Merge servers? make it only 3?

124678

Comments

  • StitchedSoulStitchedSoul ✭✭✭✭
    this very trouble of low population forced me to move to another mmo. This and xigncode and left friends as result. I just cant spend so much time in lfg and im. It is annoying that instead of actually playing game i have to stay in city and flirt while waiting que to pop or someone to apply. Tera doesnt have that many things to do and the ones we have (iod for example) is just so boring and nonrewarding that i dont have wish even to stay in that zone.

    The only thing that im worried is my name. If we could have second same but in any way colored or separated then i strongly agree for this. I disagree thay rp server not needed. People on ch are different and i dont want those elitists from tr and mt on our server. We have our own. Ch has another atmosphere and nothing will force me go from my beloved server to any other.
  • kamizumakamizuma ✭✭✭✭
    Equitas wrote: »

    What happens is that you deal with it, the same way we deal with your desperation to be validated. You don't run content or otherwise contribute to the community. It really doesn't matter what happens to your characters.

    Still don't see how I'm looking for validation??? Can you like actually tell me why you keep thinking I am instead of just spewing [filtered] all the time. Man so I should just deal with it... how about you guys just continue dealing with not having server merges then. Why do I have to explicitly run pve/pvp content to contribute to the community? Why does that make my characters any less valuable than yours?


    Equitas wrote: »

    You don't play them. It's widely known, and you've even admitted, that you do not run content in this game. I don't know what the point in using all those expansions and items on your characters was, but that was your decision. There are people who do actually run content here who are trying to weigh in on the glaring issues at hand. I don't know why you keep trying to butt in.

    Just because I don't run pve on them doesn't mean I don't play them. Yeah it was my decision to use them all just like it's your decision to continually [filtered] about server merges instead of taking action into your own hands and server transfer yourself off to another. And having people's characters deleted is not a glaring issue either? I asked a legitimate question: what happens to my extra characters if we are indeed going to have a merge. And I have yet to see an answer that addresses that issue adequately so I will continue to ask that question because it's actually an important one. Please tell me why that's "butting in" when I too am affected by a merge??? It's a relevant question to a serious issue so stop seeing things through one lens and consider other consequences of a server merge.

  • ElinUsagiElinUsagi ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2018
    kamizuma wrote: »
    I asked a legitimate question: what happens to my extra characters if we are indeed going to have a merge. And I have yet to see an answer that addresses that issue adequately so I will continue to ask that question because it's actually an important one. Please tell me why that's "butting in" when I too am affected by a merge??? It's a relevant question to a serious issue so stop seeing things through one lens and consider other consequences of a server merge.

    I would worry more about costumes, bank tabs, pet bank tabs, pets, mounts, accesories... that I can lose becuase character's I would have to delete and those costumes would be bound to a deleted character. And buying with money or gold again those costumes is not a fair answer.
  • Kirasaka wrote: »
    They need to actually make content thats fun and rewarding. Currently everything is so boring that nobody does anything and afks/quits. Server merges will bring whats left of the community together, but what happens when the remaining people quit as well.

    that's are the point, but EME/BHS never will learn EME / BHS are slow and will need console drop to less than 1000 after AIr mmo totally fails on launch next year, PUBG lose let's say more than 70% from playerbase bored and become a F2P and fail again when ppl see how boring and bugged are, then they will desperately need money, they will come again to milk in Tera pc...

    sorry my english
  • allofspaceandtimeallofspaceandtime ✭✭✭✭✭
    ElinUsagi wrote: »
    kamizuma wrote: »
    I asked a legitimate question: what happens to my extra characters if we are indeed going to have a merge. And I have yet to see an answer that addresses that issue adequately so I will continue to ask that question because it's actually an important one. Please tell me why that's "butting in" when I too am affected by a merge??? It's a relevant question to a serious issue so stop seeing things through one lens and consider other consequences of a server merge.

    I would worry more about costumes, bank tabs, pet bank tabs, pets, mounts, accesories... that I can lose becuase character's I would have to delete and those costumes would be bound to a deleted character. And buying with money or gold again those costumes is not a fair answer.

    we don't matter, so I wouldn't worry about it
  • Yvonnelim99Yvonnelim99 Cheras
    I already take one server,then I choose celestial hills
  • xoBarbxoBarb ✭✭✭
    AV / FF / CH shouldn't exist
  • tisnotmetisnotme ✭✭✭✭
    MT and TR don't exist
  • SageWinduSageWindu High Seat of the Jedi Council ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nobody is playing because there are tons of reasons for longer-term players to stop, e.g. maxed out xp on stormcry+9 on multiple alts, can't pvp because it's full of cheaters, fun content isn't rewarding at all if you're geared already (wtf do i need 300 elemental essence for lol?), rewarding content isn't fun at all if you're geared already (wow cool i can walk around iod one shotting bams and make thousands of gold but doing the hardest dungeon in the game is a profit of 1/10th of that!)

    We don't need new content or server merges, we need a reason to play the game. Make end-game content that is rewarding to do, maybe a mode of HM dungeons that don't drop mats but drop fun stuff instead, i would rather have a loot box than another worthless veilthroch any day.

    This is all I'm saying (well, the above person said it, but... yeah. ahem). If there aren't people around to play the game, there's probably a reason (or several) why people aren't around playing the game. Just going "yoooo, server merge fam LOL!" may solve one or 2 issues, but it still leaves countless others untouched and we would right back here again talking about how no one plays the game since the issues that caused people to stop playing in the first place were never properly addressed.
  • Nobody is playing because there are tons of reasons for longer-term players to stop, e.g. maxed out xp on stormcry+9 on multiple alts, can't pvp because it's full of cheaters, fun content isn't rewarding at all if you're geared already (wtf do i need 300 elemental essence for lol?), rewarding content isn't fun at all if you're geared already (wow cool i can walk around iod one shotting bams and make thousands of gold but doing the hardest dungeon in the game is a profit of 1/10th of that!)

    We don't need new content or server merges, we need a reason to play the game. Make end-game content that is rewarding to do, maybe a mode of HM dungeons that don't drop mats but drop fun stuff instead, i would rather have a loot box than another worthless veilthroch any day.

    So true, top dungeons are not rewarding anymore, they should at least make it possible to sell runs like before (passing drops for the Oath gear for example, without the seller participating in the dungeon).
  • SageWinduSageWindu High Seat of the Jedi Council ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shinku89 wrote: »
    Nobody is playing because there are tons of reasons for longer-term players to stop, e.g. maxed out xp on stormcry+9 on multiple alts, can't pvp because it's full of cheaters, fun content isn't rewarding at all if you're geared already (wtf do i need 300 elemental essence for lol?), rewarding content isn't fun at all if you're geared already (wow cool i can walk around iod one shotting bams and make thousands of gold but doing the hardest dungeon in the game is a profit of 1/10th of that!)

    We don't need new content or server merges, we need a reason to play the game. Make end-game content that is rewarding to do, maybe a mode of HM dungeons that don't drop mats but drop fun stuff instead, i would rather have a loot box than another worthless veilthroch any day.

    So true, top dungeons are not rewarding anymore, they should at least make it possible to sell runs like before (passing drops for the Oath gear for example, without the seller participating in the dungeon).

    A quick and/or easy fix to that would be to remove both the bind-on-pickup and Round Robin/Dice Roll mechanics in regards to loot drops. Just let everyone get the item if it drops, with the only barrier being that someone needs to actually collect the item in question.

    Yes, this means that a floormat would also get a rare drop without putting in much work, but this also means that the run doesn't end up being wasted because the aforementioned floormat won the dice roll on the rare drop and you didn't. Give and take and all that.

    But I digress.
  • allofspaceandtimeallofspaceandtime ✭✭✭✭✭
    SageWindu wrote: »
    Shinku89 wrote: »
    Nobody is playing because there are tons of reasons for longer-term players to stop, e.g. maxed out xp on stormcry+9 on multiple alts, can't pvp because it's full of cheaters, fun content isn't rewarding at all if you're geared already (wtf do i need 300 elemental essence for lol?), rewarding content isn't fun at all if you're geared already (wow cool i can walk around iod one shotting bams and make thousands of gold but doing the hardest dungeon in the game is a profit of 1/10th of that!)

    We don't need new content or server merges, we need a reason to play the game. Make end-game content that is rewarding to do, maybe a mode of HM dungeons that don't drop mats but drop fun stuff instead, i would rather have a loot box than another worthless veilthroch any day.

    So true, top dungeons are not rewarding anymore, they should at least make it possible to sell runs like before (passing drops for the Oath gear for example, without the seller participating in the dungeon).

    A quick and/or easy fix to that would be to remove both the bind-on-pickup and Round Robin/Dice Roll mechanics in regards to loot drops. Just let everyone get the item if it drops, with the only barrier being that someone needs to actually collect the item in question.

    Yes, this means that a floormat would also get a rare drop without putting in much work, but this also means that the run doesn't end up being wasted because the aforementioned floormat won the dice roll on the rare drop and you didn't. Give and take and all that.

    But I digress.

    I agree that everyone should get the same drops that are in the dungeon runs. if cs did the dice roll to see who will get a reward box, it would be even more empty. you would get more people running dungeons if everyone got the same rewards.
  • Server merge is not the answer. Cross-Server LFG and Economy is the answer. Still waiting on BHS' promises about this.
  • SageWindu wrote: »
    Shinku89 wrote: »
    Nobody is playing because there are tons of reasons for longer-term players to stop, e.g. maxed out xp on stormcry+9 on multiple alts, can't pvp because it's full of cheaters, fun content isn't rewarding at all if you're geared already (wtf do i need 300 elemental essence for lol?), rewarding content isn't fun at all if you're geared already (wow cool i can walk around iod one shotting bams and make thousands of gold but doing the hardest dungeon in the game is a profit of 1/10th of that!)

    We don't need new content or server merges, we need a reason to play the game. Make end-game content that is rewarding to do, maybe a mode of HM dungeons that don't drop mats but drop fun stuff instead, i would rather have a loot box than another worthless veilthroch any day.

    So true, top dungeons are not rewarding anymore, they should at least make it possible to sell runs like before (passing drops for the Oath gear for example, without the seller participating in the dungeon).

    A quick and/or easy fix to that would be to remove both the bind-on-pickup and Round Robin/Dice Roll mechanics in regards to loot drops. Just let everyone get the item if it drops, with the only barrier being that someone needs to actually collect the item in question.

    Yes, this means that a floormat would also get a rare drop without putting in much work, but this also means that the run doesn't end up being wasted because the aforementioned floormat won the dice roll on the rare drop and you didn't. Give and take and all that.

    But I digress.

    I'll tell you what a better fix would be, and I had this happen to me just today: Fix the mechanics where by if you stop to do a quest inside the dungeon, and the group zergs past it and kills the next boss, it kills your quest progression. This is the problem with random PUGs, such as what we get with matching. People will, after a few instances of this, either find a static group, or, what I've taken to doing, just come back later and solo it to get the story progression. Neither of these does anything for the randoms sitting in a queue, but, it does make it where you're pretty sure you're going to get what you're looking for quest wise in a dungeon. It's especially bad when you communicate to the group that you need it/want it, and nobody responds, and just zergs on by.

    A server merge won't fix that either.
Sign In or Register to comment.