[TERA Console] We will enter maintenance on 05/26 (Tue) at 7:00 p.m. PT, and have an expected downtime of 3 hours. For details, please visit the following thread: http://bit.ly/teraconsolemaintenance
[TERA PC] We confirmed that an issue with Civil Unrest persists, so Civil Unrest will remain disabled until further notice. Thank you for understanding.

Server Merger name rules Proposal

Ohhh it's a server merge !!! cool ! some of us wanted for this long time ago... but what happens to my main name and my alts names?

I would like to suggest an idea to our en masse team regarding character names.

Game time: right and fair in most cases, but what if the person is simply not active in the game? I say 1 month or more without logging in, would it really be fair for those who did not have enough game time but are still active and keeping the game alive lose their respective names for inactive users?
I propose that not only the playing time be counted but also if the account / character be active, giving advantage to those who still play.

Taking advantage of the server merge could give vipe in names of inactive accounts (username_1) for example.

We have to give importance to those who are active, not those who simply suck bytes from the servers, after all, if it's just play time, the one that stopped in the renegade set and that has 200 days and you playing today and have less will simply have your beautiful name username_1 q ~ q '
sad not? and who still plays? xD

From 1 to 3 months inactive x who plays daily, who should we care?

Opinions please, and grateful for the attention.

Comments

• Yes, this is what they did it during the FF merger. First they deactivated the names for characters that had not been active in <x> time (having given everyone a fair warning), and then second (if there was still a conflict) they gave the name to the character with the most play time. They haven't announced the details yet, but I am assuming they will do something similar this time.
  • LuniackLuniack Velika Outskirts ✭✭✭
    similar game time between characters is hard LOL
  • vkobevkobe ✭✭✭✭✭
    we will try to steal your name :3
    if was playing time based, you can't cuz I play since 2014 before FF creation ROLF xD
  • Elinu1Elinu1 Canada ✭✭✭✭
    Aint no one jacking my names :bleep_bloop:
  • vkobevkobe ✭✭✭✭✭
    but we want angel :3
  • AyiAyi ✭✭✭
    Take item level into account too, some of us rolled new alts to mess around with apex skills and put cool names on them.
  • AbstractCHAbstractCH ✭✭✭
    I agree ilvl should be taken into account.
    play time
    item level
    wipe if was inactive and give priority for the player who still plays.
    nice ideas!
  • allofspaceandtimeallofspaceandtime ✭✭✭✭✭
    they could use different colors for the same names, then no one would lose their names and all will be happy
  • RKCRKC ✭✭✭
    #1 rule Dont touch my 13 toons ever. :angry:
  • DeadXDeadX ✭✭✭
    they should switch to the sto style of identification. for those unfamiliar characters are named by an account ID internally and their external character name can be anything, even duplicating names already used by others. this can get a bit unwieldy since you have to whisper, recruit, etc, by an @handle. so the full chara name would be something like [email protected] though the @ part can be truncated with an option in chat controls so you just see the charas name in chat.

yeah, that would require a rework of the chat system, recruiting, etc to move from their current system to an account based system...but in the long run, no more name sellers or people crying about names being taken. major downside...a billion narutos would pop up >.< or whatever the meme name of the month is.
  • RKCRKC ✭✭✭
    My god this is scaring me more than I can take. My toons if one of them gets a name change I will throw a freaking chair.
  • Luniack wrote: »
    play time
    item level
    wipe if was inactive and give priority for the player who still plays.
    nice ideas!

New player rolls an alt, gets a "good" name, logs in after merge to find that other player desires said name, and new player is forced to change it. New player leaves, and the whole purpose of a server merge is defeated. There is no "nice idea" for active players. There are only self serving ideas, that don't do much to help the health of the overall game, but to assuage someone's ego.

If there is a target server: Active players on said server keep their names, regardless of who's coming in insisting they have more "right" to it than someone else.

If it's a "new" server: First come, first serve. If you snooze, you lose, just like it works now if a name isn't available. This doesn't do anything for retention of my above example, but it's infinitely more "fair" than "I wanted that name, and now I'm going to take it because gear". In so far as inactive players are concerned, meh, not really an issue, especially if it's a year or more inactive.