[TERA Console] We will enter maintenance on 05/26 (Tue) at 7:00 p.m. PT, and have an expected downtime of 3 hours. For details, please visit the following thread: http://bit.ly/teraconsolemaintenance
[TERA PC] We confirmed that an issue with Civil Unrest persists, so Civil Unrest will remain disabled until further notice. Thank you for understanding.

Merge servers? make it only 3?

Comments

• edited July 2018
    ElinUsagi wrote: »
    6PLYMD55EL wrote: »
    @KitTeaCup PLEASE DON T LISTEN TO SERAPHINUSH,AV NEEDS A MERGE SO MUCH,in my opinion,it s better to merge all pves(ch,tr and av) and all pvps(ff and mt),it s just my suggestion :)

I am not worried about MT and FF being merged, if anything that will make MT CU more lively because even FF has more guilds trying to get ranks (the [filtered] even AV has more guild trying than any other server) and I am not talking about feeder guilds.

However, merging 3 servers may get more issues because a lot of similar character names from diferent players and also the other issue at had, from players having more character on those 3 servers than the limit amount of characters the game allows you to have.

about the names,it s ok,a lot of inative chars will lost their names,and about char slots,we will probably get the server we have the max char slots available,and i can t belive there is a lot of people that play with a lot of chars in 3 servers x-x,still aggre with 3 pves becoming 1,+people +runs +lfg +people learning and getting opportunity to run end game content,leaving av or ch alone will just make more players transfer to tr and killing av and ch more and more until there are only static parties :(
  • 6PLYMD55EL wrote: »
    ElinUsagi wrote: »
    6PLYMD55EL wrote: »
    @KitTeaCup PLEASE DON T LISTEN TO SERAPHINUSH,AV NEEDS A MERGE SO MUCH,in my opinion,it s better to merge all pves(ch,tr and av) and all pvps(ff and mt),it s just my suggestion :)

I am not worried about MT and FF being merged, if anything that will make MT CU more lively because even FF has more guilds trying to get ranks (the [filtered] even AV has more guild trying than any other server) and I am not talking about feeder guilds.

However, merging 3 servers may get more issues because a lot of similar character names from diferent players and also the other issue at had, from players having more character on those 3 servers than the limit amount of characters the game allows you to have.

about the names,it s ok,a lot of inative chars will lost their names,and about char slots,we will probably get the server we have the max char slots available,and i can t belive there is a lot of people that play with a lot of chars in 3 servers x-x,still aggre with 3 pves becoming 1,+people +runs +lfg +people learning and getting opportunity to run end game content,leaving av or ch alone will just make more players transfer to tr and killing av and ch more and more until there are only static parties :(

The majority of your LFG woes can already be traced to static parties. Dungeon run today, random queue, trying to do a quest, 3/5 wanted to just skip it for their zerg. I'm not mad, 2/5 did the quest, and still had to go help the zergers with the boss they were so worried about getting to, so the 3 minutes of guard duty wouldn't have been anything of an inconvenience, but if my guild had 5 players in that range, I'd have built a static from there, and run with that. I already run endgame stuff in guild groups, no LFG, no queues, I run with the guild, or I don't run. Why put myself through the aggravation, if I don't have to?
  • LapomkoLapomko ✭✭✭
    Don't even bother making a static because day after day most of the guys will go to TR and you have to find people to fill in that spot all the time.
  • StarkhoeStarkhoe ✭✭✭
    kubitoid wrote: »
    ps - tbh im against personal attacks on forums in any form but i upvote that equitas person every time they throw stuff and watnot at kamizuma pls keep it up

I concur. I enjoy seeing the angry fellow go toe to toe with money bags. Thats the server merge spirit!

• StarkhoeStarkhoe ✭✭✭
    edited August 2018
    Equitas wrote: »
    "angry"

Yeah "angry". Its just a vibe you put out I guess. Just my opinion, you don`t have to agree me with of course. I don`t really know you. Tho you have to admit, you keep coming at him with a passion, so that kind of rules out giving you nickname like "Kamiz`s fan". And I... can`t really say that I understand why you even talk to him. As much as I enjoy seeing you two go at it, its really quite pointless. I mean look, you told him " You don't PvE. You don't PvP", right? I am led to believe that this is true about him, so that settles it imo. I mean if Money Bags were to argue with me over content, or even in general, id just laugh. All I see is some rich dude complaining about possibly losing his stuff. #Tragedy. #Having.A.Full.Life. Cry me a river, right. So that`s that.
  • ElinLoveElinLove ✭✭✭✭✭
    ElinLove wrote: »
    the jailbars shall stay it seems.

Surprise! Learn your place.

Ppfff "learn your place", oh here comes the Napoleon complex back, I was wondering what made you stop like I cared.

Calmed down?
  • vkobevkobe ✭✭✭✭✭
    Napoleon dynamite ?
  • ToxicDemiseToxicDemise ✭✭
    edited August 2018
    kamizuma wrote: »
    what happens to my characters then

SVHhgT1.png
    ]

Your basically screwed. If you look at the server merge in May of this year on TERA EU they only allowed 20 characters for the new server. Any additional characters will have to be deleted. So if they merge together TR, AV, CH you're going to lose 10 characters. As for MT and FF you will lose 14 characters. So altogether your looking at losing 24 of your characters. I feel bad for you! I wonder if they would allow you to transfer them to a new account or at least give you emp or gold back to cover all those additional character slots you purchased.
  • edited August 2018
    kamizuma wrote: »
    what happens to my characters then

SVHhgT1.png
    So if they merge together TR, AV, CH you're going to lose 10 characters.

FWIW, he'd actually lose 27 characters, bringing the total lost characters to 41 (about half his total character count). Plus, not only would he outright lose the character slots he already bought, and whatever cash shop items were bound to these characters, he may even have to buy more character slots for one or more of the ones he has left.

I know people don't really care in his case because they think "he can afford it," but there are a lot of other people who'll be affected by this this time who can't or won't just eat the loss. These are merging servers that were there since the original launch, and remember the original Founders Pack gave everyone 8/server, not 2. Plus, some of these servers have been targets of merges before. Regardless of whether he can afford it or not, I still don't think it's a fair way to treat purchases people make. I hope they find some sort of solution.
  • StarkhoeStarkhoe ✭✭✭
    edited August 2018
    I didn't realize that the prerequisite for addressing someone was being angry. I wasn't aware that addressing someone was the same thing as going at them "with a passion". I'm not one of these braindead weebs who only speak in keyboard faceroll.

It was just the wording I went with. Someone else, might have said something else. I don`t ponder too much about the logic or full rational of that nickname, nor do I care how other people express themselves, or even what they think. This forum is tacky. All I ever really see around here is a bunch of people using that old excuse of "voicing their opinions", when in reality, in most cases it just seems like a pissing content. People arguing to have that last word, the best Meme, the best comeback, the best openly displayed rational, or whatever other stupid trend people choose to go with. As I said before, I just don`t know you well enough to say weather or not you`re a rational person, or if you`re someone that relishes arguments, for the sake of arguing. After all, you seem to be quite opinionated, and most of you`re communication with people here seem aggressive. Which is fine and most of the people I seen you communicate with don`t seem like they are you`re friends. Again, this is simply how it looks from the side, from my own prospective. I`m saying that because, well, I don`t know about you, but I come to this place purely for cheap and free entertainment, read patch notes, and to take occasional jabs at the often ridicules turns this game keeps taking. Why else would anyone be here.

Look. Believe it or not, id like to think that you`re not a "braindead weeb who speaks in facerolls". Whlie its true that I might have given you a nickname you felt was out of place, I did in fact agree with you. Both here, and in some other places. Hell id even go as far as saying that I think its up to the players to call out council members and put them in their place, just like they do to EME. Because if the players don't, then who will. See, some of the points that Money Bags made were actually quite valid for someone like him. Its like seeing Uncle Scrooge taking a stand for all the other Uncle Scrooge`s out there. Its fantastic imo, funny to watch. However, what he might not have pointed out, is the hypothetical situation of what happens if the game just up and dies, and how would that effect him. In my opinion that`s the scenario he is much more concerned about, as that might actually happen. And if that happens and he looses backing space, names and characters, his account might drop in value because of this. You know what I mean. Its kind of like basic marketing, in a sense. Selling you`re stock at the right time before it plummets. Obviously he wouldn't be able to admit to any of this openly, and its just a theory, right. I`m not saying he`s a scammer. But I am saying that he`s probably not that far from it. So I have no sympathy towards him.
    I understand that you're used to dealing with angsty weebs who don't know how to think for themselves, and who faceroll their keyboards in anger at anything that doesn't align with their misguided views, but I'm not that guy. I feel like that should have made itself obvious by now. I'm not "angry". I don't go at anyone "with a passion". Me replying to someone doesn't mean either of these things.

I`m used to dealing with all sorts of people, and I try not to take anyone too seriously. I don`t take myself very seriously either. If you`re not that type of guy, then i`m glad to hear that. After all nothing is ever truly obvious when it comes to strangers you meet on the internet. A person actual circumstances and current state of mind are things best left seen overtime, and in various situations. The fact that a person can sit down and compose a reply at their leisure and absolute comfort, makes it hard to say whos who. One moment you could be talking to someone that appears calm and rational, the next thing you know, you could see that very same person going nuts over trivial things. It happens.
  • CatservantCatservant ✭✭✭✭
    As to myself, I am torn regarding a merge.

I'm on CH, and I would LOVE more people for lfg and for market, would love to have more people play CU.

But part of me just wants to wait for BHS to make the fabled multiserver lfg. If it was already being implemented in Korea, it'd be a no-brainer--just wait.

But it isn't, and so we have no idea how long a wait we will have, and so...I don't know. Part of me wants to argue for CH to be included. We can RP just fine on any PVE server. Part of me wants to argue we should be left alone.

In the end, for some reason, I felt the need to post my indecision. I, who once would have argued for CH being left alone without a second thought, am torn. Maybe a poll could be done or something, for people on CH?
  • allofspaceandtimeallofspaceandtime ✭✭✭✭✭
    Catservant wrote: »
    As to myself, I am torn regarding a merge.

I'm on CH, and I would LOVE more people for lfg and for market, would love to have more people play CU.

But part of me just wants to wait for BHS to make the fabled multiserver lfg. If it was already being implemented in Korea, it'd be a no-brainer--just wait.

But it isn't, and so we have no idea how long a wait we will have, and so...I don't know. Part of me wants to argue for CH to be included. We can RP just fine on any PVE server. Part of me wants to argue we should be left alone.

In the end, for some reason, I felt the need to post my indecision. I, who once would have argued for CH being left alone without a second thought, am torn. Maybe a poll could be done or something, for people on CH?

I don't think people would bother us too much if we r.p. on any server. our usual spots on a different server would be dead cause of people on those servers don't normally go to those places. people on av doesn't normally hang out around the tavern in velika or in castanica.
    if it does become a problem for us if we merge, maybe we could use a set channel for r.p. in an area, and if that area only has 1 channel, then maybe they could add another channel for that area for r.p. hopefully with them merging servers, they will go back and add all the channels back into the game like we used to have.