[TERA PC & Console] En Masse is closing, but TERA lives on! We will continue to support TERA PC (NA) and TERA Console until services are transferred. Our Service Moving Info page is now live here: https://bit.ly/tera_service_moving

Please save Slayer PVP

Slayer was my only character for the past 3 years that i played tera,
and i can say right now slayer is by far the worst class to play in pvp and bgs, and no one is talking about it because no one is even playing with slayer anymore,
past weeks i was probably the only slayer on bgs/cs/fwc. The class will be deleated? because we literally cant do anything against no one anymore,

We get cc chained and die, sometimes without casting a single skill, because every slayer skill are really slow, we cast 3 skills and we're out mana, slayer damage are almost nothing, we need to stay behind to give more than 3k dmg, not 30k, 3k, when every other class is facing you in front and destroying you. And those past months people are having ping issues this makes everything even worst.

And is so frustrating because dugeons rewards are almost nothing, many times you kill a i439 boss and they drop NOTHING but like 3 liquid metals, so we are being forced to go bgs to pve rewards and i cant do nothing in bgs because slayers are healing people now pretty much, so im about to follow the massive flow of people who is quitting the game.
because im so frustrated that i have no energy to start grind all over again with another class.
If they switch dugeons rewards with bg rewards everything would be fine, because you only see on bg people who is end geared, they probably want another kind of rewards, this need to be fixed soon, because there is no point doing dugeons anymore.

What your thoughts about slayers on pvps?
What will be the future of the class?

Im sorry about language mistakes english is not my main.

Comments

• NikuroTegaNikuroTega ✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2018
    What are you talking about?

ebb4b8758a1e308596cb40dd79ec358f.png
  • RKCRKC ✭✭✭
    Being bad at slayer doesnt mean that slayers are bad at PVP
  • DvsvDvsv ✭✭✭✭
    Just reroll, that's what the devs want you to do in this game anyway ;)
  • NikuroTega wrote: »

Guys, no one is trying to attack anyone, no need for sarcastic comments, i really want to know your thoughts on slayers on bg
    If you play bgs you will see that this never happens often (slayer on top with many kills), and the other team had only 5 kills so we're probably talking about a team who lose mid and insta feed to end quickly, and this was not the main goal of the topic, the goal was discuss about the current state of slayers on pvp/bgs.

More than 130 views on topic and no discuss, i had hope this forum was more active =/
  • Yeah well that seems to be the state of the internet nowadays. I mean, it always has been, but it seems to be moreso and more spread out now than what I remember as a teen.

People aren't interested in talking or answering questions unless it's either from an inside group member, or they can find a way to attack that person on how "ignorant" they are or belittle and trivialize what they said or asked. The only places left for patient and genuine conversation seems to be in niche communities, which usually are the ones who believe in [filtered] like "safe zones."
  • when awakening comes to bg, youll be alright tho. youll be a kd master like zerk.
    while you have every right to be upset with that, that's just their style now. you could say the same thing with warrior as their job is to mainly focus healers and peel. you don't see many warriors with a ton of kills either because theyre more of a 1v1 class.
  • NikuroTegaNikuroTega ✭✭✭✭
    HWL4H4X5PR wrote: »
    NikuroTega wrote: »

Guys, no one is trying to attack anyone, no need for sarcastic comments, i really want to know your thoughts on slayers on bg
    If you play bgs you will see that this never happens often (slayer on top with many kills), and the other team had only 5 kills so we're probably talking about a team who lose mid and insta feed to end quickly, and this was not the main goal of the topic, the goal was discuss about the current state of slayers on pvp/bgs.

More than 130 views on topic and no discuss, i had hope this forum was more active =/

On average, I usually get 6 or 7 kills per FWC. Unless the other team is really stacked. A Slayer's job is to KD and disable healers. Once you figure out the role of a Slayer, BGs become a lot easier. Don't get me wrong, it's hard work competing against every other class like Valks and Sorcs. Once awakening is allowed in BGs, everything will be decimated with Punishing and Unsheathe.
  • RanranRanran ✭✭
    edited July 2018
    RKC wrote: »
    Being bad at slayer doesnt mean that slayers are bad at PVP

they actually are bad at pvp and have been for like 4 years, mainly because they're built to function in a meta that no longer exists. you can be the best slayer in tera history and an average reaper or even average warr will beat you 1v1 unless they make a serious error like literally dropping their keyboard off of their desk for 20 seconds straight, and against any decent sorc you will literally never get a single hit on them.

and before you try to bring up the tired argument that "hurr game isnt balanced for 1v1" then where exactly does slayer excel in group combat that every other class doesn't do better? You cannot reliably initiate, you cannot reliably stun, you have the single worst kd chain in the game except mabye archers because theirs is hard to pull off, and you are by far one of the worst classes at actually killing healers. any of the new classes will absolutely destroy you in 1000 different ways and valk basically does everything that you do except 10 times better while also having a pseudo giga AND doing WAY more damage in a larger area.

There's a reason that every single relevant pvp slayer in tera either quit the game a VERY long time ago or rerolled to archer or valk or something.
  • RanranRanran ✭✭
    NikuroTega wrote: »
    Once awakening is allowed in BGs, everything will be decimated with Punishing and Unsheathe.

aka. once awakening is added slayer will get an "i win" button just like brawler and valk have had since their release? sorry that's not actually fixing the class that's just breaking it in the other direction and completely ruining the feel of the class that kept diehard slayer mains playing it for so long.

I would've rather had seen every other class nerfed in pvp to be more in line with slayer but its way too late for that now. If anyone wants to play an actually well balanced version of slayer that is enjoyable to play and competitive in the meta, they'd have to invent a time machine or wait for a pre-65 legacy/private server.
  • edited July 2018
    Unsheathe: i if they allow you'll see a lot of slayers on bgs.. i guess this will not happen xD but even Punish and savage strike if they allow, already would help a lot.

Ranran,
    I agree with everything you said, i feel slayers are behind, like every other class could do better what we do, but i guess nothing will be done about this, since people left this class and everyone is ok playing with other classes, lets hope someday they make slayer great. As someone said, or we reroll or we quit.
  • RanranRanran ✭✭
    I mean to be fair slayer has gotten some decent damage buffs and other nice changes in PVE over the past few years. It's by no means top tier especially not now but its definitely competitive. Doesn't really help the PVP players or people that play both because at best now you have to gear two classes, slayer for pve and another class for pvp or forever suffer being completely useless in fwc.

It's really a class that you play for fun in pvp while wearing top tier gear and in a premade with decent players on actually good classes supporting you. Trying to play solo as a slayer in modern tera is going to be completely unenjoyable and unrewarding and we're way past the point where that will ever change. Allowing awakening in PVP will make slayer somewhat competitive but it wont preserve the feeling of playing legacy slayer at all since your optimal role and gameplan will change entirely. Slayer will still have the short end of the stick in PVP after awakening because it'll be a full offense class with mediocre mobility and almost no defensive options but you will be able to do a lot of damage and rack up some really easy kills.
  • ez get +7 sc, lib and sell then play another class! problem fixed!
  • Ranran i agree with you, slayer in pve is nice, but in bgs, mainly in fwc, they're completely useless..
    im +7 sc, the solution will be reroll to another class or quit the game like teddybears said. I hope someday they make slayer usefull again!
  • VinyltailsVinyltails ✭✭✭✭
    You really think devs care about pvp?

That's cute