[TERA PC & Console] En Masse is closing, but TERA lives on! We will continue to support TERA PC (NA) and TERA Console until services are transferred. Our Service Moving Info page is now live here: https://bit.ly/tera_service_moving

Name wipe before Server Merges?

Comments

• ahh okay thanks
  • edited July 2018
    Pages wrote: »
    BOBBYYYY wrote: »
    Elinu1 wrote: »
    Son of a [filtered], now I have to name change like 4 characters to higher playtime characters. I don't want anyone jacking my names.

I'm pretty sure its how long you've had the name.

It's based on playtime on the character with the name. [...]

That being said, they did mention that "the policies for PC may differ from console," so it isn't guaranteed yet that these will be the only criteria. I imagine it'll be a factor, but it's possible there could be other additional factors on PC as well. Should wait for final confirmation to be sure.
  • Y7XMMFLF5RY7XMMFLF5R ✭✭
    edited July 2018
    at this point I don't give a single flying [filtered] about losing my characters' unique names, not even my main's, I just care about a more lively game even though it is boring af to run same things over and over, at least trade broker will have more items, guilds will have more active members where you can run stuff together, LFG may be active or not, but if you make your own LFG I am sure finding members will be easier, if the game is dying it is because of crybabies who prefer their stupid names over a more active game, many of my friends who couldn't server transfer quit the game, I just hope this server merge will bring them back.
  • LancerJivaLancerJiva ✭✭✭✭✭
    I agree its been 3 years since the last name wipe, names taken by characters that haven't been played in who knows how long.
  • Yakusan wrote: »
    There's way too many taken names by inactive members for the server merger to be a "success", i feel it's a more pressing issue as well. I'd like to see names get free'd up before we're stuck losing our ign's with the merges.

Wait, what? You're saying that the servers are dead enough to warrant a merge because Player Y couldn't get the name they wanted? Or, is this a fallback post for when a merge doesn't solve the issues that had players insisting it was needed?
  • tisnotmetisnotme ✭✭✭✭
    Y7XMMFLF5R wrote: »
    at least trade broker will have more items, many of my friends who couldn't server transfer quit the game, I just hope this server merge will bring them back.

wait what you think there will be more stuff in the broker after you screw over the players that spend money on the game for your friends that wouldn't even spend on a server transfer to be happy and come back to play
    like they left with out even just making and lvling a new alt in the other server so they didn't have to pay they just left
  • I may finally be able to yoink the name I've wanted for years. :evilgrin:
  • ZoknahalZoknahal ✭✭✭✭✭
    My only concern is that the moment the new merged servers are up and running, the next 10 mins, we will be back to square one, because those who log in first, looking at you name sellers, will take all possible names they can, leave them on inactive characters forever, and then try to sell them to people who want to actually use the name, but has to pay over 500k, for a name... seriously, all of you ppl who defend thus practice are just the worst.
  • ElinUsagiElinUsagi ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2018
    Zoknahal wrote: »
    My only concern is that the moment the new merged servers are up and running, the next 10 mins, we will be back to square one, because those who log in first, looking at you name sellers, will take all possible names they can, leave them on inactive characters forever, and then try to sell them to people who want to actually use the name, but has to pay over 500k, for a name... seriously, all of you ppl who defend thus practice are just the worst.

Agreed with that.

I hope names can be keep by activity on the character and not because date of creation. Same thing for guild names.
  • KXRC9JMW74KXRC9JMW74 ✭✭✭
    edited July 2018
    Name that are active on all servers will have a number. Like jerk1 jerk2 jerk3 and so on
    (these names are just for show) tho i have seen worst names LMFAO
  • Zoknahal wrote: »

EME should ban those name sellers ''if reported'', that's one way to take care of those losers, if banning is too severe, they should at least delete those inactive characters they created to sell names, or they should put a long CD on a released name to be used again.
  • ElinUsagiElinUsagi ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2018

EME should ban those name sellers ''if reported'', that's one way to take care of those losers, if banning is too severe, they should at least delete those inactive characters they created to sell names, or they should put a long CD on a released name to be used again.

It is just funny how many of those name sellers are part of certain Tera proxy discord.

You can see in their trade channel tons of names being offered for gold on irlm.
  • ZoknahalZoknahal ✭✭✭✭✭

If EME wants to ban them, they can find them really easy in the TERA discord. Why they havent done that yet, they must have their own reasons.
  • KXRC9JMW74KXRC9JMW74 ✭✭✭
    I. Selling/Trading of Character Names
    - Requesting or offering the exchange of TERA character names for other goods/services.

It is against the rules