[TERA Console] We will enter maintenance on 05/26 (Tue) at 7:00 p.m. PT, and have an expected downtime of 3 hours. For details, please visit the following thread: http://bit.ly/teraconsolemaintenance
[TERA PC] We confirmed that an issue with Civil Unrest persists, so Civil Unrest will remain disabled until further notice. Thank you for understanding.

Brain dumping, constructive criticism welcomed!

Introducing… The Paladin (Tank and Healer) Aggro based Tank.
The very definition of a meat shield.
Mana Pool is on par with Healers/Sorc (6,000 mana at lvl 65)
1000 RE
Aggro Bar – Maximum of 2000% aggro. You lose 100% aggro per 5secs or until you use a skill that draws aggro. Also note, you are constantly losing aggro as your Party continues to DPS!
Stats – (Skills are more affected by these parameters.)
20% Power
80% Crit Factor

Queues as a Tank AND Healer, in IMS the party composition is a Paladin and 4 DPS.
Since this class queues as a Tank and Healer, damage output is low but draws high aggro like a Lancer. The tradeoff of having a 4th DPS is that the Paladin does not provide Constant buffs like a Priest Blessing and Mystic Auras but rather Temporary Buffs like Awakened Mystic Thralls or Priest Divine Charge.

Skill (Cooldown) |Base Damage| - Effect
-Possible Glyph 1
-Possible Glyph 2
-Possible Glyph 3

Passives
Guardian Shield – Absorbs 5% damage taken from each party member. (20% total) And increases damage reduction by 10%.
Mana Cycle – Replenishes 2% mana every 5s
RECYCLED SKILL – Retribution Shield – Deflects damage on a Perfect Defense AND replenishes 5% mana over a span of 5s (1% per sec for 5secs)
Blessed (1Hour) – Upon taking Fatal Damage you are granted a Second Chance and restore 75% maximum health, 50% maximum Mana, 50% maximum RE, and gain 5 stacks of HoP.
Heart of the Party|HoP| (Stacks 10 times)- Attacks draw 5% more aggro, Heals draw 5% more aggro, and Support skills draw 2% more aggro. Converts Aggro to damage. Every 100% aggro results in 1% more damage. Last for 45s or until next Refesh or when converted.

Actives Skills
Offensive Skills:

Smash | 150/150/150/400 base damage| – Basic Combo attack. Replenish 50 RE per hit. 4th hit deals more damage, replenishes 200 RE, 5% mana, and draws 10% aggro.
-Increase mana replenishment*
-Draws more aggro*
Block (100 RE cost, and 50 per sec while held) – Basic Block. A perfect defense has a 10% chance of you gaining a stack of HoP (Can only gain 1 HoP every 5s)<For bosses that do a rapid series of attacks in a short time frame. Allies take reduce damage if standing behind you (1m).
-Decrease RE cost*
-Increase HoP chance by an additional 10% (totaling 20% chance of gaining)
Backstep (700 RE cost) – Basic Invincibility-Frame (I-Frame)
-Increase Total RE by 500.
Smite (6s) 400 mana |2000 base damage|– Damages a target with a holy attack and heals/buff friendly targets in a 5m radius. Draws 40% aggro. Allies affected by Smite receive 10% reduce damage and are healed 5% instantly and another 5% over a span of 5s. Smite stacks up to 5 times. Each stack reduces the Skill’s potential. Debuff last 8s (All Debuff stacks are lost once timer is up.) 20% chance to gain a stack of HoP.
S1- 5% Instant Health, 1% per sec for 5s, 10% damage reduction
S2- 4% Instant Health, 1% per sec for 5s, 8% damage reduction
S3- 3% Instant Health, 1% per sec for 5s, 6% damage reduction
S4- 2% Instant Health, 1% per sec for 5s, 4% damage reduction
S5- 1% Instant Health, 1% per sec for 5s, 2% damage reduction
Modified by Heal bonus.
-Increase Healing Range by 50/100%
-Increase healing by 20/25%
-Decrease Cooldown by 10/15%
-Increase Aggro by 60/140%
-Decrease mana cost
Blunt Strike (10s) 600 mana |3000 base damage|- You strike you foe and have a 50% chance of stunning them. Draws 50% aggro.
-Increase aggro by 30%
-Decrease cooldown by 10/15%
-Decrease mana cost
CHARGE! (30s) 600 mana |600 base damage| – Charge for 7s in the direction your crosshairs are facing (Brawler Bullrush) and strike the first target on contact and apply Enfeeble. You stop charging upon making contact with a target or are stunned/staggered/slowed. Temporary boost Out-Of-Combat speed by 50 for 5s and In-Combat speed by 20 for 5s at the end of the Charge.
-Decrease Cooldown by 10/15%
-Increase Duration by 40/50%
-Decrease mana cost
Fall of Lakan (6min) 2000 mana - Increases party Crit Factor by 100, Increases party Power by 80, Increases party attack speed by 10%, Decreases Party cooldowns by 20%. Last 30s. SHARES COOLDOWN WITH VELIK’s FAVOR and KAIA’S WRATH. Negates Guardian Shield Passive for the duration. Upon casting, you gain 8 stacks of HoP.

Defensive Skills:
Counter (5s) 350 mana – Upon a successful block, you strike back and draw 100% more aggro, replenish 1% mana per sec for 5s (Does not Re-Apply or Stack), and apply Enfeeble to your target.
-Increase aggro by 20/25%
-Decrease mana cost
Defiant Shout (18s) 500 mana – Shout and draw maximum aggro for 5s.
Retribution (40s) 1000 mana – Increases your PVE defense by 40% and draw 200% more aggro for the next 5s.
-Decrease Cooldown by 15/20%
-Increase duration by 100%
-Decrease mana cost
Velik’s Favor (6min) 2000 mana – Decreases Party Members (Not you!) damage taken by 200%, draws 500% aggro, your heals are boosted by 200%, damage you deal is reduced by 50%, increase Party Members(Not you!) Attack Speed by 40% and Decrease Party Cooldowns by 20%. Last 30s. SHARES COOLDOWN WITH FALL OF LAKAN and KAIA’S WRATH. Negates Guardian Shield Passive for the duration. Upon casting, you gain 8 stacks of HoP.

Supportive Skills:
Discharge (5s) 100 mana per stack – Use all Heart of the Party stacks and convert them to Party Buffs within a 20m Radius. Grants 4% health(Modified by your heal bonus) and 10% mana per stack to you and party members.
Each stack of HoP grants 5 Power, 5 Crit Factor, 0.5% attack speed, and 0.5% decreased Cooldowns. Last 10s. -Increase duration by 25%
-Increase mana replenishment by 50% (totaling 15% per stack)
Enfeeble (15s) 300 mana |500 base damage|– Decreases target’s Defense by 12% and attack speed by 10%(PVP only). Last 16s.
-Increase duration by 25/50%
-Decrease mana cost
Resurrect (15s) 800 mana – Revives an Ally. You are immune to stuns/staggers/slows while casting and take 100% reduced damage while casting. If you cancel the spell, it goes on a DOUBLED cooldown. Upon a successful resurrection, you draw 200% aggro in a 10m radius.
-Speed casting by 15%
-Decrease mana cost
-Restore target’s Health and Mana by 100%
Divine Protection (5min) 2000 mana – You absorb ALL damage taken by your allies and convert 80% of the taken damage as Health and distribute 10%( each member gets 10%, so 40% is distributed leaving you with the remaining.) of the health back to your Allies. Last 15s. Note: This makes ONLY you invulnerable for the next 15s.
-Increase Health replishment by 15%
Enrage (5min) – Enrages the boss.
Kaia’s Wrath (6min) 2000 mana – Increases Party Members (Not you!) attack speed by 100%, Power by 60, Crit Factor by 80, Global Damage to Monsters by 20%, and all party members attacks are counted as if from Behind, you are unaffected by this. Last 15s. SHARES COOLDOWN WITH FALL OF LAKAN and VELIK’S FAVOR. Negates Guardian Shield Passive for the duration. Upon casting, you gain 8 stacks of HoP.
Favor (10min) 1000 Mana and 20% of Maximum Health – Select a Friendly party/raid member and create a contract with them. Last 2mins. If you or your Favored Ally dies while this effect is active, the surviving partner receives a debuff, Mortified.
-Mortified (1min Debuff) – Decreases target’s Defenses by 20% and damage output by 20%.
After the death of your beloved ally, you can no longer fight.
You…
Absorb 5% damage taken from your Favored Ally
Boost your Favored Ally’s attacks by 5%
Your Favored Ally…
Attacks heal you for 10% of your maximum health. Cannot occur more once every 5secs.

AWAKENING SKILLS
Passives:

Divine Mana Cycle – Replenish 5% mana per 5secs. Upgraded Mana Cycle.
Bastion – Absorbs 10% damage taken from each party member. (40% total), increases damage reduction by 20%, and increase your health regen by 20% (Incoming heals AND passive regen.) Upgraded Guardian Shield.
Blessed (1Hour) – Upon taking Fatal Damage you are granted a Second Chance and restore maximum health, maximum Mana, maximum RE, and gain 10 stacks of HoP. Upgraded.
Actives:
Mass Resurrection (2min) 4000 mana – Revives 4 targets in a 40m Radius. You are immune to all incoming stuns/staggers/slows while casting. All targets only receive 50% of maximum mana, health, and RE. Upon being Revived by Mass Resurrection, your revived allies receives a debuff, Weakened.
-Weakened (10s) – Decreases all incoming heals by 20%, decreases Buffs effectivity by 40%, receive 10% more damage, and deal 5% less damage.
Divine Retribution (10min) 2000 mana – Grants 200% defense to you and your Party as well as Enrages the boss. You and your Party deal 10% more damage to targets with Enfeeble debuff. Last 30s.
-Decrease Cooldown by 10%
-Increase effect duration by 25/50%
Holy Judgement (12s) 500 mana |10,000 Base Damage| – Strike your Enemy with your weapon. Casts faster after the use of Smite. Draws High aggro and heals allies within 10m for 2% of their maximum health (Modified by your Heal bonus).

Comments

• Did I inspire you ?
  • howboutdah wrote: »
    Introducing… The Paladin (Tank and Healer) Aggro based Tank.

Velik’s Favor (6min) 2000 mana – Decreases Party Members (Not you!) damage taken by 200%, draws 500% aggro, your heals are boosted by 200%, damage you deal is reduced by 50%, increase Party Members(Not you!) Attack Speed by 40% and Decrease Party Cooldowns by 20%. Last 30s. SHARES COOLDOWN WITH FALL OF LAKAN and KAIA’S WRATH. Negates Guardian Shield Passive for the duration. Upon casting, you gain 8 stacks of HoP.

Damage reduction of 200%? So now people get healed for 100% of the damage they should have normally taken? Since after all when you have a damage reduction of 100% you will take no damage at all.

Apart from that I would like to know where you got the inspiration for this post since yesterday a few people were talking about this on discord. Their ideas were better btw.
  • TsinTsin ✭✭✭
    This just seems like a terrible idea overall for an action combat MMO like Tera.

Buffs are overtuned (100% attack speed in a party with 4 DPS? No thank you), and you're expected to heal and res while you're tanking? Do you really think you can just ignore bosses in dungeons like AAHM while you flip your camera in the opposite direction and run off to find one of your dead DPS?

Here's what I'd like to know, OP. What class do you main on Tera? What role do you play? Because I'm seriously doubting that you play any support role (tank or healer) and are suggesting that ANY of these ideas are healthy/viable for this particular MMO.
  • ElinUsagiElinUsagi ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tsin wrote: »
    This just seems like a terrible idea overall for an action combat MMO like Tera.

Buffs are overtuned (100% attack speed in a party with 4 DPS? No thank you), and you're expected to heal and res while you're tanking? Do you really think you can just ignore bosses in dungeons like AAHM while you flip your camera in the opposite direction and run off to find one of your dead DPS?

Here's what I'd like to know, OP. What class do you main on Tera? What role do you play? Because I'm seriously doubting that you play any support role (tank or healer) and are suggesting that ANY of these ideas are healthy/viable for this particular MMO.

This is why a paladin class is hard to make on TERA, Priest and Mystics are well rounded healers that are a mix from other classes at other games, even mix from they are priest/mystic/cleric/summoner/paladin (not about the tank trait), 5 classes benefits in only 2 classes makes really hard to provide another healer class in the game and if you think about an hybrid tank/healer as a paladin then it wont work because how much utility the current tanks and healers provide for all parties.
  • KillerPenguinsKillerPenguins ✭✭✭✭
    A dps/healer might work (no, that isn't what mystic is..)
    something that heals passively based on it's own damage, e.g. reaper style play where each sundering is aoe heal, whipsaw is a bunch of tiny heals, etc. Would make healer more engaging to play, but the problem is that i don't think bhs could ever tune a class like that correctly, there would either be 4 in every party or 0 in the entire game
  • A dps/healer might work (no, that isn't what mystic is..)
    something that heals passively based on it's own damage, e.g. reaper style play where each sundering is aoe heal, whipsaw is a bunch of tiny heals, etc. Would make healer more engaging to play, but the problem is that i don't think bhs could ever tune a class like that correctly, there would either be 4 in every party or 0 in the entire game

I don't know. The only MMO where I could successfully play a healer was swtor, and that was because they, for the most part, were closer to a dps with heals. This is what makes me suck at healer, btw, I prefer to knock stuff on the head than to stand around, dodging red, and throwing heals out. I'm not sure how it works here, as I haven't, and don't plan to look at a healer class, but if the healing were more "passive" than active, I might be able to play one. So your idea isn't as farfetched as you may think.
  • SageWinduSageWindu High Seat of the Jedi Council ✭✭✭✭✭

I don't know. The only MMO where I could successfully play a healer was swtor, and that was because they, for the most part, were closer to a dps with heals. This is what makes me suck at healer, btw, I prefer to knock stuff on the head than to stand around, dodging red, and throwing heals out. I'm not sure how it works here, as I haven't, and don't plan to look at a healer class, but if the healing were more "passive" than active, I might be able to play one. So your idea isn't as farfetched as you may think.

The closest thing you have to that is the mystic (they're the "red mage" of the mage trio, with priest being white and sorc being black) with how they're motes work. Sadly you're not gonna find any Oberon-style classes - where the class has an ability that grants passive health regeneration to themselves and nearby allies - in this game.

• MelyodisMelyodis ✭✭✭
    lets talk optimization first new class my foot.
  • SageWinduSageWindu High Seat of the Jedi Council ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2018
    Melyodis wrote: »
    lets talk optimization first new class my foot.

It's a fever dream at this point. BHS has had plenty of time to do so but they aren't for whatever c**k*ss reason. Hell, word is BHS is developing a new game with the same lopsided-*ss engine because upgrading would "take too long" (assuming they get their heads out of their *sses and stop trying to sue Epic over f**king frying pans). B&S is upgrading to UE4 soon, and I'm pretty g*ddamn sure its dev team isn't as large nor has as much money as BHS.
  • SageWindu wrote: »

The closest thing you have to that is the mystic (they're the "red mage" of the mage trio, with priest being white and sorc being black) with how they're motes work. Sadly you're not gonna find any Oberon-style classes - where the class has an ability that grants passive health regeneration to themselves and nearby allies - in this game.

In swtor, playing on a sage/sorc healer, I could target the tank, drop an AoE heal, and still throw out dps, since I didn't have to swap targets for the dps. That's closer to what I meant by "passive" than say a chanter in Aion, which had an aura that put out HoTs.