The Maintenance on our PC Servers has completed. Servers are up and running, thank you for your patience!

Are you thinking about merging servers EME ?

Comments

• kubitoidkubitoid ✭✭✭✭✭
    Equitas wrote: »
    This guy @Equitas is @Equitas 1.0.
    time to upgrade
  • BabbelsimBabbelsim ✭✭✭
    Holy moly... hang on to your pants people where going for a ride!
  • ElinLoveElinLove ✭✭✭✭✭
    News this fall eh? As long as the issues are solved, then I'm fine with it. AS LONG AS.
  • PagesPages ✭✭✭✭
    ElinLove wrote: »
    News this fall eh? As long as the issues are solved, then I'm fine with it. AS LONG AS.

They won't be. Server merges solve 0 issues and create infinite.

Not even just talking about "muh names" but rather the fact that it doesn't increase player retention (as evidenced by Fey Forest) and just makes the game look even more dead when there's 3 servers that struggle to fill as opposed to 5.

There were a lot of possible solutions and this was the worst one. You can't indefinitely merge servers. Eventually you only have 1 server left, and if that one dies, the game is in maintenance mode.
  • tisnotmetisnotme ✭✭✭
    just like when group players winged they couldn't find groups to run dungeons and ern need to het rid of the solo run ability to the them to force solo players in to groups years back
    yer some tried but got sick of the salt so they learnt to run the group dungeons solo

well im done spending on this game now seeing we'll just loose keep loosing stuff again in merges like last time and end up with less servers all looking like FF does now after that server merge fix

you might as well keep the twitch and its hand full of viewers at 10 am PDT KitTeaCup then
  • clfarron4clfarron4 ✭✭✭✭
    KitTeaCup wrote: »

Only took 18 months after players said it needed to happen for EME to actually do it.
  • voidyvoidy ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 27
    Pages wrote: »
    ElinLove wrote: »

They won't be. Server merges solve 0 issues and create infinite.

Not even just talking about "muh names" but rather the fact that it doesn't increase player retention (as evidenced by Fey Forest) and just makes the game look even more dead when there's 3 servers that struggle to fill as opposed to 5.

There were a lot of possible solutions and this was the worst one. You can't indefinitely merge servers. Eventually you only have 1 server left, and if that one dies, the game is in maintenance mode.

I do agree that Tera has a lot of things that stop people from playing, but the whole Fey Forest merge only failed because it was EME merging multiple dead servers after people bled out when the steam release hype died down. Merge multiple dead servers and you get one megadeadserver.

As for player retention, I'd say in this case a server merge would help quite a bit. People leave a multiplayer game when it feels dead. Some server transfer, but most leave. They stay when it feels alive and has people for them to play with. Merging everyone into one or two servers would cover all of the population complaints discussed in this thread and would drive people to play more because they finally feel like their feedback is heard and it's been addressed in a way that covers their concerns. Hell, I know some people who would come back because of something like this. For actual examples of it working in other games, just look at games like BDO, where the megaserver setup makes the game feel super packed, even as the game empties out because of its own separate management issues.

>Eventually you only have 1 server left, and if that one dies, the game is in maintenance mode
    Game's already in decline except for one (maybe two) thriving server, so I don't see your point here. There's really no point in having a bunch of dead "backup" worlds. If the game dies when everyone's merged into one server, you can bet it would've happened even faster if people were spread out among 5.

>There were a lot of possible solutions
    Like what? A shared LFG? A shared brokerage? At that point, you might as well merge the servers anyway.

Thank you for starting on this; it's something most people have wanted for a long time.
  • RKCRKC ✭✭✭
    Sooo what servers are you merging. This better not mess up my 13 toons or I will quit this game.
  • PartyblastPartyblast ✭✭✭
    RKC wrote: »
    Sooo what servers are you merging. This better not mess up my 13 toons or I will quit this game.

There are currently 20 available slots, 21 once Elin Brawler releases, you have no reason to worry about 13 characters unless they have a common name and you don't play as often as someone else. Really the only people who should worry are those who have 18+ characters per server.....they're going to have to downsize a bit but they at least have a few months to do so.
  • RKCRKC ✭✭✭
    Partyblast wrote: »

There are currently 20 available slots, 21 once Elin Brawler releases, you have no reason to worry about 13 characters unless they have a common name and you don't play as often as someone else. Really the only people who should worry are those who have 18+ characters per server.....they're going to have to downsize a bit but they at least have a few months to do so.

Its just that I have 13 toons. The one that I havent played in while are the classes that have no awakening. Im reviving them when they have it. Now enter server marge and they saying that toons that has less time than the other will get the name change. WTF.
  • KitTeaCup wrote: »

too late but better late then never, maybe many people who quit will come back, it would be nice if you introduced character transfer vouchers in NA too.. EU has them for a while now.
  • ElinLoveElinLove ✭✭✭✭✭
    clfarron4 wrote: »

Only took 18 months after players said it needed to happen for EME to actually do it.

I would rephrase it:
    It took 18 months for EME to not come up with a proper solution and tried to apply the same failed method twice, with hopes that "Yeah, NOW it will work!"
  • WeridWerid ✭✭
    Now that the merge is confirmed i have a question: What makes different the roleplay server?
  • ElinLoveElinLove ✭✭✭✭✭
    Partyblast wrote: »

He/she HAS reasons to worry, since they always manage to fart on your face in a way or another. I hope, really hope, they took some of Counterpoint's ideas into count (like summing up character slot count even if it maxes the max count, and don't let create new ones until you delete enough to reach top count). But as far as I recall from last merge, they didn't give you sum of slots on FF, they just gave you the highest count you had on one of the 3. So if you had 3 on one, 2 on another and 6 on the 3rd, all used up, go ahead and delete 5 characters cause 6 is all you've got.
    If this is sorted out, that's one less issue. I'm wondering what kind of economical clash will happen when brokerage prices get mixed into one, "muh names" still an issue, bank slots, and there better be all items moved together, no issues like when you move servers through paid method.