[TERA PC] Kaia’s War—the latest content update for TERA PC—is now live! This patch brings a host of improvements to PvP, including increased rewards for battleground victories and Civil Unrest: Velika. Read the patch notes here: https://bit.ly/v92_notes

Name wipe before Server Merges?

There's way too many taken names by inactive members for the server merger to be a "success", i feel it's a more pressing issue as well. I'd like to see names get free'd up before we're stuck losing our ign's with the merges.

Comments

• KillerPenguinsKillerPenguins ✭✭✭✭
    inb4 20 annoyed name-sellers throwing [filtered] hissy fits
  • ElinLoveElinLove ✭✭✭✭✭
    YOHOO IT WAS TAKING LONG FOR THAT TOPIC TO COME!!!

To be fair tho it kinda does become relevant now, my guess is that it's 1st come 1st serve in therms of log-in with the character. So inactives with same name ain't gonna snatch it, but that's just a guess.

Also true that now many names will be taken (sometimes maybe 2 or more times at once) so new characters on merged servers gonna have to get creative.
  • StarSpriteStarSprite ✭✭✭✭
    On today's stream Singlebear mentioned a name wipe running before the merge
  • ZingoPingoZingoPingo ✭✭✭
    Losing a few names for the sake of saving a dying game seems a fair price. It's gotta be annoying for the people who have lots of good names saved but holy heck the servers are dead and we all see it.
  • i have 80 characters what about me
  • ZingoPingoZingoPingo ✭✭✭
    I know that's a dig at Kami, let's just wait and see what EME has to say before throwing a fit at him and other whales.
  • Elinu1Elinu1 Canada ✭✭✭✭
    Son of a [filtered], now I have to name change like 4 characters to higher playtime characters. I don't want anyone jacking my names.
  • vkobevkobe ✭✭✭✭✭
    but is mean you can take back angel :3
  • GatokatzenGatokatzen ✭✭✭
    Cool hope be true, i am tired of all my characters names. Changed for free sound cool. I only have 8 that love.
    So feel bad for people with 80 characters. Guess will be a bilonaire gold wipe.
    And ktera news said less gold for next patches.
  • Elinu1Elinu1 Canada ✭✭✭✭
    vkobe wrote: »
    but is mean you can take back angel :3

I don't really miss the name as much as I originally did, But no one is getting Yuki or Loli from me
  • vkobevkobe ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZingoPingo wrote: »
    Losing a few names for the sake of saving a dying game seems a fair price. It's gotta be annoying for the people who have lots of good names saved but holy heck the servers are dead and we all see it.

i dont think it will save tera, console was the last hope, now it seem 2018 is the last year to enjoy tera remnant, anyway it was fun, so i suppose everything have a end, i already experienced that with the first guild war, seem my cute elin will retired in same place than my guild war character :3
  • Elinu1 wrote: »
    Son of a [filtered], now I have to name change like 4 characters to higher playtime characters. I don't want anyone jacking my names.

I'm pretty sure its how long you've had the name.
  • i actually don't remember from last server merge
  • Elinu1 wrote: »

its given to the player with the most play time in game.
    http://tera.enmasse.com/news/posts/tera-console-server-merge#name_change

• PagesPages ✭✭✭✭
    BOBBYYYY wrote: »
    Elinu1 wrote: »

It's based on playtime on the character with the name.

For example, lets say I have the name "Tera" on FF. I've had it since before the very first name wipe, so multiple years.

Right now, it's on a level 1 character. When the servers merge, if I don't move that name to a character with actual playtime, and someone on the server we merge with has the name "Tera" with even say 10 days of playtime, they'll get the name. It doesn't matter how long it's been on my account, it matters how much playtime the character currently using the name has.