[PC] Naslow's Treasure Map Items have been temporarily disabled while we resolve an issue. We appreciate your patience and understanding!

Constructed stream

As suggested by @KitTeaCup I’ll make a constructive post about stream.
- It would be nice to have someone who actually know the game to lead the stream
- Maybe show a dungeon from Time to time and run it explaining mech
- rotating by explaining and showing class in action maybe start with class awakened and do the rest when awakening 2 comes
- Reward viewer as they were before I mean it’s not like it was costing eme money but was a good incentive to watch
- maybe not stream a week day in the middle of the day? I mean it’s not like 80% of ppl work during that time right? ( maybe weekend or evening)
-every chose a topic in thread and discuss it on stream maybe and make polls to make ppl vote on certain thing? I mean we pay for you’re salary too never forget that
- I think that’s enough for now

Comments

• Honestly, for what you want, it would be better for EME to feature existing veteran players, perhaps who already stream, and partner with them to prepare this sort of content. If your target is to teach advanced knowledge to new/learning players, they will get a lot better advice and input from real veteran players than what staff can do. Community Team members are there primarily to be facilitators, not experts. This has also been true of all that past community team staff as well. If you want to give "expert advice," it's better to find someone who's already a recognized expert in their field; otherwise they'll just be mocked/judged for anything they get wrong.

And also, FWIW...
    C4YJGXD393 wrote: »
    I mean we pay for you’re salary too never forget that
    ...if you really want to make a constructive post, it's probably better to edit out unnecessary things like this. It distracts from your argument.
  • The things that I'd find useful would include things like primary and secondary rotations, glyph builds, and why, and steering away from "this is the only way to do xxx". The latter gets featured far too prominently in guides, and is the primary cause for me turning them off, or causes me to stop reading them, along with anything else by whomever posted it.

Videos/streams that break that kind of stuff down would be worth watching, for all the classes I've elected to play, and for some that I've started out to play, and had to give up, like Slayer, which I found too cumbersome. I'm considering a tanking class, so streams about that, and the ins and outs of general tanking would be great as well. The idea posted about dungeon mechanics in the OP would also be a solid addition, but not just boss fight mechanics, but things like "how to ensure you get credit for your story missions in dungeons", an area where I've been having issues.

A schedule that can be checked, and adhered to would be great as well. So say if it's a Priest or Mystic stream, I'd know not to worry overmuch about catching it, since as a general rule I suck at healers in MMOs, and so won't be playing them. It makes the whole idea more useful to me, and I'm sure I'm not the only one that would benefit, if they know when to tune in for a stream.
  • PartyblastPartyblast ✭✭✭✭
    Awhile back there was a stream highlight for each class which had a rather experienced player talk about the class, the general idea of how to glyph/rotation/build etc. Seeing as the game as changed since with awakening it would be nice to have this revisited, but EmE might grab some sponsored person who "played" Tera, yikes. Dungeon streams would also be nice where it was properly ran and mechanics possibly explained rather than GM god-mode with aggro lines on a dps in relentless niveots.

Of course the class streams would require someone actually wanting to go through the time to explain the class when there are other sources of information already out there and aren't presented in front of an audience. As for the dungeon streams you can always watch someone's personal stream and see them go through the content.
  • DL7MMWLJ3WDL7MMWLJ3W ✭✭✭✭
    Kirasaka wrote: »
    I remember when spacecats tried to do this and the guy they picked kept stating wrong information. EME just spent the entire time chat banning people from twitch. I dont think this kind of thing will work anymore.
    Finally someone with a brain knows what's up.

People thought I was being negative and stirring up lies but no this actually happened.

Now that the playerbase is dying more, there's hardly any worthwhile ppl to find for this kind of thing.
  • DL7MMWLJ3W wrote: »
    I remember when spacecats tried to do this and the guy they picked kept stating wrong information. EME just spent the entire time chat banning people from twitch. I dont think this kind of thing will work anymore.

People thought I was being negative and stirring up lies but no this actually happened.

Now that the playerbase is dying more, there's hardly any worthwhile ppl to find for this kind of thing.

Are there not any players worth consulting about specific classes? Or is it that your friends aren't here, and you feel like they're the only ones qualified to give these kinds of presentations? I know I've seen the latter claim actually made in other MMOs; "but my friends are the only ones that know how to play that/those class/classes, and they don't play any more". That really screams of a limited experience with the player base more than any kind of factual claim.

What I have observed, however, is a distinct lack of caring about showing a new player what they may be doing wrong. I started a thread in the player guide/help section, looking for what I may be doing wrong concerning getting quest credit in specific dungeons, and it got one reply, which was better than the results I got in game, when I asked around in Velika, and nobody replied. This comes back to a reason why there might be a declining player base, and it also speaks to why a server merge wouldn't fix it. It's not going to make people more willing to help someone out when they ask for it. So anything like this, that may actually try to help those people would be appreciated by the people that need it, especially if they know about it, which can be solved by posting it on the launcher, and assuming the information is accurate. The caveat to that also being that the people claiming it's not accurate aren't just thinking "that's not how I do it, so it's wrong", which happens a lot in MMOs where you do have some kind of build choice.
  • KillerPenguinsKillerPenguins ✭✭✭✭
    Another major problem we'd run into with teaching streams is that a huge amount of 'top' players do things that aren't possible for people with higher ping or less 3rd party utilities, so it's only helpful as a sort of beginner's guide. There's no point trying to teach the best way to do stuff when that's only possible for a handful of people.
  • ElinUsagiElinUsagi ✭✭✭✭✭
    DL7MMWLJ3W wrote: »

Are there not any players worth consulting about specific classes? Or is it that your friends aren't here, and you feel like they're the only ones qualified to give these kinds of presentations? I know I've seen the latter claim actually made in other MMOs; "but my friends are the only ones that know how to play that/those class/classes, and they don't play any more". That really screams of a limited experience with the player base more than any kind of factual claim.

What I have observed, however, is a distinct lack of caring about showing a new player what they may be doing wrong. I started a thread in the player guide/help section, looking for what I may be doing wrong concerning getting quest credit in specific dungeons, and it got one reply, which was better than the results I got in game, when I asked around in Velika, and nobody replied. This comes back to a reason why there might be a declining player base, and it also speaks to why a server merge wouldn't fix it. It's not going to make people more willing to help someone out when they ask for it. So anything like this, that may actually try to help those people would be appreciated by the people that need it, especially if they know about it, which can be solved by posting it on the launcher, and assuming the information is accurate. The caveat to that also being that the people claiming it's not accurate aren't just thinking "that's not how I do it, so it's wrong", which happens a lot in MMOs where you do have some kind of build choice.

Problem with when spacecats did it was that the majority of the information given was actually incorrect. There is no point trying to teach new players if most of the information is incorrect, it will not help them it will just make them worse. If anyone actually listened to the 'advice' on that stream then they would have been awful in dungeons and labelled as a trap ingame. Im all for helping new players but it has to be done right, teaching them false information is not going to help them as a player or help them get invited to parties.

Never saw that stream.

It is avaliable still on twitch or it was deleted?
  • Kirasaka wrote: »

Problem with when spacecats did it was that the majority of the information given was actually incorrect. There is no point trying to teach new players if most of the information is incorrect, it will not help them it will just make them worse. If anyone actually listened to the 'advice' on that stream then they would have been awful in dungeons and labelled as a trap ingame. Im all for helping new players but it has to be done right, teaching them false information is not going to help them as a player or help them get invited to parties.

Which goes along with what I said: The information needs to be accurate, but the measure shouldn't be "but that's not how I do it". If it's genuinely wrong, it will do more harm than good. If it's some elitist making a claim based on "what I do", it could still be accurate. However, it can be misleading trying to sort "is it wrong" from "If you don't do what I say, you're doing it wrong".
  • StarSpriteStarSprite ✭✭✭✭
    I personally dont find the teach me how to play x class streams entertaining, outside of when there is a person going full meme. For me I find that well written guides are much more helpful, maybe with short videos or gifs to better demonstrate certain mechanics or combos. It's just easier to find specific information that way instead of trying to sort through a video looking for whatever it is I'm after.

What does a player interview about the specific class over stream have to offer that's better or different than some of the guides offered today? Maybe some updates because of class changes but most of the time they just go over the basics like gear. A more technical stream could be interesting but a lot of the community may not find them entertaining.

I do think maybe following a party through dungeons and talking to players who are actually running content could be interesting to at least watch.
  • edited July 2018

Just for what it's worth, there were many different streams for different classes, and they weren't all full of incorrect information. The problem is simply that it was a mixed bag. There's no good vetting process to "prove" that someone who seems knowledgeable about a class is going to give what other people would call "good advice." (Not all the people who write good guides would want to present on stream and so on.) In a number of cases, the people Spacecats got were recommended to him, but it depended on the class.

In the end, as StarSprite said above, I'm not so sure how useful these streams are in the first place, but if you're going to do it, the advice will only ever be as good as the presenter.
  • THIS IS AMAZING! I'll definitely take this all into account.

It's a lot to take in, so please have patience with me and I'll work these aspects into the stream.