The Maintenance on our PC Servers has completed. Servers are up and running, thank you for your patience!

Merge servers? make it only 3?

123468

Comments

  • vkobevkobe ✭✭✭✭✭
    i already say what i need to say to kami ;)

  • Equitas wrote: »
    kamizuma wrote: »
    Ya I continually ask that question because I want to know what's going to happen to them? Not sure why you're unable to comprehend this simple question lol. And I still have yet to receive a proper answer besides "deal with it just get your [filtered] deleted". If I get a legitimate answer that addresses my concerns then sure I'd support a merge but until then nah. Also I didn't just "make them for the sake of having them", I actually use them all and have spent a decent amount of time on each and every one of them. If I wanted to literally just inflate my character count to show off then why do I not have max characters on TR? There's more to this game than just pvp/pve but then again I'm not surprised you have such a narrow viewpoint.

    Again, there's more to this game than pvp/pve. Ok so they shouldn't have to pay to move but I should have to "pay" by potentially losing a lot of stuff in a merge? Dude if I didn't have an actual stake in this then I could care less what happens and I wouldn't even post in these threads. But the fact stands that if we were to have a merge, what happens to all my excess characters I have that all have 2x+ bank pets filled with items??? What happens to my excess bank tabs/wardrobes. Are my items going to be permanently stuck in some temp bank where once I take it out I can't put it back in? Am I going to have to DELETE my characters that are all filled with hundreds of items just so I can log in (like the last merge)????

    You keep regurgitating this nonsense about "using" and "spending time on" your characters. You don't run any PvE or PvP content. You try to say "there's more to this game than pvp/pve." TERA, like most fantasy MMOs, centers around players fighting monsters and clearing dungeons. PvP aspects also exist for those people who are interested. It's not my "narrow viewpoint". That's just the reality. Again, you do neither of these things. I don't know why you don't have max characters on TR. I don't know why you do any of the things you do. The point is that you don't do anything, so it doesn't matter what happens to you or your characters. It doesn't matter if you support the move or not. I don't know why you think I can't comprehend the question when I've already answered it. En Masse can find a way to successfully put everything together, but nobody is worried about someone who doesn't play and who accumulated a bunch of items just for the sake of having them.
    ElinLove wrote: »
    ElinUsagi wrote: »
    kamizuma wrote: »
    And I still have yet to receive a proper answer besides "deal with it just get your [filtered] deleted". If I get a legitimate answer that addresses my concerns then sure I'd support a merge but until then nah.

    That's the answer that we got 2 years ago with the server merge from 3 servers.

    Correct me if I'm wrong since my memory for stuff I don't give a dime anymore may be quite bad, but wasn't it also such that, when the 3 merged, accounts from those servers were given character slot in Fey Forest equal in count to the highest character slot count server you have?
    As in, you had 3 slots in Valley of Titans, 2 in Highwatch and 5 in Lake of Tears (were those the names? Heh memory might be better than I thought if so), in this scenario you would get 5 slots, instead of the sum of 10.

    If that isn't a "Lol screw ya deal with it" then I don't know what is. They could very easily just do as Counterpoint said and make the slot count per account, regardless of server and you're set, but I don't see 'em doing it anytime soon, much less just because suddenly merge threads became weekly. "but people have been asking for merges since betaaa" whatever, it still ain't changing the problems with it.


    Also, guys, please, just simply stop trying to force your point down other's throat as if others were selfish alone. EVERYONE is selfish here on their own ideas and everyone can pose their point as if it was a fact for the best of the community. None of us is "in the right" or wrong in this. They do need to deal with quite some issues on the server merge issue, and it's NOT a "fact" that the benefits will outweigh the disadvantages, it's just a matter of point of view.

    Even saying that it's a temporary solution, might not be factual. It may even backfire as bad publicity of a dying game, fearmongering the current players and potential new ones. Again, none of this is fact, we have 0 data, it's just one of the many possibilities, that they do need to consider.
    But I will for sure say that if I have to start deleting characters to fit on servers, I'll not be happy "buT YoURe nOT eVEn plAYIN anymOORE", yeah whatever, may as well just not come back after it, just like many other possible thousands out there.
    The issues are there, the benefits are there too, the issues do have to be dealt with even before betting on the benefits.

    Here's that acknowledgement you're looking for. Also, I don't know why you keep talking about nobody being "in the right", that there aren't any facts, continually referring to factual statements as "opinions", and so on. Even more so that you don't play anymore and you're just throwing fodder in for the sake of throwing fodder in.
    Actually, I do have some data, as a new player, and an altaholic, I'm done spending money here. I don't have enough money to just throw it away on things like bank and characters that I may not be able to keep. I so wanted to max out slots, and build a tank, at least, but nope. Not so long as it's going to be "choose who you delete so we can do a merge" that, in my own experience, doesn't solve queue problems anyway. What is the ratio of tanks/healers to dps toons? Now the matching system will let you run w/out a tank, but I have yet to see it put a group together with no healer. This is a more common issue with queues than population. How many static groups are there, with healers that won't run in a queue, since healers are notoriously hammered in PuGs? How many dungeons are run per day that never see the matching system? There's so much more to slow queue times than population, and this isn't speculation on my part, this is decades of experience dealing with queues.

    We're not talking about queues. We're talking about forming groups. Instance matching puts groups together from across all servers. Most people don't like using IM for more difficult dungeons, so they form their own groups on their own servers. Combining servers would enlarge the pool of players to form groups with.
    Oh come on guys don't be so harsh on kamizuma he's pretty useful to the community and claims there's more than pve and pvp in tera like playing in the broker, increasing prices on broker, making everyone's life worse, manipulating the market. It's your fault guys for having such a narrow mind that you can't enjoy that wonderful broker content, but even if you can't enjoy broker, you can play pranks on people making a challenge where if someone can exchange 1 bronze with you, you will give them 100kk back but that will never happen because you can't exceed the maximum gold in your inventory, increasing your popularity as the coolest guy with the most important opinion about tera topics, that's why I think you guys are being too harsh on poor kamizuma, don't forget that he's part of the Player Council and why tera's such a good game with him in it.

    Joined July 22, 2018 7:00pm

    I have no respect for someone that has to hide behind an alternate account to make comments.
    Dvsv wrote: »
    Tbh for me (and prob the vast majority of players), unless we are talking from a RMTer POV, theres's no fkn point to play this game daily to just "play the broker" and earn millions on useless virtual currency with 0 liquidity.

    Who got the "narrow mind here"? You're playing a action video game dude, I'm pretty sure the original dev put a lot of effort on this ~50GB game to be much more than a "broker simulator" lol.
    Just ask yourself: If everyone quit this game cuz horrible "PVP/PVE" content, to whom will you sell your stuff?? lol
    I'm srry, but I think that EME first should hear the complaints from people who actually still play this game .

    There we go.
    as a player council member, couldn't you find out for us from eme what would happen about all of our characters and items if a server merger were to happen and what they plan to do if they decided to do it? I know the p.c. members don't really have any say so or power, but it seems like eme staff could at least let you guys know something and in turn tell us.

    If EME staff don't even know what's going on, you think they'd pass information along to the Player Council?
    Ad hominem attacks are counterproductive. There are other examples in this thread beyond just this one case, and the validity of the argument doesn't depend on whether you agree on how one person plays the game (trying to discredit the argument by attacking the person saying it is a logical fallacy).

    No matter what, people should not have to lose characters (for which they expanded their character slots) or bound items in a merger, nor should they have to buy even more character slots than what they already had to be able to keep using those characters. It doesn't matter if anyone thinks they don't "need" those characters; they used the character slots, and they shouldn't lose them. And it's not as though it's an inevitability to begin with -- EME could do a merger and find a way to deal with this problem at the same time.

    The validity of argument directly depends on the reasoning behind it. "But muh ad hominem" isn't a valid defense here. I'm not saying I believe people should lose character slots and other things. EME needs to do this thing right if they do it at all. What I'm saying is that people who don't play anymore, or don't do anything while they're on, need to stop being put on the same level of merit as those who do.
    kubitoid wrote: »
    and youre holding candle?
    jk B) <3

    ps - tbh im against personal attacks on forums in any form but i upvote that equitas person every time they throw stuff and watnot at kamizuma pls keep it up

    Here's that acknowledgement you and vkobe are looking for. Also, I'm not your personal army. If you've got something to say to or about him, grow a spine and say it yourself.

    Last time I tried to edit out to get to just what I wanted, I broke the whole damn internet, so: It doesn't matter if it's IM or actually posting an LFG, static groups are static. If I want to run something, and I have a static group, I'm not going to hit a PUG. There is no difference there. You want, or need there to be one for some sort of validation, but it doesn't matter. If players aren't hitting the LFG posts on all servers, putting them together isn't going to change that. I've seen the aftermath of this scenario.

    Three dungeon runs in two days where I didn't get my quests done inside, despite stating at the start that I wanted to do them. This is why I won't be overly concerned about queueing up for content. I'm in guilds on both servers I play on, if I need a group, I'll speak up in guild, put something together and run it. I'm not going to be mad at someone that's run the content 1,000 times wanting to zerg it and be done, I'd feel the same way, but since I'm still trying to get first runs on more than a few characters, zerging isn't going to get me what I need. A premade group, however, will. I'm a veteran MMO player, I can, if I have to, and have, in point of fact, come back later and solo it. My experience with grouping so far has taught me that I'm better off doing that, so that I know I'll get my quests done, than relying on Matching, or hitting an LFG.
  • AbstractCHAbstractCH ✭✭✭
    Answer: we’ll never get a server merge because it causes so many issues with character slots and names. People are forced to delete characters that they can’t even log into to retrieve their items, they just have to delete them. If you enjoy tera and want fo play on an “active” server just pay the $20 and transfer like everyone else did. No matter how times you guys spam these threads we will not get a server merge because it only benefits a small part of the players and hurts the rest.
  • seraphinushseraphinush ✭✭✭✭
    AV is fine we don't need a merge
  • ElinLoveElinLove ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh look, yet another "I reply to you all at once cause you don't deserve separate topics" Equitas wall, with obviously the same formula over and over, getting pissed at everyone for nothing, heck this one made me laugh:
    Equitas wrote: »
    kubitoid wrote: »
    and youre holding candle?
    jk B) <3

    ps - tbh im against personal attacks on forums in any form but i upvote that equitas person every time they throw stuff and watnot at kamizuma pls keep it up

    Here's that acknowledgement you and vkobe are looking for. Also, I'm not your personal army. If you've got something to say to or about him, grow a spine and say it yourself.

    wooo much savage gotta get 'em savage roast likes eh?

    Just in case it wasn't clear (who knows what goes through people's minds around here): your point ain't getting any closer to EME's heads ups with this, in case playing the cool guy on the Internet is your goal then go ahead then, the jailbars shall stay it seems.

    Now to the specific part you quote me up then:
    Equitas wrote: »
    ElinLove wrote: »
    ElinUsagi wrote: »
    kamizuma wrote: »
    And I still have yet to receive a proper answer besides "deal with it just get your [filtered] deleted". If I get a legitimate answer that addresses my concerns then sure I'd support a merge but until then nah.

    That's the answer that we got 2 years ago with the server merge from 3 servers.

    Correct me if I'm wrong since my memory for stuff I don't give a dime anymore may be quite bad, but wasn't it also such that, when the 3 merged, accounts from those servers were given character slot in Fey Forest equal in count to the highest character slot count server you have?
    As in, you had 3 slots in Valley of Titans, 2 in Highwatch and 5 in Lake of Tears (were those the names? Heh memory might be better than I thought if so), in this scenario you would get 5 slots, instead of the sum of 10.

    If that isn't a "Lol screw ya deal with it" then I don't know what is. They could very easily just do as Counterpoint said and make the slot count per account, regardless of server and you're set, but I don't see 'em doing it anytime soon, much less just because suddenly merge threads became weekly. "but people have been asking for merges since betaaa" whatever, it still ain't changing the problems with it.


    Also, guys, please, just simply stop trying to force your point down other's throat as if others were selfish alone. EVERYONE is selfish here on their own ideas and everyone can pose their point as if it was a fact for the best of the community. None of us is "in the right" or wrong in this. They do need to deal with quite some issues on the server merge issue, and it's NOT a "fact" that the benefits will outweigh the disadvantages, it's just a matter of point of view.

    Even saying that it's a temporary solution, might not be factual. It may even backfire as bad publicity of a dying game, fearmongering the current players and potential new ones. Again, none of this is fact, we have 0 data, it's just one of the many possibilities, that they do need to consider.
    But I will for sure say that if I have to start deleting characters to fit on servers, I'll not be happy "buT YoURe nOT eVEn plAYIN anymOORE", yeah whatever, may as well just not come back after it, just like many other possible thousands out there.
    The issues are there, the benefits are there too, the issues do have to be dealt with even before betting on the benefits.

    Here's that acknowledgement you're looking for. Also, I don't know why you keep talking about nobody being "in the right", that there aren't any facts, continually referring to factual statements as "opinions", and so on. Even more so that you don't play anymore and you're just throwing fodder in for the sake of throwing fodder in.

    "Here's that acknowledgement you're looking for": and you added exactly WHAT to the topic again? What kind of productive argument you had?
    I comment here as much as I want, and bother with this game as much as I want to one day come back for good. I don't want to come to a screen of character deletion instead on some deader than before server (don't give me the "but they merged 3 dead servers" answer, cause what exactly do you think will happen with a merge now? they're ALL dead, some with less life support gear on them, while others are closer to pulling the plugs, they're ALL on the state on which FF was formed. Including the aforementioned.
    You making it sound like there actually IS someone who is correct and holds the truth on the question of whether we should have a merge or not, is a serious case of inflated ego. I don't even need ask who you think...
    " continually referring to factual statements as 'opinions'"... WHAT FACTS? Name me ONE actual FACT here that isn't downright obvious that I'm downplaying as opinion. Just one. A single argument that you have actual data to back you up. Your "feel" of the situation is not a factual data just to save you the hassle.

    The ego inflation is real on this one
  • counterpointcounterpoint ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 24
    Equitas wrote: »
    The validity of argument directly depends on the reasoning behind it. "But muh ad hominem" isn't a valid defense here. I'm not saying I believe people should lose character slots and other things. EME needs to do this thing right if they do it at all. What I'm saying is that people who don't play anymore, or don't do anything while they're on, need to stop being put on the same level of merit as those who do.

    Honestly, too much Forum PvP for me. You're not actually disagreeing with his actual argument, then. You could have just said: yes, we need a merger, but yes, we need a solution to this problem at the same time so people aren't screwed during a merger. I don't think he was ever trying to claim that his concern was more important on the global scale, but it's obviously important to him and to others who would be hurt by it. We can have both, and should push for that.

    In my personal order of preference (if anything were possible):

    1. I would first start by implementing cross-server LFG to see to what degree that helps. (I'm pretty sure they hinted this was in the works, but I would want to know if/when.)
    2. If that's not enough, I would also consider cross-server broker.
    3. If a merger is determined to be necessary, ideally I would increase the maximum amount of character slots and bank/wardrobe slots to be the max total of the combined servers. (That might require some adjustment to the bank UI.) Amount received on the combined server should be the total of all combined servers, not the max.
    4. If 3) isn't possible, then I would *at least* remove the feature that requires people to delete characters when the exceed the cap. Just let them keep using whatever characters they have even if they can't create more. (This alone wouldn't address the bank issue, which may require a different solution.)
    5. If 4) isn't possible, then I would run a report on the amount of players who would be affected by character overflow and determine if a manual solution (such as item rebinding) is feasible for these cases or not. If it's not feasible to handle it manually, I would devise some sort of compensation program based on an inventory of characters/items bound before the announcement.

    Maybe there are other ideas beyond these; those are just off the top of my head.

    In the end, no matter what, there is some way to deal with it so that it at least acknowledges the problem and tries to come with as equitable a solution as possible.
  • Equitas wrote: »
    The validity of argument directly depends on the reasoning behind it. "But muh ad hominem" isn't a valid defense here. I'm not saying I believe people should lose character slots and other things. EME needs to do this thing right if they do it at all. What I'm saying is that people who don't play anymore, or don't do anything while they're on, need to stop being put on the same level of merit as those who do.

    Honestly, too much Forum PvP for me. You're not actually disagreeing with his actual argument, then. You could have just said: yes, we need a merger, but yes, we need a solution to this problem at the same time so people aren't screwed during a merger. I don't think he was ever trying to claim that his concern was more important on the global scale, but it's obviously important to him and to others who would be hurt by it. We can have both, and should push for that.

    In my personal order of preference (if anything were possible):

    1. I would first start by implementing cross-server LFG to see to what degree that helps. (I'm pretty sure they hinted this was in the works, but I would want to know if/when.)
    2. If that's not enough, I would also consider cross-server broker.
    3. If a merger is determined to be necessary, ideally I would increase the maximum amount of character slots and bank/wardrobe slots to be the max total of the combined servers. (That might require some adjustment to the bank UI.) Amount received on the combined server should be the total of all combined servers, not the max.
    4. If 3) isn't possible, then I would *at least* remove the feature that requires people to delete characters when the exceed the cap. Just let them keep using whatever characters they have even if they can't create more. (This alone wouldn't address the bank issue, which may require a different solution.)
    5. If 4) isn't possible, then I would run a report on the amount of players who would be affected by character overflow and determine if a manual solution (such as item rebinding) is feasible for these cases or not. If it's not feasible to handle it manually, I would devise some sort of compensation program based on an inventory of characters/items bound before the announcement.

    Maybe there are other ideas beyond these; those are just off the top of my head.

    In the end, no matter what, there is some way to deal with it so that it at least acknowledges the problem and tries to come with as equitable a solution as possible.

    Ordinarily, bank limits exist due to database concerns. Now maybe it wouldn't be as much of an issue since they load the bank one page at a time, but the limit isn't an arbitrarily arrived at number, usually. The easiest way to check this would be to empty page one, and then open the bank, then, fill it back up, and load it again, and note the time lag between empty and full. Then multiply that by x, with x being a number of players accessing that database at the same time, server wide, since it's all the same database. So while increasing the bank space may be feasible, it may not be practical. Too much strain can cause a crash, which can lead to lost items, and maybe even game downtime while the crash is reset.

    I'm sure that, if it were as simple as adding another row of slots to the UI, it would have been done by now. Bank space is a marketable item, after all, and if they can sell it, they'll surely add it. I'm not even being negative when I say that, it's common sense business practice. So I'm betting that there's something on the backend that doesn't allow this.
  • PagesPages ✭✭✭✭
    We're just going to pretend like a merge solves the problems as opposed to finding a way to increase player retention?

    Eventually there won't be any servers left to merge.
  • tisnotmetisnotme ✭✭✭
    just like when group players winged they couldn't find groups to run dungeons and ern need to het rid of the solo run ability to the them to force solo players in to groups years back
    yer some tried but got sick of the salt so they learnt to run the group dungeons solo

    well im done spending on this game now seeing we'll just loose keep loosing stuff again in merges like last time and end up with less servers all looking like FF does now after that server merge fix
  • GatokatzenGatokatzen ✭✭✭
    I am ok with server merge , but it wont fix looking for groups in hardcore community.
    People dont run hardcore content due to toxic community. And stratosferic times to reach item level for it.
    Pvp is death cause queque system ask for 15vs15 or 3vs3. To start the game.
    If you let normal rewards and allow 5vs5 fwc and cs with join in progress. Guess tons of people going to do pvp again. (Yeah hardcores are going to dropout each second, but many people that spend money will play for sure)

    Also add a star system for all dugen to keep people playing. same dugen is omega bored. Unlock all for casual base player.
    I mean imagine R9K or Runious manor for 431 easy mode 439 medium, till 456 hard and 480 epic hard.(put rewards according to difficulty).
    I magine with this you can play more different dugens every day and learn mechanics for hardmodes.

    Gear progression dont keep people playing a game. People need a game to play. Look fornite and pubg. Who cares of armor people love play against each other. Thats the key.
  • @KitTeaCup PLEASE DON T LISTEN TO SERAPHINUSH,AV NEEDS A MERGE SO MUCH,in my opinion,it s better to merge all pves(ch,tr and av) and all pvps(ff and mt),it s just my suggestion :)
  • MT (CU) vs FF (CU) coming soon !!
  • ElinLoveElinLove ✭✭✭✭✭
    MT (CU) vs FF (CU) coming soon !!

    For some reason I can seriously imagine some feud clash between bit-shots on each server.

    Could be a funny outcome
Sign In or Register to comment.