one has.
  • don't merge servers, give us Character Transfer Vouchers same like in Tera EU, you will make more profit, it seems EME really like their playerbase to quit all together.
  • ZingoPingo wrote: »
    kamizuma wrote: »
    what happens to my characters then

SVHhgT1.png

you're the only person that has 17 characters on every server though and i bet 90% of them are not even level 65. You played when there was a server merge and you expected it not to happen again? can we expand character slots? are you against server merge because its easier to control trade broker when server is dead?

doesn't matter if they aren't 65. I still play every single one of them and i put 2x bank pets on every single one of them. I also used 50+ additional character slots and 20+ bank slots. I'm just asking what's going to happen to my characters. Are they to be deleted ? Then what happens to all my banks/wardrobes? I have 8 bank tabs/4 wardrobes full on every server. Do those get deleted too??? (yes i know about the temporary bank but what i mean is now i have to deal with 80+ excess bank/pet tabs/wardrobe tabs being stuffed on a single server now when I effectively already have minimal space to begin with?)

Seriously so SICK of seeing your "I have 80 characters lmao" posts. Can't you just delete your characters & their banks for the sake of the playerbase??? You player council people are so selfish it's insane.
    /s

Really, because this seems like a pretty selfish post right here. "Sacrifice your time and money for my benefit" is exactly how this post reads to me. Ultimately, if they decide they do need to merge them, people are going to wind up out money they spent. It won't be as bad in my case, since I haven't been around very long, but these people you insist need to sacrifice for your benefit? They're some of the ones that have kept the lights on at all, by spending that money to maintain those characters you want sacrificed. Who's being selfish?
  • edited July 2018

SVHhgT1.png

you're the only person that has 17 characters on every server though and i bet 90% of them are not even level 65. You played when there was a server merge and you expected it not to happen again? can we expand character slots? are you against server merge because its easier to control trade broker when server is dead?

doesn't matter if they aren't 65. I still play every single one of them and i put 2x bank pets on every single one of them. I also used 50+ additional character slots and 20+ bank slots. I'm just asking what's going to happen to my characters. Are they to be deleted ? Then what happens to all my banks/wardrobes? I have 8 bank tabs/4 wardrobes full on every server. Do those get deleted too??? (yes i know about the temporary bank but what i mean is now i have to deal with 80+ excess bank/pet tabs/wardrobe tabs being stuffed on a single server now when I effectively already have minimal space to begin with?)

/s

Really, because this seems like a pretty selfish post right here. "Sacrifice your time and money for my benefit" is exactly how this post reads to me. Ultimately, if they decide they do need to merge them, people are going to wind up out money they spent. It won't be as bad in my case, since I haven't been around very long, but these people you insist need to sacrifice for your benefit? They're some of the ones that have kept the lights on at all, by spending that money to maintain those characters you want sacrificed. Who's being selfish?

I'm pretty sure the "/s" at the end was to denote sarcasm. But, that is indeed what some people say/imply when we have this debate.

The issue of character overflow does need some sort of answer. It alone shouldn't necessarily hold up the merger if the metrics say it's needed, but it's just something they need to think through. When the game's monetization strategy is all about pushing people to buy more character slots and character-bound items, you'd want to make sure those people don't suffer the most in a merger.
  • vkobevkobe ✭✭✭✭✭

SVHhgT1.png

/s

I'm pretty sure the "/s" at the end was to denote sarcasm. But, that is indeed what some people say/imply when we have this debate.

The issue of character overflow does need some sort of answer. It alone shouldn't necessarily hold up the merger if the metrics say it's needed, but it's just something they need to think through. When the game's monetization strategy is all about pushing people to buy more character slots and character-bound items, you'd want to make sure those people don't suffer the most in a merger.

but people say they lost their characters when vot, lot and hw was merged together to create ff :3
  • vkobe wrote: »

SVHhgT1.png

/s

but people say they lost their characters when vot, lot and hw was merged together to create ff :3

Because they offered a "way out" to AV in that case, the amount of people impacted were low. (It should have been zero.) But this time, as more time passed and you're compressing the servers even further, even more people will be impacted.
  • vkobevkobe ✭✭✭✭✭
    vkobe wrote: »

SVHhgT1.png

/s

Because they offered a "way out" to AV in that case, the amount of people impacted were low. (It should have been zero.) But this time, as more time passed and you're compressing the servers even further, even more people will be impacted.

the guy said he didnt transfert to av, he just lost his character
  • LuniackLuniack Velika Outskirts ✭✭✭
    mt and ff server merge please '~'
  • ZingoPingo wrote: »

SVHhgT1.png

/s

I always use /sarcasm, intent is hard to relay in text, and that leaves no doubt.

It's hard to address, even in this environment. They can expand slots, give out free name changes, etc, but what happens when you have maxed out bank on two servers, and they merge them? What I'm left wondering is how many of the people asking for this, on an apparently regular basis, are based on PvP-centric servers. Because in my own experience with MMOs, those are the hardest hit by low populations. In a vast majority of those cases the "wounds" are self inflicted. "But farming lowbies is fun", etc. Reading around the forums I gather that that's no longer possible here, but that doesn't change the nature of the community, in general.

To be fair, the PvP community has as many elitists as the end game PvE community, maybe more, and they can create an unfun environment for any that don't fit into their parameters of acceptable play. For myself, it's not a big deal, I played Asmodian on Elyos dominated servers for 5+ years in Aion, and I didn't mind it one bit. PvP was a lot easier to find, or more accurately, harder to avoid, as an Asmodian, because once one found you, 100 more were coming to pick the bones. In those situations, you killed as many as you could before they got you, and then you either went back to get some more, if you could, or you went somewhere else. There were a lot more that simply bailed though. That last line is the problem on OW PvP servers, people that want to play roll somewhere else, so they can, and you start getting regular forum posts looking for server merges.

For the PvE servers, a lot of the groups that I've wound up in through Matching haven't had a tank. My first two runs of Sinestral Manor, for example, were three man teams that we built at the portal, and completed running short 2 players. Time of day is a factor, age of the game is another, but ultimately, unless someone knows a server where tanks and healers are sitting in a queue for hours, a common situation for dps characters in swtor, off the top of my head, merges aren't going to fix that imbalance. A new healer class might help that, putting more healers in the low level content, but I have to wonder, since I'm new here, how many groups run the content as premades? That's not going to stop in a merge, and if one doesn't have the friends, or a guild of like leveled players, the situation is going to be exactly the same, and the last round of server merges in swtor is the best evidence I have for that. The queue times didn't change, at all, for dps characters. My guild leader and I spent 45 minutes waiting in the queue for a pop, I switched to my tank, and he to a healer, and we popped almost instantly, for the exact same content. There are so many more factors to a queue time than simply population that it's hard for me to get on board with "but a merge will fix all that".
  • tisnotmetisnotme ✭✭✭✭
    EME could you please merge all end game dungeons in to one or two mega ones to help the individual people that are trying to find groups to run with be able to find and run with groups as there then would be a line up waiting to enter
    and please set all PVP to one weekly or monthly timed event so no one can miss it but can plan ahead for it and have no reason to be un included in this content of the game
    please as these two factors seem to be big problems to certain tera members
    thank
    /s