[TERA PC & Console] En Masse is closing, but TERA lives on! We will continue to support TERA PC (NA) and TERA Console until services are transferred. Our Service Moving Info page is now live here: https://bit.ly/tera_service_moving

Q: Isle of Dawn Vanguard Quests.

Ive been grinding, Hunt brutal orisk / ovolisk / basilisk; but I was reading in order to get the Mats I need I need to Farm the Tier two mobs,
Lv 67 Brutal Bloodbound Teraliths, Lv 67 Brutal Fimbrilisks, Lv 67 Brutal Searing Fangspawns
This page https://essentialmana.com/island-of-dawn/ says I need a gear level of 417, but My Gear is 420Something,
and I seem plenty powerful enough to do on my test Run; so How do I acquire the Vanguard Quest for the rewards I need.

Comments

• Ves1978Ves1978 ✭✭✭✭
    i'm pretty sure you need 431 ilvl to open mid bams.
  • EllexemEllexem ✭✭✭
    The linked page is out of date by close to two years.

Mid tier is 431 (essentially all 4 Guardian pieces upgraded to Twistshard+0 with 'good' rolls/effects)
    High tier is 439 (Frostmetal+0, Bellum accessories, green inner have worked for me in the past for this, IIRC)
  • seraphinushseraphinush ✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2018
    Written by fluffy_tails on Sunday February 21st, 2016 in General Guide
    :thinking:
  • GatokatzenGatokatzen ✭✭✭
    Mid tier bams can be destroyed with 431 easy way.
    Thats only 8k gold no xp needed
  • Blackbirdx61Blackbirdx61 ✭✭
    edited July 2018
    Ok so you need mid tier gear to farm the mobs that get you the mats to upgrade to mid tier gear. Lovely catch 22 that.
    But thank you all for the help now at least I can try to form a plan to get some Metamorphic Emblems they seem to be the only way I can get the Polished Arunic Ores I need; oh and wood scraps too.
  • ElinUsagiElinUsagi ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ok so you need mid tier gear to farm the mobs that get you the mats to upgrade to mid tier gear. Lovely catch 22 that.
    But thank you all for the help now at least I can try to form a plan to get some Metamorphic Emblems they seem to be the only way I can get the Polished Arunic Ores I need.

No, you need mid tier bams rewards to enchant mid tier gear, not to upgrade to it.
  • EllexemEllexem ✭✭✭

If you don't have 431 ilvl with the three main armor pieces and the weapon as Twistshard+0, which you can get from doing only tier 1 stuff, then you need to fix the selected enchantment effects (also often referred to as 'rolls' due to how they used to be random rolls) on your items. Any green ones on those four pieces will lower ilvl.

And just for the sake of completeness, if you want to keep the green rolls, then you need to focus on enchanting the weapon, that is the only thing that will give you ilvl increases as you push it up. The three armor pieces will only increase ilvl when you upgrade to the next tier, staying the same while being enchanted.
    But thank you all for the help now at least I can try to form a plan to get some Metamorphic Emblems they seem to be the only way I can get the Polished Arunic Ores I need; oh and wood scraps too.

Wood scraps are in dungeons. You can't get them from only doing Island of Dawn. (Supposedly there is some change for that in the pipeline somewhere, but I forget which K-TERA patch note that was in.)

You can just do the Echo Arcana solo dungeon if you need some, and don't want to bother with the more group focused options. (Guardian Legion will have these as well, if you want to go that path. And of course they can be found in the enchanting boxes from group dungeons of that ilvl range.)

Polished Arunic Ores can be farmed via the ACE solo dungeons, if you don't want to do Guardian Legion or group dungeons for them.
    edited July 2018
    Thanks Ellexem a lot of good info there, I appreciate your taking the time.
    On the Ace Dungeons, it seems to me to mostly a Badge farm, while some sweet drops are possible, everything I've read indicates nothing much drops at all. Did Akasha's Hideout twice tonight, I think I got a Silver Talent; but I got a few badges and I think I picked the wrong challenge as I hammered through pretty quick I think and that should only get better with a little experience. so Thanks again.
  • EllexemEllexem ✭✭✭
    On the Ace Dungeons, it seems to me to mostly a Badge farm, while some sweet drops are possible, everything I've read indicates nothing much drops at all. Did Akasha's Hideout twice tonight, I think I got a Silver Talent; but I got a few badges and I think I picked the wrong challenge as I hammered through pretty quick I think and that should only get better with a little experience. so Thanks again.

There usually are 1-3 Ores as a drop on the ground from either of the two challenges, as far as I can recall. The boss might have thrown it somewhere unexpected when it died, so be sure to look around, if you don't have a loot pet to do that for you. It's not a fast way to gain them though, since you can only do 4 challenges (2 of each) per day and character.

My apologies for not making that clearer, though nothing is really fast to farm when you're just starting out with the low and mid tier gear. Earning 40 boxes (and thus 10k Guardian Legion credits to buy materials with) is liable to take you hours at that level as well. And you still need ilvl 431 to actually buy the ores from the middle Guardian Legion vendor.

The ace badges are sadly almost entirely pointless. The only thing that gives current content things, the plunder boxes for glyphs, are more easily farmed via Tier 2 Island of Dawn. The etchings are so utterly overpriced, compared to what the IoD tokens can provide, that it's not even funny.

Personally, I've found the Baracos challenge to be easier, at least when I'm not using a character that can just kill them quickly, because Akasha always tramples and knocks me around endlessly, but that might well just be me.
    edited August 2018
    Actually todays Drops were much better, Got a Few Arunic Ores and an Oil. Was happy with the Loot; Its a nice oppertunity to bash some uglies and that ultimately what I play most any game for, and so long as I have a pretty clear path forward; and I've a much better vision of that now than 3 days ago. Im cool with a some time grinding.

I have the same problem with Akasha, I just have to rocket out of her way as much possible while Balders recharges.
    One or Two doses of that does her in fine.

You've been a huge help. TY again. BB.
  • 433 Today, as you suggested, after I replaced my last Guardian piece I still had to reroll some stat lines to gold. I would swear I actually dropped in fire power somehow; I'm not oneshotting some Mobs/Bosses as much as I had been, but at least I've broke the 431 Barrier and I can tweek those Stat lines later. One thing at a time.